• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air grabs? good or bad

Eaode

Smash Champion
Is there really a percentage where you can SDI out of the Drillshine infinite without already having been upsmashed?

And yeah, Ice Climbers....

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Grabs serve primarily as a counter to blocking, which cannot be done in the air. Thus an air grab would be kind of out of place in the grand scheme of things.

However, I'm all for certain characters being able to air grab like in Melee. But giving them all that ability would be a bit redundant in my opinion, and the first step backward toward a homogenized character selection.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I think grabbing in the air would just implement some sort of glitch or something. Figuring that you could chain grab in melee, lets say it returns to brawl, would it start some endless combo reference. It wouldn't bother me if it showed up, just if it gives characters broken abilities.

The_Brawl_Ninja

Smash Rookie
I think this would be a terrible idea, and it would subtract from bowsers uniqueness.

I think diagonal throws might work though, not sure..

ah the throw system in melee is great, change the throws but not the way they work in my opinion :)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Give it only to spacific characters, like Mewtwo would be cool with it, that way if anyone tries to hit him in the air, he'll just knock them back with his psychic powers :D

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be good if deserving characters had it..

Samus, Link and Bowser. Possibly wario etc. Otherwise it would be implimented into the game too much i think.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Chances are this isn't going to implemented, but if it's situational, it would be an all right addition.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
My only fear would be infinite combos and grab range for link and Samus.
If they do add this there should be a ton of lag after using an air grab.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Guys wow there now

If there were airgrabs....how terribly terribly stupid would Bowser look.

With his "unique Airgrab FowardB" Koopa Claw. He'd look ridiculous. Doing a slow *** grab on the ground or in the air instead a normal grab or airgrab....

The only point of grabbing is to counter someone who is shielding, so they aren't invulnerable. There are no shields in the air so air grabbing is pretty unnecessary. And grabbing while they're dodged is kinda like allowing someone to grab someone else while they're spot-dodging.

Sorry, but thumbs down on the idea.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Are you pro air throwing people even thinking about what this could do to chain grabbing?

Lets think about our good buddy Shiek. Shiek can chaingrab almost anyone like no tomorrow. It will only end when one of two things happens. One, Shiek decides to kill the person, or two, the player gets tossed high enough that they can attack or double jump. If there was a air grabbing system implicated, option two kind of disappears. Once Shiek's opponent gets to a percentage that they can escape, she just jumps to grab them and they proceed to throw their controller at the wall and leave the room.

Air grabs make chain grabs un-esacapable!

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
Lol, point taken. They could always fix that with some lag after the throw?

I seriously think they won't implement this in Brawl. Think of it, how is it possible to do anything after you grab them in the air. Physics doesn't allow it. Broken.

Top Bottom