• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Characters Combo Video (by RickySSB)

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Hello everyone. :bee:
Well, and here my last job. My own "All Characters Combo Vid"
(Like the videos of Alancitu or Prince).
I always wanted to make one, but did not have enough videos.
Some videos are practically new, some old combos and old combos improved (I'm very happy! :))
I hope you enjoy, there is still much more Smash to discover. Keep playing, Smash Bros is still alive.

1° Part Yoshi, Jiggypuff and DK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USKVxEbyctI

2° Part Fox, Luigi and Samus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96SLAk0ixmE

3° Part Pikachu, Ness and Mario.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YVbm0iN6mU&feature=related

4° Part C.Falcon, Kirby and Link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIMy8auScAc

I hope you like that. xD
:):);):):).

http://www.youtube.com/user/RickySSB

The Star King

Smash Hero
Best combo video of all time. Have my babies.

Noooo I was going to do platform drop dairs on Congo with Samus

Peek~

Smash Lord
Just realized I dont like combos with walls/stage hazards that much anymore

Only ones I saw were Falcon and Ness, pretty cool brah

Battlecow

Play to Win
Best combo video of all time. Have my babies.
If anyone's going to impregnate Ricky, it'll be me.

@Malva- he claims that they're non-TAS. I've always wondered how true that is, and a number of people are pretty convinced that they're TAS, but we can't know for sure :/

malva00

Smash Master
@Malva- he claims that they're non-TAS. I've always wondered how true that is, and a number of people are pretty convinced that they're TAS, but we can't know for sure :/
you don't know what i'm asking. you shouldn't answer for other people so quickly

Battlecow

Play to Win
It was pretty clear what you were asking, and I wanted to give you the skinny on it because Ricky himself may have a vested interest in answering falsely (NO OFFENSE RICKY I still love you).

I assume that he'll answer for himself next time he checks the thread.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty sure malva dismissed your answer since the question wasn't directed toward you. aka, you're speculating/no one has any reason not to think ricky is telling the truth.

no disrespect. your opinion is valid.

malva00

Smash Master
i'm pretty sure malva dismissed your answer since the question wasn't directed toward you. aka, you're speculating/no one has any reason not to think ricky is telling the truth.

no disrespect. your opinion is valid.
you are wrong

i am not joking here. who's going to be next? just keep your pants on and let the guy answer the question

maybe i should have just asked him on msn, if i remember his

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Ricky doesnt use TAS. Believe me, he is my friend and he always does crazy stuff in the middle of a fight (Once he did a Platform Upb cancel to Upsmash with pika against me o-o )

malva00

Smash Master
Ricky doesnt use TAS. Believe me, he is my friend and he always does crazy stuff in the middle of a fight (Once he did a Platform Upb cancel to Upsmash with pika against me o-o )
yep looks like i should have done this on msn

Believe me
right like that time you called me a homosexual and said all of south america hated me? ROFL

RickySSB

Smash Ace
do you use save states or TAS to create the combos?
No I don't use savestates or TAS, just Mupen64 and Sony Vegas (big Duo lol)
I can record anytime to play with Mupen like HyperCam, but with better quality.
I don't use TAS anymore but there are always people who think that I use TAS. to them I say "**** you" xD
When you travel to Perú Malva? South America don't Hate you.
LOL Battlecow loves me? xD

(lol Felipe ate a UpB + Upb from Pikachu, I laughed to wet my pants. xD)

malva00

Smash Master
No I don't use savestates or TAS, just Mupen64 and Sony Vegas (big Duo lol)
I can record anytime to play with Mupen like HyperCam, but with better quality.
I don't use TAS anymore but there are always people who think that I use TAS. to them I say "**** you" xD
When you travel to Perú Malva? South America don't Hate you.
LOL Battlecow loves me? xD

(lol Felipe ate a UpB + Upb from Pikachu, I laughed to wet my pants. xD)
i'm not talking about performing, i'm talking about creating

when you first start to make a combo, you think about it and try different things. do you use save states or TAS for this process?

RickySSB

Smash Ace
i'm not talking about performing, i'm talking about creating

when you first start to make a combo, you think about it and try different things. do you use save states or TAS for this process?
I Load from the start of the combo and do it normally. It's like Reset. (is that Saves States? I don't know :urg:)

malva00

Smash Master
I Load from the start of the combo and do it normally. It's like Reset. (is that Saves States? I don't know :urg:)
do you know what the difference is between performing a combo and creating a combo? if you do, please explain it so we know there is no misunderstanding

RickySSB

Smash Ace
do you know what the difference is between performing a combo and creating a combo? if you do, please explain it so we know there is no misunderstanding
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! XD
Sorry man, I try to translate.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
When I create combos simply I occupy the properties of each attack.
I care more about in what direction will fly after each attack.
But before to perform in any emulator, I make it on emulator "my mind" xD
Like someone else.

Is that what you meant? I don't know

malva00

Smash Master
What does it even matter how the combo is created?
here's my random post about combo making

creating a good combo takes a lot of trial and error. whether you start with an idea in mind or not, you start with a few attacks, and you slowly build from there. if a potential combo is complicated, a player usually can't visualize the whole combo and think "aha, that will work, now i'll perform the whole thing!" this means that you have to perform an unfinished combo from the beginning over and over to decide where you wanna go (possibly for many attacks until the very last hit); sometimes you run into a dead end, where the string of attacks you thought would lead you somewhere good leads you with nothing left.

the whole process can take so much time, that you might settle for an inferior combo, simply because you don't want to continue performing what you have so far (especially as the difficulty increases) to experiment with different attacks 10-15 hits into the combo.

this is why if you want to make a great combo while saving countless hours, you're better off using save states on an emulator to create the combo, and then perform the whole thing on console unless you're a fake smasher or you have no access to a 64. assign save/load state to buttons on the controller. now do a few moves, then save state. then load the save state, and you can automatically experiment with different attacks. you might want to keep a backup of earlier save states, in case you run into one of those dead ends, don't like where you're going, or want to practice a certain part of the combo before actually recording it being done all at once.

yeah that's all i wanna say for now. i might edit. you guys see that movie Rango? pretty average I regret watching it

(copied from the social thread)

RickySSB

Smash Ace
here's my random post about combo making

creating a good combo takes a lot of trial and error. whether you start with an idea in mind or not, you start with a few attacks, and you slowly build from there. if a potential combo is complicated, a player usually can't visualize the whole combo and think "aha, that will work, now i'll perform the whole thing!" this means that you have to perform an unfinished combo from the beginning over and over to decide where you wanna go (possibly for many attacks until the very last hit); sometimes you run into a dead end, where the string of attacks you thought would lead you somewhere good leads you with nothing left.

the whole process can take so much time, that you might settle for an inferior combo, simply because you don't want to continue performing what you have so far (especially as the difficulty increases) to experiment with different attacks 10-15 hits into the combo.

this is why if you want to make a great combo while saving countless hours, you're better off using save states on an emulator to create the combo, and then perform the whole thing on console unless you're a fake smasher or you have no access to a 64. assign save/load state to buttons on the controller. now do a few moves, then save state. then load the save state, and you can automatically experiment with different attacks. you might want to keep a backup of earlier save states, in case you run into one of those dead ends, don't like where you're going, or want to practice a certain part of the combo before actually recording it being done all at once.

yeah that's all i wanna say for now. i might edit. you guys see that movie Rango? pretty average I regret watching it

(copied from the social thread)
What's your point? to make a synthesis, I find it difficult to translate lol

Top Bottom