• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Probable Characters that could appear in Brawl

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I updated the list now with links to profiles/pictures of each of them.

As for Mallow/Geno, it is difficult to say what category they fit into. I am waiting for information to come out on who owns the characters. I have seen some say Mallow is owned by Nintendo, which is why he is not in the Square Enix category as Geno is definitely owned by Square Enix and thus is under there. To remedy, I have put in quotes next to Geno's name that he can technically be considered a Mario character and if in game he would probably appear with the mushroom icon.

Please, if there are any characters I missed or something else I missed (I found out I had a lot of things missing or wrong on this list today) then do not hesitate to call me out. Also, if there is something you disagree with (including a character's inclusion on the list) please start discussing it and if the argument for it's removal is good enough I will remove it. This is mostly for 3rd party characters though, considering any Nintendo character could easily be in this game.
Mallow, Boshi and Geno are all owned by the same company...that company is square Enix.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has been said, if so sorry,
but Advance Wars have an assist trophy, they're pixalated soldiers and tanks.
:D

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Mallow, Boshi and Geno are all owned by the same company...that company is square Enix.
Could you please show some evidence to support this? It would be appreciated.

Feraligatr could easily get in Brawl in a Pokeball, but for some reason it looks like starters are liked more than anything else. I would bet on seeing Mudkip in Brawl before seeing Feraligatr.

Lt. Surge and Infantry have been added. If you could please let me know the game they are from (a link to a profile would be great as well) that would help me out a lot.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Birdo and Waluigi go in the Mario Universe, also Shy Guy has been seen as a background character.
So has Condor which you missed as a opening for the Ice Climbers.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi and Birdo are under the Mario universe already, and Geno is under the Square Enix universe for the time being. Others might soon join him, or vice versa.

If you are looking for a character the simplest way to do so is to use the find function. Ctrl+F should open it on most computers (at least Windows, sorry Mac users I don't know how to do it on them) and then type in the name of the character.

Condor and Shy Guy have been updated. If I miss something else, do tell.

Cless

Smash Champion
Because Yae had not been added. I have added them now though.

I am not familiar with a lot of games, so I have to take a guess of when to stop adding characters. Japanese only games are specifically difficult.
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja isn't a Japanese only game.

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
A very nice list you have here.

One thing, though, why do you have the Xenosaga characters listed with all the Nintendo first party series? Xenosaga is third party and should be listed in the Namco section...

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Sonic needs the confirmed symbol.
Done.

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja isn't a Japanese only game.
1. Shows you what I know and 2. I meant in general terms, games that are in Japan that I couldn't have played and don't have a lot information in English are harder.

Why haven't you put Mallow or Boshi in the Square Enix section?!
I have yet to see any solid evidence they are in fact owned by Square Enix. Geno on the other hand has evidence due to the Square Enix logo in the Mario & Luigi game he cameoed in. If you have proof Mallow and Boshi are in fact owned by Square Enix, please post it and I will gladly move them.

One thing, though, why do you have the Xenosaga characters listed with all the Nintendo first party series? Xenosaga is third party and should be listed in the Namco section...
Monolith Soft was recently bought by Nintendo from Namco. I have not been able to find information on what series traveled though, but assumed that it traveled along with Baiten Kaitos. If you have proof that the series did not travel and is still owned by Namco, please post it. Until then I have moved the series down to the bottom with the third parties, and added a disclaimer.

I will contact Nintendo/Monolith Soft in order to see who owns what characters and series, and am waiting on Square Enix to reply back to me but have yet to receive any information.

D

Deleted member

Waluigi and Birdo are under the Mario universe already, and Geno is under the Square Enix universe for the time being. Others might soon join him, or vice versa.
He's better off being in the Mario Universe. Sakurai thinks of him as a Mario character.

Cless

Smash Champion
I highly doubt that Xenosaga traveled through. I dunno, it'd be weird since KOS-MOS, Shion, and Momo were in Namco X Capcom.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
He's better off being in the Mario Universe. Sakurai thinks of him as a Mario character.
I'm still waiting for some better confirmation. The character is obviously under the Mario universe, but if owned by Square Enix could technically be a third party. Depending on how Geno is used (whether Nintendo has fair use whenever of him as long as they credit Square Enix or if they have to pay for him or what) then that is where everything sits right now.

As for whether you believe this is necessary or not, that is your own opinion and considering that many people have tried to create a list of what they believed to be in game and not the actual list then this could help people.

If there is an argument for me to take someone off, and it is good enough I will consider their removal.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Mallow and Boshi were only ever in Super Mario RPG a game which every character in it, besides ones already owned by ninty, are owned by Square-enix...thus including Mallow, Axem Rangers, Boshi, Smithy, Geno, Booster, etc.

Also you are on the internet so if you want someone to give you proof don't be lazy and get it yourself.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
man your ****ing stubborn.
Sorry, this is the Internet man. You know how people can easily make something up with no proof on a forum and I'm a very big skeptic when it comes to saying something with no proof and this is such a hot topic of where they all fall.

I'm still waiting on a response, but it could be a few days. If anyone can find information that states who owns Geno (not so much as the others though), Mallow and Boshi and the Xenosaga series then it'd be very much appreciated.

If there is any character I missed, either in the background or as an AT/Pokeball or even something who hasn't shown up then do tell.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'm not making it up though, you just seem to think that even though Geno who was in more games than mallow and boshi who were just in smrpg, geno being in smrpg and m&l:ss, Mallow and boshi are nintendo owned. If any of the 3 would be nintendo owned it would be Geno...but none are owned by nintendo.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Sora, (Kingdom Hearts) Needs to go under Square Enix.

Sorry, this is the Internet man. You know how people can easily make something up with no proof on a forum and I'm a very big skeptic when it comes to saying something with no proof and this is such a hot topic of where they all fall.

I'm still waiting on a response, but it could be a few days. If anyone can find information that states who owns Geno (not so much as the others though), Mallow and Boshi and the Xenosaga series then it'd be very much appreciated.

If there is any character I missed, either in the background or as an AT/Pokeball or even something who hasn't shown up then do tell.
Your sig= The stupid. you forgot the 1337 players: NO WAVEDASHING!? Screw Brawl!

you really should take time to get to know people/why they support what character before you start judging them : \. Saying you dont what a charcter in the game is fine though.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Sora, (Kingdom Hearts) Needs to go under Square Enix.

Your sig= The stupid. you forgot the 1337 players: NO WAVEDASHING!? Screw Brawl!

you really should take time to get to know people/why they support what character before you start judging them : \. Saying you dont what a charcter in the game is fine though.
1. Sora added
2. My sig is so old that it was created about the same time as the Ice Climbers, Y. Link & Game & Watch rumor started. And that was the first time I had touched it in years and I'm too lazy/busy to care to change it. Whether you think it's stupid or not, is your own opinion.
3. ...umm...what? why they support a character? I don't care why or who they support, I only care about probability. My personal opinion doesn't matter, because I personally don't want Ridley to be playable. He's on the list, and has a good chance. I would love to see Bubbles from Clu Clu Land in somehow, and she's on the list with a small chance. My opinion doesn't matter to this list.

I'm not making it up though, you just seem to think that even though Geno who was in more games than mallow and boshi who were just in smrpg, geno being in smrpg and m&l:ss, Mallow and boshi are nintendo owned. If any of the 3 would be nintendo owned it would be Geno...but none are owned by nintendo.
I know, but what I'm saying is that there is proof Geno is owned by Square Enix. The fact Nintendo had to ask to use the character would be the proof. Mallow and Boshi have not been seen since, and whether they are owned by Nintendo and just not used (like many characters on the list) or owned by Square Enix is hard to say.

I got an answer back from Square Enix. Apparently they didn't have that information. I'm still waiting on Nintendo's response now and hope that they have some information on who owns these characters. You'd think the company that owned them would know, wouldn't you?

Krell

Smash Journeyman
OP... I don't feel I understand your thought process as far as Final Fantasy characters go.
Wouldn't characters from the original couple of games make more sense? Not, say, Cloud. Especially Cecil Harvey from FFIV.
Just a thought.

I'm honestly not a Final Fantasy fan at all, but Cecil seems the most likely to me, as they are remaking IV for DS and it was originally for SNES.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
OP... I don't feel I understand your thought process as far as Final Fantasy characters go.
Wouldn't characters from the original couple of games make more sense? Not, say, Cloud. Especially Cecil Harvey from FFIV.
Just a thought.

I'm honestly not a Final Fantasy fan at all, but Cecil seems the most likely to me, as they are remaking IV for DS and it was originally for SNES.
I'm not a fan either, but Cloud is a huge fan favorite. It would make more sense for Cecil to be in, sure, but you say "Cecil Harvey is in Brawl" and you might have some question marks from people wondering who he was.

Nonetheless, I have added Cecil Harvey to the list of characters. Cloud was only on there because when I originally made the list months ago (it was not this big) all I had were the popular supported characters that had at least a chance. Though, I doubt Cloud's inclusion, there are crazier things we've seen so far.

Top Bottom