• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

against Link/Jailbait-Link

tatsuha

Smash Cadet
i couldn't find anything on this despite my puny searching, so i'm sorry if this has already been covered.

a few of my friends play as the Links (not nearly pro, but definitely not noobs), and I've taken up M2 just a few months ago. I don't have too much trouble against the other characters they play as (maybe Marth >_>), but Links always seem to **** me. from far away, M2 seems to slow to avoid the spam of projectiles or reflect them back/null them. when i get closer, a simple up+B or sword spam can usually negate any of my attempts at attacking. sometimes the Link just avoids me when i get close and continues spamming projectiles, which i assume wouldn't be as much of a problem if i could maneuver M2 faster toward Link. But it just seems like there isn't a good way to get hits in against them. CCing helps somewhat, but it still racks up damage and eventually will lead to my getting a fatal up+B to the face. Are there any strategies to playing a M2 countered with Link other than play-dead?

Thanks for any help on this and for all the help i've already gotten on the M2 forums! very happy to have a fun-as-heck low tier alt ^_^

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure you need to learn how to teleport to avoid the projectiles, and grab more close. V.V Sorry if this doesn't help, but forward teleport (air land) can save you from projectiles, and possibly allow you to start your offensive in the lag of their projectile. Wavedash to avoid his sword?...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
He did Meta. Jailbait YL the milk drinking marauder.
Why the **** do I run into you every other thread... it's some kind of /b/ magnet lol. you're cool though so it's awwwright

:omg Link trouble... bleh. if he is setting up to spam his projectiles and doesn't think about it teleport in (make sure you're hardly above the ground for less lag when you land) and hopefully sneak a grab. If he does his spin attack and you shield it, TAKE THE FREE OPPORTUNITY after you shield, wavedash in and downsmash or grab or disable grab whatever is best for you and works on the situation. This goes with YL too but Link has more lag to deal with. Try to grab him whenever you can, of course, you are Mewtwo. When edgeguarding try to hit them when they go for a air dodge hook shot, if they try to spin attack up... well if you have enough time and wanna be sexy jump out and throw a shadowball at the edge (bamf) but normally I just go for an edgehog. If they go to hookshot I will attempt to bair them but it's not always so easy.

GRAB. THEIR. BOMBS. Every Link I play hates it when I do that. Plus you can air dodge holding the bomb and it looks the awesome. Keep throwing shadowballs too. They more than likely won't let you charge (spammers, sigh)

Keep your wits out, you're M2, you gotta work hard to win anything. YL is probably a little more difficult cause he's faster but I'm not so certain. up throwww

tatsuha

Smash Cadet
hmm....shielding an attack. why didn't i think of that? i've done it occasionally, but now that you mention it, it would probably be good to focus on taking advantage of the up+b lag. the sexy sexy shadowball at the edge sounds cool, but (assuming you meant for me to jump off facing the stage) wouldn't the invincibility frames be a problem? he usually pulls up quickly once he's on the ledge, so i *know* i couldn't hit him while he hanging, but maye i can get to him before he grabs on. i'll try that sometime and laugh when i fail miserably and then learn from it. ^_^ shadowball spamming helps a lot, but then arrow still get through, so i end up not making much headway. seems like teleporting is one of my better options, then. thanks for the tips X-]

PS: don't make the mistake i always do and forget that uair won't work on Link if he remembers to use his dair >_>

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
M2 should have no trouble with links projectiles, Just shield bombs, Ftilt arrows and Boomarang. WD grab is effective just trick your opponent into using UpB. From what you said it seems that the link player really likes that move, wait for him to use it and then punish him!! It would be more helpfull if you would post a match or something, but anyway good luck! and keep practicing.

Top Bottom