• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Whooo look at all that edginess

I don't like Miis one bit either but you don't see me saying HUUURRRRR MIIS ARE A DISGRACE TO THE HARDCORE

Leave the treehouse before I'm forced to set it on fire, it's starting to smell

Freduardo

Smash Champion
smash brothers is for hardcore fans?

Are you kidding? I absolutely love this game, but hardcore?

Smash Brothers is to a Hardcore fighting game (Guilty Gear, Tekken, Street Fighter, King Of Fighters, even flipping mortal Kombat and injustice) As Mario Kart is to Forza.

A superior and more fun game. Because it's eight billion times as simple while having infinite more depth by just being well made. But not 'hardcore'.

Now cause I feel like ranting.

Hardcore gaming is stupid. Gaming is not a hobby that should be done in a 'hardcore' way. It should like any hobby with little to no productive value be done in moderation, because if we tell ourselves anything other than we're wasting time in our lives on this hobby, we're lying. Nor is it as a hobby in itself hardcore. You sit on your ass and stare at a screen. Really the hardest level workout on EA Get Active is probably the only real 'hardcore' game.

Smash is just such a good game I want to waste all that time in my life I do playing it.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591

Smash Brothers is to a Hardcore fighting game (Guilty Gear, Tekken, Street Fighter, King Of Fighters, even flipping mortal Kombat and injustice) As Mario Kart is to Forza.

A superior and more fun game. Because it's eight billion times as simple while having infinite more depth by just being well made. But not 'hardcore'.

Hardcore gaming is stupid. Gaming is not a hobby that should be done in a 'hardcore' way. It should like any hobby with little to no productive value be done in moderation, because if we tell ourselves anything other than we're wasting time in our lives on this hobby, we're lying. Nor is it as a hobby in itself hardcore. You sit on your *** and stare at a screen. Really the hardest level workout on EA Get Active is probably the only real 'hardcore' game.

Smash is just such a good game I want to waste all that time in my life I do playing it.
video games are very far from being a waste of time, I believe games are like viewing a nice painting or a blockbuster movie. Each game has a story to tell, a puzzle to solve, or lets you spend val. bonding time with family and friends. Also a lot of games require skill to be good, just like football and basketball you can only get better at it with enough practice. I wasted a lot of time in my life but none of it was playing video games

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Whooo look at all that edginess

I don't like Miis one bit either but you don't see me saying HUUURRRRR MIIS ARE A DISGRACE TO THE HARDCORE

Leave the treehouse before I'm forced to set it on fire, it's starting to smell
I think when I take it that far you can read between the lines.

Mii confirmed for SSS tier
I still don't see it happening, although I'll just come out and ask because all my whimsy seems to be lost on you guys: why would you want a mii? Honestly speaking if it gets some custom stuff there's a chance it may be need to be banned, there's literally at least 20 other characters from actual game series that could be more visually interesting and have better moves. Did you guys really like Wii Play/Sports/Music that much?

Uforia77

Smash Cadet
Actually, a lot of moves of Marth has are based off of his game, same applies to Ness:

While I am aware that it is possible to make moves out of whatever, him, just being him, is a very boring palette, but thats just my opinion. And doesn't Wario already foot the bill as a "moronic klutz" character?

I honestly could see him being in the game, but as a character he seems like they just phoned him in out of desperation and Namco Bandai just placing him in the game just because like with Mario Kart. We'll see though.
I'll admit, that video was actually really good, and touched on a lot of nods I missed with Marth's gameplay... however, Ness didnt have any of his 'PK' attacks in Earthbound... In fact, there were no PK attacks. They were PSI attacks, and despite the name change, the abilities that Ness uses in Smash, were actually Paula's abilities anyway.

Also, now that I think about it, before Smash, had Captain Falcon ever thrown a Falcon Punch? The point I am trying to make, regardless, is that they can take chances with characters, and give them abilities that dont have to make complete sense, as long as it feels natural.

As for Wario already being the moronic klutz, who says we cant have more than one? how many swordfighters do we have, for example?

I'm not a supporter of Pacman in Smash, by any means, but all I'm saying is that if they decide to put him in, they'll make him work, and people will probably play him at some point anyway!

I'll admit, that video was actually really good, and touched on a lot of nods I missed with Marth's gameplay... however, Ness didnt have any of his 'PK' attacks in Earthbound... In fact, there were no PK attacks. They were PSI attacks, and despite the name change, the abilities that Ness uses in Smash, were actually Paula's abilities anyway.

Also, now that I think about it, before Smash, had Captain Falcon ever thrown a Falcon Punch? The point I am trying to make, regardless, is that they can take chances with characters, and give them abilities that dont have to make complete sense, as long as it feels natural.

As for Wario already being the moronic klutz, who says we cant have more than one? how many swordfighters do we have, for example?

I'm not a supporter of Pacman in Smash, by any means, but all I'm saying is that if they decide to put him in, they'll make him work, and people will probably play him at some point anyway!
You do have a point, and having more than one type of character to play with is always welcoming, but comparing him to Captain Falcon is somewhat extreme.

Captain Falcon is a bounty hunter as well as a racer, and his moves aren't entirely original, as they just used the macho-martial artist moves from Sakurai's original game before it was smash bros, named dragon king. But it suits Captain Falcon since his moves are essentially based off of early Japanese martial arts hero cartoons that Sakurai probably grew up on lol.

The way I see if is each characters has a niche that feeds that supports the imagination of the creator. Fox is a mercenary, Samus a Bounty hunter, Wii Fit Trainer is a Yoga Instructor, Villager collects stuff etc. Pac-Man eats pellets among other things (and by other things I mean being mediocre at every thing else), so what moves could he have outside of the average platformer? I'd imagine they would stick to the concept of his original game, but it seems difficult considering that he does a finite amount of things.

andzrej

Project Z Curator
I think when I take it that far you can read between the lines.

I still don't see it happening, although I'll just come out and ask because all my whimsy seems to be lost on you guys: why would you want a mii? Honestly speaking if it gets some custom stuff there's a chance it may be need to be banned, there's literally at least 20 other characters from actual game series that could be more visually interesting and have better moves. Did you guys really like Wii Play/Sports/Music that much?
no i'm saying that it's going to be SSS tier and rule the new smash scene

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Hardcore gaming is stupid. Gaming is not a hobby that should be done in a 'hardcore' way. It should like any hobby with little to no productive value be done in moderation, because if we tell ourselves anything other than we're wasting time in our lives on this hobby, we're lying. Nor is it as a hobby in itself hardcore. You sit on your *** and stare at a screen. Really the hardest level workout on EA Get Active is probably the only real 'hardcore' game.

Games are a form of art, enjoying a form of art isn't a waste.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros has always been a tricky one when it comes to whether it is aimed towards 'hardcore' players. I mean, I used to have people my age come round all the time who could only just get the hang of Smash Bros. It isn't a particularly easy game to learn for first time players, lets put it that way.

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice

Lol you sound like a butthurt noob who couldn’t get good at the games you mentioned so you tell everyone who is better than you that they are wasting their time. Also smash is in no way "superior" to any of these games, they are all great in their own way. Your "reasoning" for its "superiority" is 100% subjective and therefore a personal opinion and not a universal statement.

Your Rant is ridiculous, you could just as well call any sport a waste of time. Why shouldn't hobbies be done in a hardcore way lol? How do you determine which activities are a waste of time and which aren’t? Do you believe that your activity should somehow benefit society to not be a waste of time? If you get good enough at smash people will want to watch you, therefore you contribute to society, you become part of the entertainment business (like movies and sports..).

Personally I believe as long as you are enjoying yourself on this planet and you don’t interfere with anyone else’s business, you're doing it right and no one’s judgement should bother you, that’s just my mentality though.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Lol you sound like a butthurt noob who couldn’t get good at the games you mentioned so you tell everyone who is better than you that they are wasting their time. Also smash is in no way "superior" to any of these games, they are all great in their own way. Your "reasoning" for its "superiority" is 100% subjective and therefore a personal opinion and not a universal statement.

Your Rant is ridiculous, you could just as well call any sport a waste of time. Why shouldn't hobbies be done in a hardcore way lol? How do you determine which activities are a waste of time and which aren’t? Do you believe that your activity should somehow benefit society to not be a waste of time? If you get good enough at smash people will want to watch you, therefore you contribute to society, you become part of the entertainment business (like movies and sports..).

Personally I believe as long as you are enjoying yourself on this planet and you don’t interfere with anyone else’s business, you're doing it right and no one’s judgement should bother you, that’s just my mentality though.
Honestly I'd say my statement comes from the opposite of being a noob, it's from someone who's getting older and video games are a harder hobby to keep up with every year. You got to work at least 40 hours a week. You need to sleep. And you'd like to not be a complete hermit in life. Of course they're a time killer, I'm not pleasing loved ones or taking care of my family, I'm not working towards my career. It's a time killer, a waste of time, and the epitome of selfishness. Technically so are times I post on this forum, or play sports for that matter, but those at least can cause 'hardcore' physical improvement or keep oneself in shape, but for the most part, a selfish time killer. And everyone's got vices so we should be allowed to play. But there's no point lying to ourselves about what we're doing and saying we're just enabling a psychological addiction to our time killers because we're 'hardcore'.

Also on top of being too old, anyone that says he's 'hardcore' or any other adjective other than "I've played a lot of this game I like" is just talking themselves up in a dishonest way. I'm not saying we shouldn't like the games, and honestly, the claim video games are a form of art actually makes me doubt my stance more than anything. Shadow of the Colossus was an absolutely beautiful game and experience.

But ultimately, we can't just stay in and play games all the time no matter how much we want to. That's kind of why I like to play fighting games, the skills come from childhood, and they're not a complete life-sucker like world of warcraft. But even with those, you still got to be careful how much you let the game hold you.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Why the hate on the Miis? Wouldn't a customizable character or something you build be more hardcore? Or is that only int he case of hardcore rpgs?

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I'd say my statement comes from the opposite of being a noob, it's from someone who's getting older and video games are a harder hobby to keep up with every year. You got to work at least 40 hours a week. You need to sleep. And you'd like to not be a complete hermit in life. Of course they're a time killer, I'm not pleasing loved ones or taking care of my family, I'm not working towards my career. It's a time killer, a waste of time, and the epitome of selfishness. Technically so are times I post on this forum, or play sports for that matter, but those at least can cause 'hardcore' physical improvement or keep oneself in shape, but for the most part, a selfish time killer. And everyone's got vices so we should be allowed to play. But there's no point lying to ourselves about what we're doing and saying we're just enabling a psychological addiction to our time killers because we're 'hardcore'.

Also on top of being too old, anyone that says he's 'hardcore' or any other adjective other than "I've played a lot of this game I like" is just talking themselves up in a dishonest way. I'm not saying we shouldn't like the games, and honestly, the claim video games are a form of art actually makes me doubt my stance more than anything. Shadow of the Colossus was an absolutely beautiful game and experience.

But ultimately, we can't just stay in and play games all the time no matter how much we want to. That's kind of why I like to play fighting games, the skills come from childhood, and they're not a complete life-sucker like world of warcraft. But even with those, you still got to be careful how much you let the game hold you.
How is it a WASTE of time though? Simply because you’re not pleasing loved ones, taking care of your family or working towards your career? Did society brainwash you this much that you think that the things mentioned before are the ONLY things worth desiring in life? People LOVE videogames! Playing N64 for the first time with my brother and sister is probably my dearest childhood memory! **** that wasn’t a waste of time it was ****ing FUN. That is what live is all about IMO, having fun. Not everyone has to get an amazing career, not everyone has to start a family and some people can be a lone wolf if they choose to live that way. As long as you carry your own weight in this world, don’t piss other people off, and enjoy your life, what is there to complain about?

What annoys me about you is that you act like you’ve got it all figured out and judge people who don’t live life to your liking. You should really just stay quiet.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
How is it a WASTE of time though? Simply because you’re not pleasing loved ones, taking care of your family or working towards your career? Did society brainwash you this much that you think that the things mentioned before are the ONLY things worth desiring in life? People LOVE videogames! Playing N64 for the first time with my brother and sister is probably my dearest childhood memory! **** that wasn’t a waste of time it was ****ing FUN. That is what live is all about IMO, having fun. Not everyone has to get an amazing career, not everyone has to start a family and some people can be a lone wolf if they choose to live that way. As long as you carry your own weight in this world, don’t piss other people off, and enjoy your life, what is there to complain about?

What annoys me about you is that you act like you’ve got it all figured out and judge people who don’t live life to your liking. You should really just stay quiet.
Why get pissed? I'm a guy on the internet. I'm not trying to judge you or anyone personally. Honestly my only judgement of you is 'cool Tigger avatar'. But I do believe that calling an activity as sedentary as gaming 'hardcore' in anyway is a misuse of the english language. But you can live life however you like. And also I wasn't criticizing gaming as childhood memories, I even mentioned mine with fondness, but even when you did have that time playing with your brother and sister that you guys stayed up all night playing the one game and it only felt like five minutes passed and that would seem a 'hardcore' gaming session, no one called it that. Cause it was just gaming and fun. And hardcore already implies I'm working harder on fun than I should be in my brain.

And I'm not talking about an amazing career, I'm talking about the ability to make rent and eat requires at least 40 hours of work a week. Some games can be very time consuming. I played over 24 hours of pokemon when that came out this year, and probably knocked another 5-6 on Link Between worlds with street pass battles. And I still want to get 100% on Kid Icarus one day, but I'll probably just hit the together mode and not really work towards that goal cause it's fun shooting people. And I probably should have done other things with that time, and I don't regret it, but I don't delude myself into thinking that it was the wisest move or the best use of time.

