• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After Hours IV: WiiU Tournament

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
The After Hours Tournament Series is back in the new year! This time, we're bringing you our first ever tournament on WiiU! Want to find out more about us or keep up with everything we have to offer? Check us out here: http://gamesafterhoursblog.blogspot.com/

What is After Hours, though?
After Hours is primarily a series of game tournaments, and while previously only on Smash 3DS, we are looking to branch out into other games VERY soon, now including Smash for WiiU. We are also looking into streaming, YouTube, and other special events. Most of our tourneys and events, though, all take place late at night, generally on a weekend, when many people are home, free from the busy obligations of work and school. The After Hours team consists of myself and four others. For this tournament, After Hours team member @ F Flubfrey will assit me in hosting.

The Leaderboard
Due to the fact that many After Hours tournaments contain special rulesets not used for other tourneys, we have decided to keep our own leaderboard across ALL of the different games that we will eventually offer tournaments in. Each season (more info about this will follow), the leaderboard is reset and the top spots are once again up for grabs. Due to the fact that this is the first tournament in Season 2, the leaderboard is now fresh again, with those who placed at the top last season being able to earn bonus points for the first tourney of this season.

Seasons
This tournament, After Hours IV, will be the beginning of Season 2. We have decided that, approximately once a year, we will wipe the leaderboard at the end of each "season" to allow for an even playing field the next season. Those who placed in the top percentage will be rewarded for their accomplishments though, and will receive a small amount of bonus points for the start of the next season.

After Hours MVP
Preceding the finals games in the last tournament of each season, we will announce our MVP for that season. The MVP is someone who is active in our community (on here, Skype, and in the future possibly on Twitch and YouTube), participates often in tournaments and events, and performs well in these tournaments. Season 1's MVP was DrLobster! He will receive bonus leaderboard points at the beginning of Season 2, possibly along with a few special privileges.

Tournament Rules
-This will be a more standard tournament. It will likely be Double Elimination.
-We will decide on a participant limit at a later date, but for now it is looking like 16.
-We have done away with character claiming, and you may use any character you wish. After losing a fight, only then may you switch characters.
-All matches will be best of 3, 2 stock, 5 minutes.
-NO items or customs will be used.
-You are permitted to select ANY Omega Stage to play on.

Sign-Ups
-YOU MUST SIGN UP USING THE FOLLOWING TEMPLATE. Remove the parentheses and place your info there. Here is the template (Just copy and paste it, even if you have competed in an After Hours tournament before you must still fill one out):
(SB Username) | (WiiU Friend Code) | (Skype Username)
-Skype is required to participate in the tournament, as it is our main form of communication once the tourney begins. Once you sign up, you will be added to the After Hours skype group. If you would like, you may stay in the group or leave after the tourney. Leaving before the tourney will result in disqualification. Many discussions and announcements take place in the group in between tourneys.
-After signing up, you MUST add both myself and @ F Flubfrey to your WiiU friends list. We will get you details on how to do that at the end of the week.
-After the tourney fills up, you will be added to a waiting list. If someone drops out, everyone on the waiting list will be notified at the same time. The empty spot will then be first come, first serve.
-Players will be seeded based on their sign-up order. Those who placed in the top 5 last season will have priority seeding over everyone else.

Have any questions? Feel free to ask them here! We are still discussing the tourney date, but it may be next Monday. If you have any questions not related to the tourney, you can ask them in the skype group or email us at gamesafterhours@gmail.com

Thanks! I cannot wait to host another fantastic tournament!

Last edited:

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
I claim entry to the first tourney of the year! Whenever it is. You should still have my information, but my NNiD is Alphamew17

Alphamew17 | Alphamew17 | Alphamew17

Last edited:

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
fireofexile | fireofexile | fireofexile

just want to let you know, you forgot to take character claiming out of the signups section :)

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Looking forward to another great tournament!

DrLobster | DrLobster | wasthistaken

trummyg

Smash Cadet
TrummGZ I Trummy I You have my skype.

I've been polishing up on my skills. I'm ready to go again. ;D Also, can someone invite me back into the skype group?

Last edited:

AlphaShadow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadowr2d2kirby
Did I get in or not? I`m worried that I didn`t or might`ve done something wrong since I`m not in the skype group yet =/

trummyg

Smash Cadet
Can we get an update as to what's going on? There hasn't been much going on in this thread for a while.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
I have to apologize, for we've been trying to come up with a date for the tourney, but everytime we go to announce something, another conflict pops up. We will reintroduce the tournament when everything is settled, but for now it will be canceled. We don't want anothe After Hours II situation, so we will have the tournament return at a later date. If you would like to stay updated, add me, GrizzlyEatsKids, on skype, and I will add you to our After Hours Skype group.

Last edited:
Top Bottom