• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All you "self proclaimed world champions" of SSB64...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackeanka

Smash Rookie
First off, it's not me it's my friend that is one of them. So finally set up an tournament in a couple of weeks to find out. So my question is, how many "masters" are there out there? I just set up netplay on the emulator so my friend can practice against some real talent before the tourney! So if you wanna test him out hit me up in a pm!

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
First off, it's not me it's my friend that is one of them. So finally set up an tournament in a couple of weeks to find out. So my question is, how many "masters" are there out there? I just set up netplay on the emulator so my friend can practice against some real talent before the tourney! So if you wanna test him out hit me up in a pm!
Where?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Let's just stop with that attitude please. Be it serious, semi-joke, or complete joke, this is getting old and not contributing to anything positive.

This thread is not useful anymore either, let's not it derail more.

Edit: to add a final serious answer, thinking of oneself as best seems to be indeed quite common among smash players. I'm not sure if it only applies to smash 64 (and I don't think so), but still, the reasons are quite mysterious. Perhaps the fact of having played for years within the same small group of people makes them think they have discovered all the secrets and have reached the highest level of play? Also, the best of one of those small isolated group will end up feeling he is really good, after years of beating everyone he ever plays (yet everyone referring to only a small group in that case).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom