• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air footies?

alexthepony

Smash Apprentice
Sometime I see people randomly jump for no reason. just do empty sh hops when pressuring. I don't really understand this or air Air footies in general. can someone please try to teach me this fundamental.

Jumpo

Smash Cadet
One of the big reasons to empty hop is to confuse the opponent so they aren't sure what your next move will be, maybe you will come down with an aerial, maybe you will land and grab them

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I mix empty hopping with Dash Dancing as a mindgame. This way, it makes your movement erratic and unpredictable, which confuses your opponent and can make them do something dumb when attemption to approach you.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
It serves a few purposes, including making your aerials accessible at any moment, spacing, mindgames, and mixing your opponent up. Smash Bros is basically entirely about positioning, even more so than other fighting games, and jumping is just another tool.

Top Bottom