• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North All Or Nothing (AON): Long Island's Premier Smash 4 Weekly!

All Or Nothing (AON): Long Island's Premier Smash 4 Weekly!
Posted by SeanS
AON Gaming, LLC.
Friday, February 17, 2017 - 05:30 PM
Until: Friday, February 17, 2017 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

SeanS

Smash Journeyman

NOTE: Due to a thread formatting error, this may give the impression that we are starting in December. We are starting in January. Sorry for the confusion!

AON is a one-of-a-kind weekly on Long Island with the venue size, equipment, and quality you'd expect of big tournaments - and it's now run and supported by the best of Long Island's Smash 4 scene. We've become Long Island's main local for good reason, and with your help, we're about to get bigger!

Check us out at 21 Brandywine Drive, where we feature a fully game-dedicated venue with tons of lagless TVs - you won't regret it! (And if you're a Melee or PM player, check out the Facebook link at the bottom of this; AON has weeklies for those too!)

VENUE INFORMATION

Our venue, a fully game-dedicated venue, is located on 21 Brandywine Drive in Deer Park, NY. We sell snacks, beverages, and even discounted pizza on-site, but we're also conveniently located right next to the Tanger Outlets of Deer Park. No hunger johns!

We stream every event! You can always watch us at https://www.twitch.tv/aonstreams . You can catch AON events for other games here as well!

Our tournament opens for registration at 4:30; doubles begins at 5:30, and singles begins at 7:00. You are absolutely welcome to arrive earlier, but you are not welcome to arrive later except as a spectator. Friendlies are permitted and possible for anyone who has paid the venue fee regardless of tournament participation.

We are a largely professional tournament, but we are always open to the possibility of a jank bracket or junior varsity bracket! Stay tuned to Facebook or listen for announcements at the tournament for anything potential!

Great players attend our venue! They wouldn't waste their time with us if we weren't a respected venue! The likes of Vinnie and Mr. E are not a surprise to anyone here. Nor is one of our own TOs in Raptor!

We almost always have setups for friendlies, as well as Smash 64, Melee, PM, and sometimes even Rivals of Aether! Even if you're not the best tournament player, the amount of fun you can have here every week is incredible!

Our prize pot consists of the bracket entry fees, and it is split in percentages of 60-30-10 amongst the first, second, and third place entrants respectively. On the occasion of large turnouts, a prize distribution including 4th place contenders may, however, be elected.

Our venue fee is a bit more than the standard to support the fantastic venue we have - but there are very easy ways for you to reduce it! Doing something as simple as pre-registering on Facebook will take a whole 2 dollars off your venue fee, and we have even better deals for anyone who drives a carpool or travels to Long Island from other regions!

THE TOURNAMENT ORGANIZERS

We have two primary and well-respected TOs running everything, with the store owner for backup! We're ruthlessly efficient! Let me introduce everyone.

I, SeanS, have been a mainstay of the Long Island Smash 4 scene as a player and as a TO. For over a year, I ran AON's predecessor in Friday Night Smash to the acclaim of my scene. I'm known for my detail-oriented, focused approach. And I really want to show you that I'm not just bragging here!

TOing alongside me is Raptor, a known figure in the Smash community since the Brawl days. With his tenure, he brings a surprising amount of TO experience as well as a renewed motivation for bringing this scene together. His motivation to get everything in order will not disappoint you!

And, of course, we have store owner in Face. He's a man of business, but he's also been a respected TO of PM and Melee from far before the AON days! He knows the ins and outs of how to keep this venue running, and he supports multiple game communities on any given day. If you have any official business with our weekly or the venue itself, he's the man to talk to.

As a group, we're all reachable on Facebook, ideally through the event pages, but also via private message if you have any personal issues. We're a great bunch, and we leap at every opportunity to demonstrate that to you!

OFFICIAL RULES

We play 2 stock, 6 minute matches with no items.

In the case of a tie resulting from timeout, the winner is determined first by stock lead, then by damage percentage lead.
In the extraordinarily rare case of a tie by all of these accounts, you must replay the full match or, at the discretion of the tournament organizers, do a 1-stock, 3 minute match.

Per each opponent you face, you will play a best-of-3 set, except in winners / losers finals and grand finals, where you will play a best-of-5.

When a set begins, 2 opposed players play rock-paper-scissors. The winner of RPS may choose to ban one stage from the standard portion of the stage list below or ask his opponent to do so; the other player will then ban two such stages, letting the designated player pick from the remaining two.

The winner of a round in a set must select their character before their opponent does.

The winner of a round in a set bans one stage from the complete stage list below, and the loser picks from the remaining stages.

You may not pick a stage that you have already won on without the specific consent of your opponent(s).

Pause is turned off. If it is not turned off, and someone pauses, they forfeit their stock.

Customs are off unless otherwise stated.

The winner on the results screen is always the winner - we have no suicide move clauses.

OUR DEFAULT MAPLIST IS AS FOLLOWS:

Standard: Battlefield, Final Destination*, Smashville, Town and City, Dreamland
Counterpick: Lylat Cruise, Duck Hunt

* May be substituted for non-walled Omega (e.g. Omega Gaur Plain) with the specific consent of all involved players.

ENTRY PRICES, VENUE FEE DISCOUNTS, AND MORE

Running a dedicated gaming venue is costly, so this is what has historically been charged (and still is if you're a walk-in-the-door-and-say-nothing type):

Entry for Singles, Doubles: $5 each
Venue fee: $10

But now that the initial debts on the venue are largely paid for, we can offer much better to everyone! We have the following venue fee discounts available to our tourneygoers every week:

Support Discount: Click "attending" on the Facebook event for that date and get $2 off!
New Player Discount: Anyone who attends AON as their first tournament gets $5 off that day!
Carpool Driver Discount 1: Drive 2-3 people with you and get $5 off!
Carpool Driver Discount 2: Drive 4+ people with you and pay no venue fee!
Traveler Discount: Anyone who drives to our events from outside of Long Island gets $5 off!

And on top of that, AON has a membership program that's ideal for anyone who wants to play multiple games every week! Contact Face via Facebook or the store phone number for more info!

KEEP IN TOUCH WITH AON (+ THE COVETED FACEBOOK LINK)

To find our event pages, browse https://www.facebook.com/aongaming/?fref=ts . Find the "upcoming events" tab and click on the Smash 4 event (or the ones you want to attend)!

We will respond quickly to any post made to the event pages, but you may also contact us through other means. Starting at 4:00 on Fridays, we are reachable via phone at (631) 392-1616. I, SeanS, will also try to respond to anything on this thread, but do not check too regularly.

Watch us at https://www.twitch.tv/aonstreams . This link works for other AON events as well!

We also encourage you to join the Long Island Smash for 3DS / Wii U Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/LIsmash4/ for an alternative way to find our events, as well as for the purposes of discussing AON or the broader Long Island Smash 4 scene. Be a part of your community!

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
Looking forward to this!

Last edited:

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
Friendly reminder that we're hitting the ground running this Friday! Come check us out!

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Friendly reminder that we're hitting the ground running this Friday! Come check us out!
HEy Sean! Don't know if you remember me but i'm the olimar main :) We met at HSS over a year ago. I will be attending very very soon and look forward to seeing you again... Which days are the PM tournaments? Thanks man! So exicted to get out there agiain.

Blurr.

Smash Rookie
NNID
buckeyesman 8
Do the times mean that if I'm only doing singles I just have to be on time to singles? I'm very new to tournaments because I'm this will finally be my first one.

Top Bottom