• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALASKA Smash Thread

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
XP

I really need to know when to let something go....

but, uh HA

****ing ADHD is GONE! wtf hee hee hee muck Diddy and he lost to TYRANT what on earth? guess it's

a player speific thing.

But wow. A PIKACHU in the last four? That's **** impressive.

I'll take a wild guess and say I think Ally will win. Mee hee hee.

Blech.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
lol, kinda sucks for him, cuz he doesnt take the bait for my trolling he gets trolled, he takes the bait for my trolling he gets trolled. lol

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
well, ima have a barbeque/giant smashfest in May, how does saturday the 7th work for everyone?

also old videos are old, but i like the falcon one.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Well, actually I didn't even watch that video so I'm not sure what was on it, I just saw that it looked extremely relavant the the situation at hand when I saw Boxxy, Trolling, and Ratatat on the same video.

But yeah, that's why trolls are idiots, there is no way to actually fail at trolling unless no one acknowledges your post in any way whatsoever.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
watch him post about how cool he is for his infractions. or maybe do something to insult someone. or do anything except shut the **** up.

edit: also, good job on covering the brawl finals, mlg... where would we be without you?

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
hmm, looks like matt and james are the only ones who didnt find it funny. in turn i find that funny cuz they were the only ones i was insulting in the flowcharts. yall mad bros?

lol

Xanskar

Smash Lord
I find it funny that you think that people not saying anything about it means they think it's funny.

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
watch him post about how cool he is for his infractions. or maybe do something to insult someone. or do anything except shut the **** up.
Quoted for truth....

You know, so noone else has to.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
i dont care either way, yall need to shut up about stupid **** and talk about smash
this aint no facebook or msn

this is SMASHBOARDS, where we talk about SMASH. possibly meeting up to play it

with that said, i noticed no one took me up on my doubles money match idea. what yall think of it?

edit i guess i never posted about it. well what do yall think about it. since im tired of no one mming me in singles (god im starting to feel like derek)

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
yes, cuz smashing is all we do with out lives, smashing and nothing more...

in anycase, now that wii nights are over, due to the lack of interest. im switching gears over to Saturday and Friday nights when i can get projectors. Matt+ is banned from any of these meetings that i hold at UAA.

I like hosting things at public places cuz 1. fits a lot of people

2. we get a projector

3. i can tell people to leave or ban them... this rly only applies to matt+...

4. We gain publicity

5. Free tournament venue, although this point is near useless, cuz last time i announced a tournament, people couldnt even get 15 to come. and yall are complaining about venue fees and such... w/e

Check it, i can get the venue, i can get the TVs, projectors and systems, i can host the tournament, but if you people want it to happen, you have to get the people there. 25 people for brawl, 15 for melee. anything less, ima close shop and kick everyone out.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
I'm sure everyone is thrilled to have another chance to go to something hosted by you Mike.
i think someones mad cuz they arent invited and/or banned from my meets. u mad bro? try hosting something at ur house then

also, I'll money match anyone at barbie horse adventures, step it up

I think people are just starting to get bored, its been awhile since theres been a tournament, there hasnt been a large gathering in awhile... i think when summer rolls around, things are gonna pick up. talon's getting back in, i mean, hopefully, that will bring fresh blood... but otherwise, we just gotta ride it out and do the best we can. Every peak has a trough, we're in a trough...

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I think we should have an assistant/backup TO if you decide to do this. Because last time you just packed up and decided there was no tournament, which is pretty unfortunate for the people who cancel other plans to come out for a tournament that you end up deciding you don't want to have. Not saying this will happen, but it DID happen last time and it would be good if someone else brings a computer to ensure it can go on if you decide to cancel it day-of.

Also, getting a minimum of 15 for Melee is a bit unrealistic. Not to say we can't hope, but that's about what we had at SENSHI-CON and that's because a bunch of scrubs/lil kids entered just because it was at an anime con and they "used to play it back in the day". It would be difficult to get these people to come out and pay money JUST for a melee tournament. If you're worried about covering the venue fee and that's why you need the minimum, have another game like Street Fighter or Halo that has more competitors.

25 for Brawl is about what we get at Play N Trade, so I can't comment too much on that, but keep in mind that at Play N Trade they have posters around the store for weeks and promote it all over Facebook and such. You're honestly planning to cancel it and leave a crowd of angry people if 15 people show up for Brawl?

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
i elect you as assitant/backup TO

those in favour?

edit, ****, im sure everyones in favour, but ya, lets do this

also, i didnt cancel it because i wanted to, i cancelled it because i told people to stay away from my computer and taht didnt happen.

im not worried about venue fees, i got people for that. and as for the numbers, im sticking to them, giving 2 weeks advance announcement should be more than enough time to aquire 25 people. im doing this mainly for the smash community not for SF or halo or w/e, and said tournaments will kinda be underground. as far as the people know, this will be a "public meetup"

There are things that are unrealistic, and what i ask for is not one of them. I have standards and a lot of times, i stick to them.

Something huge for everyone can be done, but im rly too lazy for that right now, so that wont happen until midsummerish

if you have any other issues, then call me or something, otherwise post a reply, cuz posting then leaving only leaves issues in more disorder than when u brought them up...

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying you CAN'T get those numbers but that it's unlikely. You and Frost have been publicizing the Wii nights for a while now, and the turnout is still dismal. Sure you can post up flyers and advertise on Facebook but the issue is are there even that many people in Anchorage right now willing to ENTER and pay for a smash tournament if they're not in the community, outside of a convention or other event where they'd already be there?

I'm not advising you against holding the tournament whatsoever; I'm just advising you to rethink the fact that you want to CANCEL the tournament if 15 people don't show up for Melee (unlikely) and 25 for Brawl (meh, I still see 10-15 counting in some scrubs and friends who might show up.) I could understand more if it was an issue of not being able to cover venue rental without those numbers, but you said just now that it's not a problem.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
wii nights are for casual gamers, hardcore gamers are more likely to show up IF theres money involved. like i said, we have the downside of doing this thru word of mouth because technically we're not even suppose to be throwing money tournaments at UAA. more often than not, ill be doing brawl with melee on the side, seeing as how its the more popular game. i dont play in the zones of unlikely, either 25 happens or it doesnt, just give us more motivation to get those people.

if playntrade and senshicon can get that and more, theres no reason why my tournaments cant either. i have standards, i have rules, and when i honor them, i expect everyone else to do the same, ESPECIALLY when money's involved. i dont do small low quality bull****, go big or go home.

@ur people not willing to enter thing, people dont want to enter a tournament wherre they know they're gonna lose, i suppose me and adrian can always go back to entering tournaments that you guys dont know about...

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
even tho adrian's said he wouldn't team with you anymore 'cause he's not sure you're strong enough to always get passed the scrubs.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
even tho adrian's said he wouldn't team with you anymore 'cause he's not sure you're strong enough to always get passed the scrubs.
i dont know how thats relevant to the whole tournament issues >.>, see, nothing productive ever comes out of this guy.

Kira, you worry too much, hakuna matata, life will find a way, **** works out, and more cliche calming comments. it'll be fine, trust me

Z-row

Smash Journeyman
I would post some long, critical post that, logically would bring you to your knees, but arguing with Mike is relatively useless as his convoluted, rambling logic is so ****ing ignorant that I doubt he'd ever understand what he's saying, let alone what I'm saying. Mike's NEVER (and I do mean never) hosted anything worth while except maybe a smashfest, he's the weakest player in the entire community even though he's been with it for much longer than the rest of us, he brings anger and disarray, and generally has never been a help to anything at all, oh, there's also wii game nights where he throws fits and whines and cries like a little ***** when he doesn't get his way.

Not only is he incapable of contributing anything, he's actually detrimental. The fat disgusting douchebag has driven three players away (and partially Ean) in me, Jason and Matt (all of which who I have spoken to only today and confirmed, so if he tells you otherwise, I'd check that out). He hits on Kira indiscriminately, pathetically to the point of stalking and blackmailing to the point where she's basicallly afraid to stand up to him for fear of him coming after her. This is, without a doubt the most disgusting part. No other player (without the help of mike) has actually been purposely excluded from a smashfest or gathering because the majority of players can't take him in more than tiny doses. He's basically the most pathetic thing on this planet. (There's a mod thread on AKG dedicated to hating him? Clue? Even if it's not true, rumors of such are proof enough.) He lies about basically everything, so I pretty much assume whatever he says is bull**** until there's concrete evidence.

To the community.... this thing is a joke. When I signed up, we were supposedly a competitive community, but, with the exception of me and Jason, who compose high tier (and Ean when he plays) and Matt, Caleb and Arthur, who compose top, every player is awful. Of the top players, two aren't actually in the community, one hates the game, and one doesn't own the game, good job, smashers.... Noone bothers to improve or anything.

All in all, I'm done with this dead-end community. I'll continue being one of 3 worthwhile brawl players and focus on that and street fighter. I suggest unless you want the community to effectively die right here in the next few months, I suggest you cut this cancer off. Other than that, I love all of you dudes a whole hell of alot, but get your **** in gear and improve. Somehow we've moved from a competitive community to one that doesn't ****ing care at all. Don't be soft.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
i can too make a post about james, but instead ill leave this here...

sorry about the page stretch

also, community's not gonna die. thats an exageration. back onto the main subject, Since playntrade's put a halt to any smash activity, if there were to be a melee one, how would that go for everyone?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
im not going to reply to anything thats just been said, simply because i dont care. but, as opposed to most players here, i can say i have been actively playing pre brawl (i might of started in 06?) and i kinda expected this to come sooner. i thought brawl would just instantly kill melee, and smash as a whole. so, im kind of cool with this happening, and have been for awhile. tournaments would be cool and everything, but at least up here, things will never be the same as it once was (pretty much when derek was involved) with that said, im still cool with getting together to play the game and everything. yea i kind of feel for james, he didnt really get the same chance that me/ricky/arthur got of going over to dereks (and ricky's) and having a thriving community. based on everything i know about him (mainly his attitude towards the game), he was probably the last productive thing to the community. i feel he was robbed of his chance to experience what i had.

edit: eans right

i feel like i should mention here that before james, it was mike who did kind of mobilize people to play again after brawl after a long time inactivity. i mean that summer, he did start things up again. i was somewhat involved too, but yea that was kind of his thing

Top Bottom