• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AI Issue: CPU's only try when they want to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
That's happens to me really on with Lucas, but for the most part the AI we@ill kinda be....Derpy. If you stand still they'll do nothing to, but sometimes the do go try hard, but that'll lead to their death. The AI is good and bad in Project M at the same time really.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
The cpu will either play like a pro, or act like a complete idiot.
This is the legendary AI that only appears in project M.....

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
That same CPU that 0 to deaths you aill then immediatly air dodge off the stage after you press the A button.

The AI gods giveth and taketh.

yoyowoodchuckguy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1538-9247
I pretty much only play CPUs (:() because there's no one around me. If it starts playing like a genius, I just start doing random (sort of) dash-dances and attacks. It gets confused, and then I just go and crush it.

Spooky Skook

Smash Cadet
There is a golden rule that has been passed down from generation to generation that should never be forgotten no matter what.
THE
COMPUTER
CHEATS

We have tiny fleshy fingers and they have imaginary bionic man fingers.

Jmook11

Smash Apprentice
There is a golden rule that has been passed down from generation to generation that should never be forgotten no matter what.
THE
COMPUTER
CHEATS

We have tiny fleshy fingers and they have imaginary bionic man fingers.
lol who said the cpu was a man? (Milktea spits out her tea)

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
It sounds like I suck, but they do this with Sheiks tilts/jab which are really fast moves. Unless you're lucky, no one can react in 1 to 2 frames....
The only way the computer cheats is by sometimes using forbidden DI. (DI'ing down and tech'ing strong hits.) Everything the Sheik CPU does, humans can do, and better.

Forget M2K, just look at a video of Okami or Redd.

And beat the CPU. If you can't fight the level 9's, you can't fight good people.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
And beat the CPU. If you can't fight the level 9's, you can't fight good people.
This though. It goes from Player matchs> Online/netplay> Cpu's. If u have trouble beating a somewhat flawed cpu, then actual player match's are gonna be hell.

Jmook11

Smash Apprentice
The only way the computer cheats is by sometimes using forbidden DI. (DI'ing down and tech'ing strong hits.) Everything the Sheik CPU does, humans can do, and better.

Forget M2K, just look at a video of Okami or Redd.

I was talking about playing AS Sheik, and how her fast moves tend to be countered extremely fast at times...

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
The Pecking Order.

You
Project M's AI
Everyone Else not good at the game (I might be here :p )
Those Guys
The PMBR (Minus i )
The Good Players
M2K

Any Questions?

But seriously these Cpu's suck, i would know I made them. But i'm always trying to make them better, Not going to stop trying until i make a cpu that can make it out of Pools in a real tournament.

Jmook11

Smash Apprentice
I get beat because I don't try. Instead I try out combos and tactics and once in a while the computer does something I don't expect. Maybe beat is a strong word but in other words the CPU's occasionally reacts really fast. I appreciate your contribution to PM, improving the AI is very helpful to gameplay. I'm saying i get surprised when the computer does techniques and split second decisions...

roman5hero

Smash Apprentice
idk if known but a friend showd me that many charecters ruin the AI by just mashing neutral B, the AI will just dash dance through you back and forth.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
beat the CPU. If you can't fight the level 9's, you can't fight good people.
^^ While fighting a human isn't anything like fighting the CPU in most cases, this is actually true. The CPU's are mostly dumb techskill machines with extremely punishable habits. The truth is, if you're not able to punish the habits of a player who can't learn or adapt, how will you ever beat one who does? The CPUs may seem "too perfect" at some things, but there are people out there who will do some of that stuff to you, I assure you. The difference is that computers don't stop doing it, once you've figured out how to beat it.

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I like the cpu, I usually try to practice at a stock deficit against them. I'm at the point where if I start with 3 stock I can win a match with them starting at 6 stock. I notice that with certain characters the cpu is much more aggro. Like with mario the cpu is way more aggro than it is with say peach or ganondorf. Honestly I think the cpu mario is the most aggro character i've ever seen. I love it though, it helps me to see areas that i fall short. I hope the cpu keeps getting harder and harder to beat with each update. Thank you Clubber! You rock!

Berrial

Smash Cadet
The AI is weird in PM, you can use combos and all that and get bad results, yet spamming F-smash and playing casually allows you to completely crush the CPU.
So i'd say CPU's are not meant as a test of skill against a real human, but a tool to practice on because it can DI and all that..... If you really want to win though you can just spam an attack...

Koga_

Smash Cadet
Thought I was the only one that noticed Mario was the best
I like the cpu, I usually try to practice at a stock deficit against them. I'm at the point where if I start with 3 stock I can win a match with them starting at 6 stock. I notice that with certain characters the cpu is much more aggro. Like with mario the cpu is way more aggro than it is with say peach or ganondorf. Honestly I think the cpu mario is the most aggro character i've ever seen. I love it though, it helps me to see areas that i fall short. I hope the cpu keeps getting harder and harder to beat with each update. Thank you Clubber! You rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom