• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Character Movesets Question

Jr555

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I scoured the internet for as much information on this topic as I could find. I got into the topic of Alma`s File loader, and a few other things, and then I felt the need to simply ask; even though it seems unlikely, can you load a move set that was created to go over one character over another (i.e. using the Dark Link move set and fit pack in the Gannondorf folder) ?

I assumed at first that this seems impossible, but I know you all know a lot more about this than I do, so I was hoping someone might have the answer off hand ? Thanks !!

mcgungus1985

Smash Rookie
I managed to do something like that with Yoshi, I added Mario's grab animation and put it with Yoshi. What I did was opened up BrawlBox, then FitMario00.pac (be careful that it's not .PCS), then opened up his move set, which is FitMarioMotionEtc.pac (I think). From there, I went to Catch Wait (right side), right clicked, then chose "Export" and put it somewhere where I'd remember it. After exporting the animation, I opened up Yoshi's files (including the move set), went to Catch Wait, then right clicked again and chose "Replace", from which I chose the file I exported from Mario.

It can be confusing, and swapping move sets from one character to another may leave the character distorted, depending on the animations that were exported/imported. There is a way to fix the distortion, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

billyskater555

Smash Rookie
how do you get to the movesets of the characters in brawlbox, i've looked everywhere and i can't find it, and also do you know where you change the smash moves?

Top Bottom