• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"All the world needs is me." - Neku Sakuraba for SSB4 DLC

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
(snazzy splash image coming soon...probably)

So there was a Neku thread before this, but it was before DLC became official, and the TC didn't seem to pay attention to the thread when the Character forums were re-opened, so the old thread was locked and so I'm making this new DLC-oriented thread. I hope it's alright. (I guess the same would apply for the Isa Jo thread as well, that someone would have to make a new one?)

Anyway, without further ado;
NEKU SAKURABA

INTRODUCTION
For all of those who have played TWEWY, they know the MASSIVE amount of unique options Neku could have as a moveset, and know he would make an amazing addition, but that's not the problem. The problem is he's a third party character as he's owned by Square Enix. However, with Neku showing up in other titles such as Kingdom Hearts, the fact that SE and Nintendo are quite good friends right now, that there are going to be a few new third parties, and the fact that TWEWY was on Nintendo only console (or handeld, whatever) series ever, the chances of Neku being added if SE gets a character slot are quite high, so does he have a chance?

MOVESET OPTIONS

With over 300 different pins, all with their own abilities present in TWEWY, Neku has more that enough options to pick from when it comes to having a moveset. These are just some of the pin psyches that I feel would work well. These aren't all of my ideas, only a few, and I may add more of either my own, or other people's to this later:

SHOCKWAVE - Neku swings his hands through the air creating a small piercing blade from him fingertips. I think Shockwave could easily be implemented as his standard attacks, being used as his jabs and tilts. As it is in the game, they would combo into each other allowing for small 1-2-3 jab strings, and possibly knock up on the third hit to allow for a follow up. This would be Neku's bread and butter close combat option and would be generally fast and safe, but not have much range.

FORCE ROUNDS - An energy projectile that allows Neku to shoot glowing bullets from his hands. Could easily be used as either a Standard Special which would allow him to camp and have a good ranged zoning game. Could possibly even angle the bullets or shoot a small burst or rapid fire of bullets.

PYROKINESIS - Neku creates a stream of fire crawls across the ground and lasts for a short period of time. Could be his Side Special and allow Neku to stop approaches and control parts of the stage for short periods of time. This wont be a spammable move, nor a great punish, but will be there more to pressure your opponents and set up for more of your other attacks.

THUNDERBOLT - Neku summons a small bolt of lightning to strike an enemy in front of him. While this may at first seem like a replica of Pikachu's Down Special, it will act much more differently. It will still be a Down Special, but instead of starting far above Neku like Pikachu's Thunderbolt, it will start much closer to the ground, will pass through platforms, and will appear a short distance in front of Neku. If it connects, it will briefly stun the opponent and strike them again, stunning them again which allows Neku to follow up if the attack lands. However, even though it will come out somewhat quick, but will have a lot of lag on Neku's end, allowing an easy punish if he whiffs it.

VULCAN UPPERCUT - Neku jumps up with his hand in front of him giving him horizontal height and creating a shockwave that carries enemies with him. Basically, a shoryuken. While this wont give him much height nor allow him much forward momentum, he would be allowed to input it up to three times in succession before going into special fall, which in the end would allow him to move quite a distance both upwards and forwards. Each uppercut will pull the opponent up with multiple hits into the last hit of the uppercut, which would then launch the opponent away. While this means people would be able to DI out of it, that's why he has multiple jumps to basically catch anyone who tries to escape. It would be used both as an anti air, and Neku's main recovery move.

PSYCHOKINESIS - Neku can grab anything with his mind, and hurl it somewhere else. While this wont be a normal attack, I feel it should be influenced in his throws. For example, he could effortlessly throw someone behind him for his Back Throw, or maybe for his Down Throw he could summon a car to crush someone with, who knows?

FINAL SMASH - FUSION - Neku summons Shiki and as Neku and Mr. Mew unleash a fury of attacks all over the screen. When Neku aquires the Smash Ball, he can activate this attack. After activation, everything will instantly stop. Shiki will then appear allowing Neku and Mr. Mew to flash all around the screen and attack everything. It will hit all enemies, will go through all shields, and hit regardless of the position on the stage (although it can be dodged with a sidestep or air dodge). Due to the ease of landing it, it will do minimal damage in comparison to other final smashes, and although it can kill, wont kill until medium to high percentages.

OUTRO
Feel freetalk about anything involving Neku in this thread, whether it be his chances of inclusion, what you would like his moveset to be, or anything of the sort, just make sure the topic is Neku! Also, feel free to share anything you feel would help me improve the OP, and if I see something that I find worthy of being mentioned, I'll add it to the OP as well! So with that said, enjoy, and LETS GET OUR LITTLE EMO WARRIOR INTO SMASH 4! ;)

Neku's game, The World Ends With You, was both a critical and commercial success as a non-Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Quest-related IP Square-Enix had published on a Nintendo system. Boasting an impressive battle system, a great story, and a well-received soundtrack, the game was the top-selling DS game the week of its release, and was ranked as the tenth best game released on a Nintendo system last decade by the now-defunct Nintendo Power magazine.

As for Neku himself, as mentioned in his old thread's OP, he has lots of options for his moveset based on his equippable pins in TWEWY. His final smash...I am thinking of the special attack you use against the final boss when you're about to beat it, where he summons Shiki, Joshua and Beat. I'll get a video later.

Plus, if any Square-Enix rep is more likely to be picked for Smash, it would be Neku, in my opinion. Sora is co-owned by Disney, and getting the rights to use him in Smash would be very difficult, if not impossible. Cloud, Lightning, and most other Final Fantasy reps are more synonymous with Sony due to their main games being mostly on Sony systems post-FFVI. Even the characters from FFVI and before are in a bit of a sketchy area, simply because Dissidia: Final Fantasy is a thing (Your Mileage May Vary here). I don't know anything about Dragon Quest so I can't comment there. I also really doubt Geno myself, as his last appearance was in M&L Superstar Saga with S-E's permission, and S-E hasn't used that character since.

There's also Bravely Default, which is relatively new but has already gained a following, particularly for Agnes. I haven't played BD yet but I hope to soon, and while I do support the possibility for Agnes, I support Neku almost ten times more.

I'm not putting excessive hopes in ALL TEH THIRD PARTIES or anything, I'm just saying he would be really cool if he were added.

by @ RadiantTactician RadiantTactician :
Neku is a teenager who lives in the Shibuya District of Tokyo. At the start of the game, you'll find Neku suffering from amnesia and waking up in the Scramble Crossing; he is suddenly thrust into the mysterious Reaper's Game. Personality-wise, he's initially your typical brooding protagonist, and he abhors any type of interaction with other people. As the story progresses, Neku matures into a much more sociable and compassionate person as he begins to find himself in the world.

Special Moves:

Standard Special - Apport - Summons a torrent of boulders to land in front of Neku. Rapidly pressing the special attack will have Neku continuing his barrage for a brief amount of time.

Side Special - Spear Strike - Neku makes a sudden dash, in the direction chosen, while holding his hands outward; with the psyche energy, the attack turns into a spear shaped form as he plows into opponents. This move is mostly used for horizontal recovery, and Neku cannot flinch while the move is in use. Only an explosive attack can interrupt the attack!

Down Special - Pyrokinesis - Neku summons a stream of tall flames that ignite right in front of him and begins to move forward. The longer the player holds down the special, the farther it goes.

Up Special - Vulcan Uppercut - Upon activation, Neku will make a short leap in an upward arc while he unleashes a powerful uppercut until the maximum height.This move is mostly effective for a vertical recovery, but it also does four consecutive hits as Neku swings his arm skyward, with the last hit sending opponents airborne. This move can be used twice in succession before going free-fall.

Final Smash - Final Fusion - With the final smash triggered, Neku moves to the foreground of the stage. Gathering the power of his past partners, Neku calls forth three pillars of light distanced randomly apart from each other on stage, though they don't do damage yet. As the attack fully commences, a white "X" appears in center of the stage then immediately hits the ground, which unleashes an additional two pillars at each end of the X. At once, all of the pillars of light flare up and do devastating amounts of damage.

