• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alot of people who are into competitve smash dont attend tournaments. I think i have a solution.

ryu sciu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0619-5783-9398
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...um=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=smashbros

Here is a post I made on reddit for an event idea that i think would help bring more people out to come play. The idea seemed to be very well recieved being upvoted to the top of /r/smashbros for a while.

I am trying to get as much feedback from a variety of communities on what they think about an event like that.

I personally think it would help grow the competitive smash scene.

Let me know what you think, and if your a TO id encourage you to try it once.

SS4E

Smash Rookie
I honestly haven't even found the time to make it out to a tournament yet, mostly due to how far away they all are from me :p

That being said, considering how far I'd have to travel to be able to participate in one, I can imagine it being somewhat discouraging, especially as a newbie, to go all that way only to play a few matches like you described. I mean, I'd expect to be knocked out super early in my first tournament, but I imagine it'd be nice to keep playing competitive matches all day regardless. The arcade-style set up sounds pretty sweet too. 25c isn't a big deal to forfeit to the winner, but it still provides at least some stakes, even if it isn't as much as in actual brackets.

I can't say a whole lot on the subject seeing as I have yet to participate in one such tournament, but if the things you described have been problems for people in the past, this would certainly be an interesting idea to put forward next time you bump into a tournament organizer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom