• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against marth... HELP

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
my good friend nathan who mains marth beats me in 4 stock every time 4-3, no more no less.

I get juggled by his Fair and Uair and Utilt all day long
does anyone have some tips to counter or evade this

I can stand my own, as can most probably, on the ground.
but against marth im jewed in the air.

I need just little more edge... AHHHHH i hate marth such easy ownagER, BS range LOL
HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!,
chaz

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
Well luigi is an air character... and marth has the air priority against him... i sense a problem.
maybe try wavelanding, or try to stay on the ground and shieldgrab.
i play luigi(not main) and i have two friend marths so i will check some strategies for you.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
I get juggled by his Fair and Uair and Utilt all day long
does anyone have some tips to counter or evade this

If he fairs you just DI away, if he uairs DI to the side and try to either airdodge down or to the side when he is about to hit you or try tornado it works well sometimes, and utilt :( just dont get hit by it haha, just try to avoid it but if he hits u then do the same think as uair, either air dodge or tornado

I can stand my own, as can most probably, on the ground.
but against marth im jewed in the air.

do some mindgames, such as run away from him and wavedash backwards into a ftilt, ftilt is very good against marth, just make sure you have a good spacing, and know where he is gonna tech so you can tech chase him XD

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I have a lot of trouble with Marth myself. Luigi's ground game is the best way to rack up some damage. Down throws can usually combo into air attacks for kills. Definately use wavedash forward tilt. It the marth is aggressive, wave dash... a lot. Try and catch him missing fsmashes and grab. If the marth frequently gets the sweet spot up+b off the stage. Hop off and ff downair. Many marth's do not see it coming. If they do the up B will sen you up back on the stage. Don't let him grab/sh ftilt you. After every significant attack if you are close to him jab.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
wel, i fot problems with marths 2, dam, i dont know how to help u but ill try to help u fighting with my friend's marth, i think u can beat marth depend of his style.. Like he said, if he is aggresive, WD a lot.. when hi does shortjump A, try to use shield, and grab him, throw him down and combo.. Ill try today and ill tell u..

El HP

Smash Ace
Dont jump use waveshield to get near f-tilt is useful against marth, use DI to escape combos if you grab him down throw you can sometimes follow with an aerial attack, dont choose platform stages makes very hard to aproach hope it serves.:)

Top Bottom