Standard Moves:

Standard Attack - He starts out using regular punches and kicks, but rapidly pressing the regular attack button will have Neku unleash his Stellar Flurry psych, which is a barrage of hand jab motions in vein of Link's sword fury in Melee.

Standard Tilt (sides, up, down) - Shockwave - A psych-powered swing of Neku's arm, this attack could be used twice in succession in a single direction.

Running Attack - Velocity Crash - While dashing across the stage, Neku becomes surrounded in energy as his sprint converts into a powerful lunge that covers a great distance upon use.

Smash Attack (sides) - Massive Hit - Neku's most powerful attack, he uses psych energy to create a blade in his hands and makes a leaping attack forward. A charged form of this attack will result in massive damage!

Smash Attack (down) - Vortex Saber - To ward of against surrounding opponents, this move is ideal as Neku unleashes two powerful slash attacks in each side, from left to right.

Smash Attack (up) - Piercing Pillar - Neku summons three small pillars of ice from the ground, knocking opponents skyward if hit.

Aerial Attack (neutral) - A weaker variant of Vortex Saber, covering both sides in mid-air.

Aerial Attack (up, sides) - A weaker variant of Shockwave with single use.

Aerial Attack (down) - Grave Marker - Neku dives down rapidly while holding his hands in spear-like position downward briefly. Perfect for a meteor strike but give some room for recovery!

Taunts:

Up Taunt: Extends then shrugs arms, then saying "Full of fail, as usual."

Side Taunt: Throws up and catches Player's Pin, saying "That was nothing"

Down Taunt: Holds up both hands onto headphones, begins shaking head and tapping his foot.

1. @ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura
2. @ FyrianFate FyrianFate
3. @ Mikegamer0608 Mikegamer0608
4. @ Karinole Karinole
5. @ RadiantTactician RadiantTactician
6. @ Schnee117 Schnee117
7. @ SpindaMaster SpindaMaster
8. @ Altais Altais
9. @ Tomlanji Tomlanji
10. @ Célja Célja
11. @ I Inorunner
12. @ Snover Snover
13. @ A AEpurr
14. @ Raheem The Dream Raheem The Dream
15. @MacSmitty

If anyone else has ideas that can be contributed to the OP, suggest away! c:

Last edited:

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Yes yes yes YESSSSS.
God I adore this game so much, from the combat to the characters, to the incredible story, and lets not forget the unique trend system.
Neku is by far one of my most wanted characters (even though I personnaly prefer Shiki and Joshua), and the amount of things he could do is incredible.
Oh, and I think there's much more unique potential to him than just his pins. In the game, you get to fight with three different partners, and they pretty much make how you play, so what I was thinking was that you could have a special move that would change your partner and it would change Neku's moves (kinda like the Monado Arts for Shulk).
God... just the idea of Neku, Shiki, Joshua and Beat appearing in Smash makes me ecstatic^^

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I gotta say I love the game and characters but Neku has extremely low chances in getting into smash bros........ahh what the hell put me down as a supporter.

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Neku would be so sweet. Especially because his custom moves would show off so many of the pins he has access to.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I added the supporters so far to the list! I'll probably be requesting a splash image from someone in the Artwork Emporium soon.

Sorry I haven't had much to say right now. otl

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, this is another game I need to try out soon, with it's critical reception, I'm probably going to get this eventually.
Just one question though, does it require the R button?

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, this is another game I need to try out soon, with it's critical reception, I'm probably going to get this eventually.
Just one question though, does it require the R button?
I've played it a while ago, so I may be wrong, but I do believe it's only touch commands for bottom screen and directional cross for upper screen.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I was wondering if someone made a thread for this guy, consider me a supporter!

I actually have a complete move set from him done on a different site, so I'll just c/p here with some changes:
Neku is a teenager who lives in the Shibuya District of Tokyo. At the start of the game, you'll find Neku suffering from amnesia and waking up in the Scramble Crossing; he is suddenly thrust into the mysterious Reaper's Game. Personality-wise, he's initially your typical brooding protagonist, and he abhors any type of interaction with other people. As the story progresses, Neku matures into a much more sociable and compassionate person as he begins to find himself in the world.

