• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All smashers please fill out this petition, for Gamecube controllers for smash 4

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Wii U Pro Controller and Will Classic Controller are just fine. And Reggie already said petitions don't work.

D

Deleted member

i dont really see whats so bad about the wii u pro controller. we wont know how the controllers feel until the game comes out.

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
i dont really see whats so bad about the wii u pro controller. we wont know how the controllers feel until the game comes out.
It's speculated that numerous Wii U Pro Controllers(as an example lets say 16 are within a close range) cause interference with one another and could be a big problem at tourneys, meetups, etc.

Wired Gamecube Controllers, or WaveBird Controllers don't have this problem so I'm guessing players will need to find alternatives to the controllers(I'm guessing mods, third party wires/parts?) or how organizing matches at matches/tourneys work.

This is something I think should be thought of for big events like Apex or EVO in time for SSB4's release.

Last edited:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It's speculated that numerous Wii U Pro Controllers(as an example lets say 16 are within a close range) cause interference with one another and could be a big problem at tourneys, meetups, etc.

Wired Gamecube Controllers, or WaveBird Controllers don't have this problem so I'm guessing players will need to find alternatives to the controllers(I'm guessing mods, third party wires/parts?) or how organizing matches at matches/tourneys work.

This is something I think should be thought of for big events like Apex or EVO in time for SSB4's release.
I went to tournaments with a classic controller and put the Wii and remote both in an aluminum coated cardboard box so that cellphones would stop interfering.

I wish I made that up.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hey, this is still alive.
We over at the SSB4 forums caused a big flame war over this...
...It was hilarious...

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
There ARE Gamecube controllers that plug into Wiimotes, right?

Even if they're unofficial, they'll probably exist for this very reason.

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Hell, why not? It's worth a shot, right? I understand that Gamecube controllers have all but died out and are pretty much obsolete without Smash, but if the game is going to be as big as everyone thinks it is, it would be reasonable for Nintendo to consider all previous controller options and realize that unlike a few past controllers, the Gamecube controller still has its merit. And besides, it would be nice to have a brand new Gamecube controller again after mine has pretty much died on me after years of use.

xandre

Smash Cadet
i'd be more worried about whether the game is actually going to be a hardcore experience. you can adapt to a new controller, but we all know you can't adapt brawl into a faster game. i don't need the perfect controller if i'm not going to be doing insanely technical stuff.

p.s. the mayflash adapter doesn't work right.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
nintendo isn't gonna go back to controller ports any time soon. best just getting a GCN adapter to go with a wiimote if you have one.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
what do you mean it doesn't always work? most people have no problems with it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...And before this explodes like ours. I'd like to point out this from our thread.
Mew2King said:
I'm probably making a controller for Smash 4 that you all can buy. Maybe. See my links below (in my sig below) for updates/details when I get around to posting it.
Oh which I say to him, good luck. Though I don't know how you can make it wired.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
sigh, if petitions worked the wiiU would have soul caliber 2 HD right now.

xandre

Smash Cadet
what do you mean it doesn't always work? most people have no problems with it.
the control stick isn't calibrated correctly. the range of the stick on the gc controller is different from the range of the classic controller, which is what the adapter inputs as into the wii u. this creates a deadzone at the farthest reaches of the gc stick. i can't imagine that someone else won't be able to produce something without this fault; maybe mayflash will even fix it. but as it, it isn't 100%. i'm basing this off of my experience as well as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gotrGK2vOY

maybe we just got poorly calibrated ones, though. but it's also possible that noobs just don't notice.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh* it's always extremely traumatizing to change controllers.
Changing from wiimote + chuk to GC was a nightmare. The only thing I could do was shield... and I was thinking of turning tapjump on so that I could maybe learn the normal jump later...

But Classic and WiiU Pro controllers don't look much too different. Except for that octagon shape on the joysticks. :c I really like that octagon.

Top Bottom