• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All The Essentials

SilverSolis

Smash Rookie
So I can't seem to find everything on Little Mac Tech that happens to be one big encyclopedia for him. If possible, could you share all Little Mac Tech and Tech that is essential to improving with him?

A3DAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
Adawg369
Switch FC
SW-7637-0451-5705
No clue if it works anymore, but there was a kill combo that I used to see. Usually works at around 80 percent, and with larger characters. The combo starts with short hop (no fast fall) F-air, instant short hop D-air, and Up Smash (may need to dash to the right or left based on their percentage to land it)

SilverSolis

Smash Rookie
That isn't Tech, that's just a Combo. Also forgot to list the things I currently do.
Roll Grab Cancel (NEEDED)
Gazelle Punch (Nice to Know)
Instant Ledge Grab (Goes into 50/50 Jolt Haymaker if ledge trumped properly)
Dash Dance (How else you gonna play footsies?)

A-Landing is essentially useless for Little Mac, due to Frames to A land happen after frame 20, and not on start up.
(Frame Data: kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Little%20Mac )

B-Reversals seem pretty useless too, due to Neutral B has alot of ending lag. The only use I could potentionally find for it is some wacky ledge trump. Jolt Haymaker is much more reliable for it though.

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
That isn't Tech, that's just a Combo. Also forgot to list the things I currently do.
Roll Grab Cancel (NEEDED)
Gazelle Punch (Nice to Know)
Instant Ledge Grab (Goes into 50/50 Jolt Haymaker if ledge trumped properly)
Dash Dance (How else you gonna play footsies?)

A-Landing is essentially useless for Little Mac, due to Frames to A land happen after frame 20, and not on start up.
(Frame Data: kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Little%20Mac )

B-Reversals seem pretty useless too, due to Neutral B has alot of ending lag. The only use I could potentionally find for it is some wacky ledge trump. Jolt Haymaker is much more reliable for it though.
Perfect pivot is a MUST. This will significantly improve his ground game more than it already is. His pivots are the second longest in the game (only beaten by C. Falcon). Doing things like perfect pivot Ftilts will significantly increase his Ftilt range and you can also perfect pivot in one direction and ftilt in the direction you are facing after the pivot is inputted which is a good defensive tool against those trying to approach you.

Also, considering Mac has one of the best Utilts in game since it deals great damage and covers a lot of space as well as comboing into itself at low percents, you can combine that with perfect pivots to maximize your approach game. You can also use it for good combos to rack up damage at low percents like Dtilt -> Dtilt -> PP Utilt -> Utilt -> Up-special (watch for your opponents DI and be cautious with light and floaty characters like Rosalina, Jiggs, Mewtwo, and G&W since the Dtilt and Utilt is difficult to combo into itself on them even at very low percents). You can even use his frame-1 jabs after a perfect pivot to put a "wall" in front of you against those who are trying to approach.

It's good that you have extended dash dancing covered because that is also a MUST.

Last edited:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
His B reversal is actually useful for his teleport punch which is when you KOP before landing you end up doing the grounded version while covering more ground.

PP > shield is the fastest way to block out of a dash.

Pivot grab is nice after a crossup.

JC punch is also good to do out of shield, out of dash, run and even in place JC punch has slightly more range.

AC fair and bair should also be considered practicing because of it's strict timing. (SH with tap jump helps)

Ledge jump > nair/counter/side B are good options to have in mind.

Sweetspotting edge with the 1st 3 frames of up B it's a safe way to recover. I mainly use it after a double jump > air dodge.

Top Bottom