• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against Ness

Tien2500

Smash Lord
So I played a guy on Wi-fi who used Ness the whole time. I played him with Zamus and had quite a bit of trouble. Surprisingly when I switched to random I started smacking him around with characters that I don't main. PT, Snake, and Wolf. So is this a tough match for Zamus or was I just sucking?

By the way the main prolem I had was dealing with his fair.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Ness, like Lucas, can be a ridiculous pain to approach for Zamus. Ness even more so, because he can take such incredible advantage of her blind spots with his aerial game, as well as his specials.

If he's approaching with SH fairs, try to see if Paralyzer does anything. Either that, or try retreating Plasma Whips. You could also shield the hit to see if he misspaces, then punish with an up tilt. These are some ideas. I don't play any Nesses, so I can only give so much in the way of advice.

JoeTang

Smash Cadet
Don't challenge his Aerial game. He'll out-prioritize your Aerials with FAir. Space Forward or Neutral Bs to take him in midair if you must. Watch out for his PK Fire. If you're grabbed at over 100%, he'll most likely kill you with a Back Throw. As Zero Suit Samus, you should be able to out space all his attacks except for PK Fire. You'll have the range and the speed advantage, though anything that isn't a disjointed hitbox will likely fail on priority. Up Smash should take care of his Air approach if you Dash it properly. You should be able to juggle him like that well enough since he falls slowly, and his Down Air won't have such good priority. Try to Down B over his PK Fire and Kick him. His recovery is pretty easy to predict so Forward/Back Air him before he contacts his PKT2 or space a Forward B on his PKT2 if he misses the sweetspot. Ness's Forward Smash has a lot of ending lag. His Ups and Downs have limited and predictable range so you should be able to take him if he misses those. His jab can be a pain. Yours should beat it though.

Top Bottom