Special Moves:

Standard Special - Apport - Summons a torrent of boulders to land in front of Neku. Rapidly pressing the special attack will have Neku continuing his barrage for a brief amount of time.

Side Special - Spear Strike - Neku makes a sudden dash, in the direction chosen, while holding his hands outward; with the psyche energy, the attack turns into a spear shaped form as he plows into opponents. This move is mostly used for horizontal recovery, and Neku cannot flinch while the move is in use. Only an explosive attack can interrupt the attack!

Down Special - Pyrokinesis - Neku summons a stream of tall flames that ignite right in front of him and begins to move forward. The longer the player holds down the special, the farther it goes.

Up Special - Vulcan Uppercut - Upon activation, Neku will make a short leap in an upward arc while he unleashes a powerful uppercut until the maximum height.This move is mostly effective for a vertical recovery, but it also does four consecutive hits as Neku swings his arm skyward, with the last hit sending opponents airborne. This move can be used twice in succession before going free-fall.

Final Smash - Final Fusion - With the final smash triggered, Neku moves to the foreground of the stage. Gathering the power of his past partners, Neku calls forth three pillars of light distanced randomly apart from each other on stage, though they don't do damage yet. As the attack fully commences, a white "X" appears in center of the stage then immediately hits the ground, which unleashes an additional two pillars at each end of the X. At once, all of the pillars of light flare up and do devastating amounts of damage.

Standard Moves:

Standard Attack - He starts out using regular punches and kicks, but rapidly pressing the regular attack button will have Neku unleash his Stellar Flurry psych, which is a barrage of hand jab motions in vein of Link's sword fury in Melee.

Standard Tilt (sides, up, down) - Shockwave - A psych-powered swing of Neku's arm, this attack could be used twice in succession in a single direction.

Running Attack - Velocity Crash - While dashing across the stage, Neku becomes surrounded in energy as his sprint converts into a powerful lunge that covers a great distance upon use.

Smash Attack (sides) - Massive Hit - Neku's most powerful attack, he uses psych energy to create a blade in his hands and makes a leaping attack forward. A charged form of this attack will result in massive damage!

Smash Attack (down) - Vortex Saber - To ward of against surrounding opponents, this move is ideal as Neku unleashes two powerful slash attacks in each side, from left to right.

Smash Attack (up) - Piercing Pillar - Neku summons three small pillars of ice from the ground, knocking opponents skyward if hit.

Aerial Attack (neutral) - A weaker variant of Vortex Saber, covering both sides in mid-air.

Aerial Attack (down) - Grave Marker - Neku dives down rapidly while holding his hands in spear-like position downward briefly. Perfect for a meteor strike but give some room for recovery!

Taunts:

Down Taunt: Holds up both hands onto headphones, begins shaking head and tapping his foot.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guys, check out what @ N3ON N3ON made:
image.jpg

A snazzy icon to use in your sig! I had to save it to my phone and attach it because it won't let me see the image source on mobile browsers. >.< if the transparency is wrong I'll link the image on my computer later.

-edit- Yup, so much for phone saving. I'll link the image source when I'm on a computer later because saving to phone doesn't preserve transparency.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Here's the transparent version. ;)
Beat me to it! Thanks c:

(I wish linking images on iPhone would be easier, I was gonna open a reply to your OP and click the image to get the source.)

:phone:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Beat me to it! Thanks c:

(I wish linking images on iPhone would be easier, I was gonna open a reply to your OP and click the image to get the source.)

:phone:
That's what you get for tagging me. ;D

And for the sake of being topical, I would definitely support Neku if he had any real shot at inclusion, he'd be very neat in Smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I just wish Square Enix didn't have him.
Ah well I support otherwise.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
well, hope lives again! Y'all can vote for Neku with this: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

I'll vote for him later with a proxy server to change my IP. I already voted twice with my phone for Snake and Fiora and it seems both votes counted.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Neku is a pipe dream of mine. I actually started a facebook page to support him for Smash way back when :p

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Neku is a pipe dream of mine. I actually started a facebook page to support him for Smash way back when :p
Hey Spinda! c:

He's kinda a pipe dream too for me, I'm sorta more expecting Agnes (too lazy to accent rn) from Bravely Default as a Square-Enix rep due to recency and rising popularity, and I'd be cool with her too, don't get me wrong. But oh God, I loved Neku's game and seeing him in and a potential stage and DAT MUSIC DOE....hnnnng

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Hey Spinda! c:

He's kinda a pipe dream too for me, I'm sorta more expecting Agnes (too lazy to accent rn) from Bravely Default as a Square-Enix rep due to recency and rising popularity, and I'd be cool with her too, don't get me wrong. But oh God, I loved Neku's game and seeing him in and a potential stage and DAT MUSIC DOE....hnnnng
I still have that page... I never used it, but it seems I might have a second chance...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I just thought of a special gimmick for Neku, which revolves around the Light Puck (those whom have played his game know what I'm talking about).

Each time Neku lands a successful combo or a single powerful hit, his Light Puck will increase in power, making Neku stronger. The Light Puck will stop increasing in power once it reaches "5x". BUT, after three seconds of not landing a single hit, the Light Puck will revert straight back to its original power level.

I also came up with this basic moveset:

:GCB:Pyrokinesis: Neku conjures a barrage of flames that can be guided with the control stick ANYWHERE within a 360-degree radius. The flame damages opponents multiple times, leaving them open for a follow-up attack.

:GCB::GCR:Force Rounds: Neku fires several energy balls with his palms. The projectiles do little knockback, instead focusing on comboing. The angle at which they are fired can be guided with the control stick.

:GCB::GCU:Vulcan Uppercut: Neku performs a rising uppercut, damaging the opponent multiple times before finally knocking them upwards.

:GCB::GCD:Meteor Magnet: Neku summons a barrage of meteors that fall down on the opponent. When this move is activated, a circle will appear on the ground in front of Neku. The circle can be moved with the control stick, and can even be moved offstage. After the player lets go of the special button, the meteors will fall on the circle's location. The meteors have a...uh, meteor effect on airborne enemies.

[EDIT] Oh, and I forgot to mention...each of Neku's special attacks have a limited number of uses until they run out of energy, after which they will need time to recharge. I thought this would be a great way to capture the essence of Neku's game.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I would support him played his game he is almost a nintendo mobile exclusive character if it wasn't for the iOS games I really wished this was an nintendo own property

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I would support him played his game he is almost a nintendo mobile exclusive character if it wasn't for the iOS games I really wished this was an nintendo own property
I see the iOS version as a port, I guess? With modifications to the playstyle, but Neku has also been on the 3DS-exclusive Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. Plus, as long as a third party character has made at least one appearance on a Nintendo system, they're still viable imo

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
Take a guess to see how I feel about Neku being in Smash..
Neku is my 2nd choice for DLC. 1st being Sora. I will support Neku being in Smash.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Here you go, free to use.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Put me on the list to support Neku.

I absolutely love The World Ends With You and would probably die from excitement and hype if Neku were to be confirmed. TWEWY is by far my favorite DS game ever and one of my top 5 games of all time. Neku's got such great potential and I'm really supporting him for making into Smash. :)

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I've been meaning to post this for a while now, but I forgot lol. :p

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, it's been a while since I visited this thread. Hope I didn't miss any new supporters :0

Anyway, Ryu's gameplay mechanics have me thinking: what if they applied something like the pressure of button presses or even the duration for Neku's normal or B-moves? Especially if they're based on certain Psychs.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Added. Sorry I've not been able to look after this thread so much, work and all takes it out of me.

AEpurr

Smash Rookie
I'm AEspurr

i want to be added as a supporter I love Neku Sakuraba and have been voting for him to get in. "Neku speads the emo" I'm emo too. lol

AEpurr

Smash Rookie
my name's AEspurr. I want to be included as a supporter, i love Neku Sakuraba, he's an awesome character and I want him in Smash too
NEKU SAKURABA

INTRODUCTION
For all of those who have played TWEWY, they know the MASSIVE amount of unique options Neku could have as a moveset, and know he would make an amazing addition, but that's not the problem. The problem is he's a third party character as he's owned by Square Enix. However, with Neku showing up in other titles such as Kingdom Hearts, the fact that SE and Nintendo are quite good friends right now, that there are going to be a few new third parties, and the fact that TWEWY was on Nintendo only console (or handeld, whatever) series ever, the chances of Neku being added if SE gets a character slot are quite high, so does he have a chance?

MOVESET OPTIONS

With over 300 different pins, all with their own abilities present in TWEWY, Neku has more that enough options to pick from when it comes to having a moveset. These are just some of the pin psyches that I feel would work well. These aren't all of my ideas, only a few, and I may add more of either my own, or other people's to this later:

SHOCKWAVE - Neku swings his hands through the air creating a small piercing blade from him fingertips. I think Shockwave could easily be implemented as his standard attacks, being used as his jabs and tilts. As it is in the game, they would combo into each other allowing for small 1-2-3 jab strings, and possibly knock up on the third hit to allow for a follow up. This would be Neku's bread and butter close combat option and would be generally fast and safe, but not have much range.

FORCE ROUNDS - An energy projectile that allows Neku to shoot glowing bullets from his hands. Could easily be used as either a Standard Special which would allow him to camp and have a good ranged zoning game. Could possibly even angle the bullets or shoot a small burst or rapid fire of bullets.

PYROKINESIS - Neku creates a stream of fire crawls across the ground and lasts for a short period of time. Could be his Side Special and allow Neku to stop approaches and control parts of the stage for short periods of time. This wont be a spammable move, nor a great punish, but will be there more to pressure your opponents and set up for more of your other attacks.

THUNDERBOLT - Neku summons a small bolt of lightning to strike an enemy in front of him. While this may at first seem like a replica of Pikachu's Down Special, it will act much more differently. It will still be a Down Special, but instead of starting far above Neku like Pikachu's Thunderbolt, it will start much closer to the ground, will pass through platforms, and will appear a short distance in front of Neku. If it connects, it will briefly stun the opponent and strike them again, stunning them again which allows Neku to follow up if the attack lands. However, even though it will come out somewhat quick, but will have a lot of lag on Neku's end, allowing an easy punish if he whiffs it.

VULCAN UPPERCUT - Neku jumps up with his hand in front of him giving him horizontal height and creating a shockwave that carries enemies with him. Basically, a shoryuken. While this wont give him much height nor allow him much forward momentum, he would be allowed to input it up to three times in succession before going into special fall, which in the end would allow him to move quite a distance both upwards and forwards. Each uppercut will pull the opponent up with multiple hits into the last hit of the uppercut, which would then launch the opponent away. While this means people would be able to DI out of it, that's why he has multiple jumps to basically catch anyone who tries to escape. It would be used both as an anti air, and Neku's main recovery move.

PSYCHOKINESIS - Neku can grab anything with his mind, and hurl it somewhere else. While this wont be a normal attack, I feel it should be influenced in his throws. For example, he could effortlessly throw someone behind him for his Back Throw, or maybe for his Down Throw he could summon a car to crush someone with, who knows?

FINAL SMASH - FUSION - Neku summons Shiki and as Neku and Mr. Mew unleash a fury of attacks all over the screen. When Neku aquires the Smash Ball, he can activate this attack. After activation, everything will instantly stop. Shiki will then appear allowing Neku and Mr. Mew to flash all around the screen and attack everything. It will hit all enemies, will go through all shields, and hit regardless of the position on the stage (although it can be dodged with a sidestep or air dodge). Due to the ease of landing it, it will do minimal damage in comparison to other final smashes, and although it can kill, wont kill until medium to high percentages.

OUTRO
Feel freetalk about anything involving Neku in this thread, whether it be his chances of inclusion, what you would like his moveset to be, or anything of the sort, just make sure the topic is Neku! Also, feel free to share anything you feel would help me improve the OP, and if I see something that I find worthy of being mentioned, I'll add it to the OP as well! So with that said, enjoy, and LETS GET OUR LITTLE EMO WARRIOR INTO SMASH 4! ;)[/spoiler]

Neku's game, The World Ends With You, was both a critical and commercial success as a non-Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Quest-related IP Square-Enix had published on a Nintendo system. Boasting an impressive battle system, a great story, and a well-received soundtrack, the game was the top-selling DS game the week of its release, and was ranked as the tenth best game released on a Nintendo system last decade by the now-defunct Nintendo Power magazine.

As for Neku himself, as mentioned in his old thread's OP, he has lots of options for his moveset based on his equippable pins in TWEWY. His final smash...I am thinking of the special attack you use against the final boss when you're about to beat it, where he summons Shiki, Joshua and Beat. I'll get a video later.

Plus, if any Square-Enix rep is more likely to be picked for Smash, it would be Neku, in my opinion. Sora is co-owned by Disney, and getting the rights to use him in Smash would be very difficult, if not impossible. Cloud, Lightning, and most other Final Fantasy reps are more synonymous with Sony due to their main games being mostly on Sony systems post-FFVI. Even the characters from FFVI and before are in a bit of a sketchy area, simply because Dissidia: Final Fantasy is a thing (Your Mileage May Vary here). I don't know anything about Dragon Quest so I can't comment there. I also really doubt Geno myself, as his last appearance was in M&L Superstar Saga with S-E's permission, and S-E hasn't used that character since.

There's also Bravely Default, which is relatively new but has already gained a following, particularly for Agnes. I haven't played BD yet but I hope to soon, and while I do support the possibility for Agnes, I support Neku almost ten times more.

I'm not putting excessive hopes in ALL TEH THIRD PARTIES or anything, I'm just saying he would be really cool if he were added.

Special Moves:

Standard Moves:

Taunts:

4. @ Karinole Karinole
6. @ Schnee117 Schnee117
8. @ Altais Altais
9. @ Tomlanji Tomlanji
10. @ Célja Célja
11. @ I Inorunner
12. @ Snover Snover
13. @ A AEpurr

If anyone else has ideas that can be contributed to the OP, suggest away! c:[/quote]

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Now that I think about it, I'm kinda interested in what Neku can bring into Smash Bros. I haven't played TWEWY before, but I might see if I can get it for Christmas this year so I'll know who I'm supporting.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
my name's AEspurr. I want to be included as a supporter, i love Neku Sakuraba, he's an awesome character and I want him in Smash too
NEKU SAKURABA

INTRODUCTION

MOVESET OPTIONS

OUTRO
Feel freetalk about anything involving Neku in this thread, whether it be his chances of inclusion, what you would like his moveset to be, or anything of the sort, just make sure the topic is Neku! Also, feel free to share anything you feel would help me improve the OP, and if I see something that I find worthy of being mentioned, I'll add it to the OP as well! So with that said, enjoy, and LETS GET OUR LITTLE EMO WARRIOR INTO SMASH 4! ;)[/spoiler]

Special Moves:

Standard Moves:

Taunts:

4. @ Karinole Karinole
6. @ Schnee117 Schnee117
8. @ Altais Altais
9. @ Tomlanji Tomlanji
10. @ Célja Célja
11. @ I Inorunner
12. @ Snover Snover
13. @ A AEpurr

If anyone else has ideas that can be contributed to the OP, suggest away! c:
[/quote]
Hey, don't forget about me, @ A AEpurr ! Cuz, I'm Raheem The Dream is here to join in and Neku Sakuraba for Smash Bros Franchise in SMASH in DLC in time, now! P.S: #NekuForSmash!
11891229_902052563176018_8978388737144164075_n Neku.jpg
newcomer___neku_sakuraba_by_evilwaluigi-d60bul4.png
b84 NekuForSmash.png

North America Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
EU-UK Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/en-uk/
Japan Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
AAAAA THAT KIRBY HAT. *A*

Say, it's the last stretch. Anyone willing to make a Twitter or something for Neku? I've privated my Twitter and have no confidence in running a Twitter to spread the word of Neku.

Top Bottom