• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against Peach.

DiSCO

Smash Rookie
I don't know what it is, but I get utterly annihilated against Peach players. Even average players. I have no idea what to do.

The person in question that's multiplying my Peach woes 10 fold is a friend of mine that plays every once in a while. He can't wavedash, l cancel, nothing. He just plays. Usually there's a bunch of us and we just FFA, but we had nothing to do today so him and I did some solo stuff.

I just picked up Sheik about a week ago and I plan to keep her as my main, this is after going through numerous characters and just not being satisfied. So I would three-four stock him almost every single time, but then he started playing Peach, and there was just nothing I could do.
I don't know an efficient way to kill, how to counter any of his whiffs or blunders. Even without the use of l canceling he would flow from an aerial to a smash without a seconds delay, obliterating me. Every. Time.
He seriously used maybe three moves. The dash attack (which I would cc only to get downsmashed, or wavedash back and try to punish the dsmash but fail miserably because he just spams it), the up smash (whenever I was platforming, even if I was nowhere near him), and downsmash.

Now, I realize that technical skill is half the battle, and the other half is mind games, but I know the way he plays, I just don't know how to counter.

I need some tips or something. Please.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
i can suggest grabbing if you can. if you have wavedashing down thats good, and you've used that to avoid getting hit with the dash attack. a lot of beginner peaches will spam the downsmash but it is possible to grab between spammed downsmashes. you'll just need some practice to sense the timing of it all. after you get the grab off, you can use f-tilt or f-air, whichever is convenient.

don't cc anything! oh! and needle grabbing works nicely too. If she catches on to using turnips catching those and powershielding them is a fun way to mess with a peach player. also, don't get above a peach, thats bad, as you've noticed on platforms. stay ground level or at shffl level, unless your completing a combo, of course.

for the issues you've listed, thats the best advice i've got. hope it helps! there is also the sticky'd sheik guide which gives a detailed blow-by-blow for each match up sheik can come against. just go find sheik vs peach and read up!

~Kenpachi

DiSCO

Smash Rookie
I'd already checked the guide out, and I was making full use of grabs. I'd chain grab as much as I could and when I felt like it was about to break I'd pull a tilt combo, I could easily get him to around 70% before I started encountering problems.
I could've just been psyching myself out, I don't know. I never really get practice against any good Peach players. I get myself in horizontal kill mode with fair, and that doesn't really work on Peach... And then on levels with high ceilings, chaining uairs takes a bit of time.

All the people I've seen and the guides I've read say Sheik has an advantage over Peach... I just don't see it.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
killing peach does take time and patience, sometimes it takes more f-airs or u-airs than you'd like but if you just keep at it well enough, she won't come back. also, if you f-air her nicely, you'll send her at a down-ish angle too. if she ends up recovering at edge level because of that, edge stealing screws her over so badly. just press L or R right before her unbrella hits you and shes screwed. just don't get inpatient about the kill and you should be fine. with better peaches though you have to watch out for unbrella tricks, turnips, and that nasty neutral air.

Just move faster than she can react and then she'll be the one panicking. seeing the openings just comes with practice. shino stalling, and sweet spotting the edge (or ledge teching if necissary) will keep her from d-smash ledge guarding.

best of luck!

~Kenpachi

Randizzle

Smash Ace
To my experience, patience is really important in this. Shiek is especially good at punishing and drawing attacks. She's fast, has good combo setups, and has a really good projectile. A lot of beginner peaches like to spam d-smash and turnips a lot. Keep enough pressure on the peach with needles and some movement mindgames to make it difficult for her to use turnips effectively. Occasionally catching and powershielding them helps to further discourage turnips (although I'm not completely certain on how I feel about catching them). Punish missed down-smashes and be careful not to CC the downsmash. Grabs (dthrow) and tilts set up very nicely into tilts and aerials.

If the peach your playing against likes to d-smash edge guard a lot, it might be nice to learn to edgetech. I know it really bothers one of the peaches that I play with regularly :)

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
These points already mentioned are good. Patience is a virtue in this matchup. If you rush into the fray (like most Sheik's are mentally programmed to do) you will be punished. Another thing is that if the Peach is floating back, if you can, aerial Needle the float, which really messes up Peach's recovery.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
maybe you get utterly destroyed because you don't use advance techniques, i don't know you're playing style, but shieks should have the upper hand. do alot of ftilts, ftilts are made of gold. they're the key to winning matches, then you slap them. if peach is in the air her priority sucks so just ftil--> uair/fair/nair anything that you need to keep them up in the air

TrageÐy ®

Smash Cadet
Patience and rapid sharp reflexes. Smack her with the needles ALWAYS. The only player I've ever played who used Peach lost to me miserably, in the sense that she spams B <.
Just use Whips and Needle grabs, I guess. <_<

Top Bottom