• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All about Heavenly Light

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I'm sorry to open a thread for this one move but I need help.

Are there gamers who could tell some tipps about her neutral B move? I tried to get KO's during the opponents fly away. I also tried to keep the opponent away from the edge and more.

But only the Computer doesn't count to Palutena. Though I want to use it against humanly players.

Unforturnetly I don't know how to use it correct. Thanks for all usefull answers!

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
More experienced Palutena players, please feel free to correct me, but I'm pretty sure Heavenly Light is almost useless. The lack of hitstun on it makes her incredibly vulnerable, and if you want to be safe from counterattack while using it you...really can't so you pretty much shouldn't use it. She's way vulnerable to opponents just running up and bopping her, unless you use it to bait their approach by cancelling it almost immediately.

In general Palutena's neutral Bs are pretty lackluster, but I think it would be better to choose explosive flame or autoreticle, both of which contribute a bit to her neutral game and are overall more practical then Heavenly Light.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's just plain bad. You can't do anything why you have Heavenly Light out so the opponent can just have their way with her. So unless some glitch comes about that allows her to move around and do actions while surrounded by Heavenly Light, the move is just bad and will stay bad.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Okay I was afraid that Heavenly Light is to bad... Thank you again.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
It's a move with a weak windbox, no hitstun (meaning it's punishable on hit), long start up (slow and thus can be stuffed), long end lag (can be punished on whiff easily), and does at most 3~5% per use against a bad opponent.

It has no real use, not in the air, not on the ground.

Doubles maybe but I'm not holding my breath.

Move is bad and will continue to remain that way until we get a patch or someone discovers a glitch with it.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
All her neutral b's are bad. But heavenly light is the worst.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Use it in the middle of an 8-player smash and part the sea of fighters like you're Moses

xnine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xninebreaker
3DS FC
3582-8927-0427
Inb4 hit-stun triple damage heavenly light glitch to push Palutena into hyper broken goddess tier.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
this is probably on useful in 2v2 where you can use it will your partner grabs the opponent and you tack on damage.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
I like Auto-Reticle. It's useful for following up with a dash and will often counter-act any opponent's projectile. Now, if someone could tell me the use of auto-reticle in KI:U, that would be great.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Mh. I hope on Wii U it will be more useful. And I hope for a patch... =/ Thank you for your answers.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
All her neutral b moves suck in this game. Use AR. It sucks, but in comparison to the other moves it's your best bet.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Last hit of EF is unblockable I think? But yeah HL is pretty useless IMO. AR isn't much better, it's more of a keep away projectile.

Apple Jaxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaxvex
3DS FC
3566-1709-4610
Last hit of EF is unblockable I think? But yeah HL is pretty useless IMO. AR isn't much better, it's more of a keep away projectile.
Not even that really. It's more of a harassment tool to force an approach. Also it can beat out most other projectiles too.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
You guys still haven't found some bizarre, game breaking Heavenly Light tech?

I am so disappointed in you right now.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I like Auto-Reticle. It's useful for following up with a dash and will often counter-act any opponent's projectile. Now, if someone could tell me the use of auto-reticle in KI:U, that would be great.
Basically instead of having to aim for yourself, you could begin firing in the direction of a target, and your reticle would automatically hone in on the target making attacking slightly easier for a period of time.

In sm4sh I find that outside of dealing with other projectile spammers, Autoreticle is a great followup for when your Nair hits the enemy out of range of any other attacks. It prevents them from being able to punish you and if theyre still in tumble, it almost always gets in that extra 9%.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
In my opinion Heavenly Light should be buffed for competetive game. I tested it very long and I think its usefull if you use items. Why? Here are some examples.

Starman from Super Mario series: It makes you invulnerable. In that case you can damage your opponents very good. And you haven't to be worried because you could be hit.

Smashball: Its easy to get the smashball with it. But its also usefull to steal points. For example: If Link / Toon-Link use the Triforce against an opponent, you should stay in front of them. After that you use heavenly light. But be carefully if you are to close you could be hit. But its very easy. Next example: You can also steal the points from Daraen / Robin and Quajutsu. Use heavenly light before the final smash ends. Oh and you have to be under Daraen / Robin or Quajutsu to get the points. You can't be hit of them. ^^

Pokemons:

Zoroark: The same like Daraen / Robin and Quajutsus final smash.
Entei: I think it explains itself.

I think Heavenly light should be buffed definitley. I mean... which gamer use heavenly light against Sonic, Captain Falcon and so on? Yes its bad against every character but fast characters can punish Palutena extremly well. Its usefull if you have items in a match but its still useless in a competetive game.

Last edited:

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Oh and you have to be under Daraen / Robin or Quajutsu to get the points.
Who's Daraen and Quajutsu?

EDIT: I get that Quajutsu is German for Greninja, and Daraen is German for Robin.

Last edited:

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Perhaps it would be more useful if it created a pushback so powerful it would be hard for melee fighters to reach Palutena. I'm pretty sure in Uprising, Heavenly Light increases your defense, but I could never figure out how to use it anyway.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I guess Heavenly Light can be used in Free for All's and just use it under platforms for damage on other players.

Kinetik07

Smash Cadet
NNID
kinetik07
3DS FC
2724-0970-1098
new AT:
1.)get mr. saturn
2.)throw up
3.)heaven's light
4.)watch it bop palutena's head
5.)repeat 3-5

no idea why it does that

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
You mean if you throw Mr. Saturn to the ground and use heavenly light you get hit. I really don't know why... but you can find the same effect with Unira. Throw it to the ground, than use heavenly light against Unira. And it hits you.

But if you throw Unira two times you don't get hit after Heavenly Light.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
If only Heavenly Light heals you in this game, then the move would've been somewhat useful.

Auto Reticle, anyways, is her best move for her neutral b.
Explosive Flame should' have worked like Zelda's Dins Fire, where you hold the b button to make it go further, imo

PremoValentine

Smash Rookie
If you are playing a game that consists of more than 2 fighters that has platforms, heavenly light is really good for racking up damage on occupied players who are above you. That's about the only use.

Top Bottom