• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ai No Uta

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Ai No Uta was the theme for the original Pikmin, performed by Strawberry Flower. I could not find the full original version, but below I have a Pikmin advert that has a small portion of the original music playing in it (worth watching) and below THAT I have posted the full version... but its just a very basic-sounding instrumental...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAwYtPGMpzU
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gamecube/PIKMIN1.MID

Do you think this song should be in Brawl? Its quite important, and the full original version sounds really good (much better than the small part in the ad, I promise...). If they do an Ice Climber on it and add in guitars with a more upbeat tempo (and retaining the japanese singer and lyrics), this could e the best song in Brawl!!!!!!!

EDIT: Apparantly, the japanese dojo has already confirmed this XD

So now, the question is... how do you want it to sound? Like the original version? The instrumental version? Or a Brawlified jazzed-up version with guitars and stuff?

-----

Oh, and just for fun... the American Pikmin 2 advert... as you can see its very different from the Japanese one... AND REALLY FUNNY!!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2m3NgZk7eE&feature=related

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
It already says on the japanese dojo that it'll be in
EDIT,
heres a rough google translation
Lo and behold, that predominate in the UTA love, the kind of UTA, the decision to insert! Of course, with Strawberry Flower Song.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
It's in there, I just didn't edit my post fast enough for you to see it when you were replying. I don't think they should make it too upbeat, that's not the Pikmin style. Just an orchestral take on it would be good, they totally hit the nail on the head with the world maps remix

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
It's in there, I just didn't edit my post fast enough for you to see it when you were replying. I don't think they should make it upbeat, that's not the Pikmin style. Just an orchestral take on it would be good, they totally hit the nail on the head with the world maps remix
First of thanks for the translation, it appreciated ;)

Secondly, I think you're right, but look what they did with the IC's song! Maybe the Pikmin tracklist should have some variety?

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Does it? I cant read japanese! Do you have proof, please? Not that I dont believe you, but I just want to know.

If it is true, then I think I should turn this into a "how do you want it to sound" topic! XD

Original, instrumental, or jazzed up with guitars 'n stuff?
Acoustic guitar would kick some major ***... (I just don't know if Japanese like good old fashioned guitar)

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
After hearing it I still stand that an Acoustic Guitar version would be the absolute best.
Yes i'd have to agree. Up until today i've only heard it once on some random AMV of the Animal Crossing movie on YouTube. I'd like for them to do little change to it, but I'd rather them leave the lyrics out, because I'm sure it won't translate well...

Top Bottom