I definitely don't have everything all figured out or I probably wouldn't think 'man I should do something productive' when I flip open my 3DS and play a game anyway. And a career, a family, and the ones I love aren't the only things worth doing in life, but I do know I should treat them like they matter more than that time playing games. Cause unfortunately that is how life works.

Also, very cool Tigger avatar, Pooh is the most awesome little rain cloud ever.

But can the ****ing cursing no goddamn person needs to hear your ****ty potty ass mouth just spewing ****ing profanities to display further your ****ing **** need to butcher the english goddamn language. :troll:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
if something brings you joy it's not a waste of time period
Now that's just not true or people would view looking at porn and touching themselves as not wasting time.

I love sleeping in on weekends, it makes me really happy when I do, it is entirely wasting time.

In fact, chances are if something brings you joy, you're probably not doing something you're supposed to be, or you live a life without responsibility. If you have that working, please share that secret, cause it'd be awesome.

Look, there's nothing wrong with wasting time. People are allowed to have, and should have, vices. I love drinking, it's great! It also damages my insides, makes me an even bigger jerk, and completely overtakes a night if I do it right. Vices make us human and complete. But if we deny that they're even vices we're just committing self delusion.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Playing, in any way shape or form, is one of the main things we as humans work to live for. It is not 'selfish' at all. If something brings you joy, then you are a human being.

Anything can be harmful if you do it too much. You don't need to condemn yourself or those around you for doing something they like doing, as long as they aren't hurting anybody.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
so I geuss we should all drop everything we hold dear and be miserable because being happy is a waste of time right?

Kamiko

Smash Ace
If you have that working, please share that secret, cause it'd be awesome.
I can help with this actually. Try not spending your money. Yes, that sounds obvious and unhelpful, but if you take a good look at where all your money is going, you can stop spending it on the things you don't absolutely need, and eventually have enough for the things you want. Nothing is a bigger waste of time than working all day just to lose your paycheck to things you neither want nor need.

Nicolas-1223

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nicolas-1223
3DS FC
3308-5040-6654
So this leak is true after all, since Pac-Man and Mii were confirmed today...That's really amazing how spot-on this was. Makes me wonder if a dev working on Smash Bros. deliberately leaked these guys, and even more impressive that he did it a year before they were even announced.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
So this leak is true after all, since Pac-Man and Mii were confirmed today...That's really amazing how spot-on this was. Makes me wonder if a dev working on Smash Bros. deliberately leaked these guys, and even more impressive that he did it a year before they were even announced.
I guess so. I really didn't see Pac-Man making it in, but here he is.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
I've said it before and I will say it again; I will forever be impressed with Sakurai's ability to take something I wasn't interested in and turn my opinion around 180 degrees. I was never against Mii as a character, but they didn't really interest me either. But the Mii Fighters look so freaking cool that I can't help but embrace them fully.

I am so looking forward to turning myself into a bad-ass gunner.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I still don't see why customization makes something OP. I'm sure there'll be default settings anyway though.
It's a logistics thing. Unless there's default(s) there from the start there is absolutely no way to make it work at an event.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol @ even using the word HARDCORE for anything other than adult media.

@ Freduardo Freduardo saying Smash has less competitive merit than the games you've listed seems to indicate you've never played/watched competitive Smash. You're new here so it doesn't really matter, but you're really limiting yourself if that's the way you view Smash.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
That's the first time I've gotten a logical response to that. Most people just complain about how not knowing everything about your opponent somehow ruins the game.
Not as impossible as he's making it out to be. They've announced way back when they announced that the game was coming for two systems that a 3ds can be used as a controller on the wii u. Use your 3ds. Import your mii and their moveset. Balance wise, it's 4 of 12 balanced b moves and one of three balanced a button movesets. These are not impossible variables to balance around, it's literally balancing three extra characters with interchangable B button moves.

@ Teran Teran , you are absolutely right and competitive smash is just as grueling, and in depth as any of the combo systems found in a mortal kombat or tekken, it's just deceptively so due to the greatness of the fluidity of smash brothers physics. My main point agrees with your much more succinct way of putting it. "LOL at even using the word hardcore for anything other than adult media". Hardcore gaming and hardcore gaming crowds, unless they're somehow using it to earn over 30k a year (not impossible if you win enough tournaments), I just felt was worthy of taking the piss out on.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I know, but everyone was expecting them to use the modern redesign over his old one after Mario Kart Arcade GP DX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom