• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

airdodge teching

HulkingRage

Smash Apprentice
i dont know if this has already been discovered, i searched but not very well
this seems to work better for falcon then any other character ive tried, so im posting it here
when you get knocked at low percent , the stun usually only lasts long enough so that right before you hit the ground it wears off, and you can preform a move
do an airdodge right then and you land right on your feet, no lag, and you keep your momentum
i picked it up without even realizing i was doing it, its really useful

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
At first I thought you were just talking about "teching" a hit, and I was going to be like "fail, that's the oldest trick in the book." But then I realized that you seem to be talking about doing it AFTER hitstun wears off, which you say sort of has a waveland-type outcome. If my conclusion is correct, then what's the point of it?

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
The way I'm interpreting it is this: you've just been hit and have past the "hitstun" phase. You're allowed to do specials, attacks, etc. You airdodge to keep yourself from getting the "thud" which is accompanied by a chance that you'll be "comboed." Instead of getting the lag from, say, using an aerial or something of the sort.

In my head, this is just canceling that "thud" landing animation thing. Airdodge is accompanied with little to no landing lag, so that's the effect that this yields. There are a variety of other ways to cancel it, this just gets you on your feet relatively fast. I really don't see any usefulness if this is the case. This is just instinct.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Am I having a blonde moment or can you only tech something if you're still in hitstun? So therefore you couldn't tech in the first place in the situation. If you timed the tech correctly, you'd still do what you said. So pretty much always tech?

HulkingRage

Smash Apprentice
everyone techs, but if you airdodge, you dont need to get back on your feet because once you hit the ground your already on your feet. I could try and upload a video, but it might take a while
i know it's not the most useful thing in the game, but i've been using it a lot and i like it, so i thought i'd tell people

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
You can tech when you're still in a tumble (obviously you have to hit the ground after a tumble phsae, but you know what I mean). Tumble phase is not the same as hit stun phase. This would deal with canceling the tumble phase with an airdodge instead of an attack or a tech. It's instinct.

If you're hit a certain way you don't even tumble, making this whole deal useless, because you'll just land normally anyway.

Let the thread die. It's useless.

Revolutionary1804

Smash Apprentice
yo what he is saying is. You get hit and then ur character starts falling. When u hit the ground u click L or w.e and ur characther picks himself up and flips around and ur back on your feet. u teched the ground and u can be tech chased. he says that before u even hit the ground, u can airdodge land therefore being able to attack immediatly which sounds pretty useful to me.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman

Rev, this is airdodging before you hit the ground during a tumble. It's what you, me, and every other person has been doing 5 minutes after we realized airdodging is broken in brawl.

Top Bottom