• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AI bump in recent updates?

pmort

Smash Cadet
So I took a hiatus after knocking the Challenge board out completely, then started coming back intermittently, and then after the Ryu/Lucas/Roy DLC started to jump back in a lot more. But one thing i've noticed is that I'm having a hell of a time against the AI if I'm in Smash mode against level 8's or 9's…to be clear, more so than I used to.

I used to be able to take on 9's without much issue. Sure they did their input reading thing, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. I mean, I'm just getting destroyed. It feels like the regular AI is adopting more Amiibo style learning-patterns or something. Now, there are characters I straight up cannot beat. Robin is one of them. Just annihilates me every time. And also, this isn't really a rust issue…I know I took a bit of a break, but I still feel I'm playing at about the same level if not better than I did before.

Anyway, this also seems true on the 3DS version. I just took on Rosalina & Luma there and feel like I just gave myself carpal tunnel dealing with all of her air dodges, blocks, and rolls. Like taking swings at Pai Mei.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Each update the a.i get harder and harder. They act more human now. They ledgetrump you. Another annoying thing is that they get 95% of their counters, the only time they don't get the counter is when you grab them or miss an attack. They grab out of shield perfectly. The hardest one is probably lucina since that b!*ch always using counter.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
In some aspects they act more human, but where they still act robotically is their frame 1 reaction times. It's really annoying to throw out something unordinary that a human would never expect, but the CPU can easily counter it. They're also way too linear with recovery, and some of them (Falco, Pit, the Mario Bros.) just sit there firing their projectile repeatedly, even at higher levels.

Top Bottom