• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After Hours III: 3DS Tournament (Dec. 21)

#FFED00

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5258-0021-3583
~:4wiifit:~

Also, when exactly will this be? I have a flight afternoon-evening on the 21st :/

EDIT: can't make it, sorry.

Last edited:

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
We have decided to start the tournament at 7:00 PM US Central time. I will have information about checking in soon.

Last edited:

trummyg

Smash Cadet
Noah | 0104-1629-6112 | TrummGZ

So, I'm not sure if by "SB username" you mean what shows up above my character in the game, or whatever I choose for myself. If the latter is the case, then that is also TrummGZ.

trummyg

Smash Cadet
I wasn't aware of the second page in the thread, and was under the impression that that had just now been posted. My bad. ;U

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
I wasn't aware of the second page in the thread, and was under the impression that that had just now been posted. My bad. ;U
Haha no worries. We still have 3 spots available due to some dropouts if you would like to join.

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
I claim Captain Falcon.

EDIT: I see that somehow MoonboyJosh has Falcon. Why can't I also be Falcon? Seems ridiculous, and it's not like it's hard to keep track, just make me a different color (I go Pink or Gold anyway). If it's gonna be that way, then fine, force me to be flip-floppin' Greninja. Or Pikachu, if he's also not taken (Both Falcon AND Jiggly taken, great).

Last edited:

trummyg

Smash Cadet
I claim Captain Falcon.

EDIT: I see that somehow MoonboyJosh has Falcon. Why can't I also be Falcon? Seems ridiculous, and it's not like it's hard to keep track, just make me a different color (I go Pink or Gold anyway). If it's gonna be that way, then fine, force me to be flip-floppin' Greninja. Or Pikachu, if he's also not taken (Both Falcon AND Jiggly taken, great).
I agree, I would actually like to use my main, but for some odd reason I can't use my main due to the fact that someone else wants to use him. What is the reason for adding this rule?

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
This rule, which is in place form many tournaments, not just ours, is to avoid mirror matches.mirror matches do not always necessarily dictate a person's true skill in a game, and can sometimes lead to unfair play. In an attempt to avoid this unfair play, we have elected to conform to this rule that was already put into place for many tournaments before us. We cannot make everybody happy, and we understands that it stinks to not to be able to use your main, but we must do what we feel is best for the competition as a whole.

EDIT: Everyone must check in between 6 and 7 PM on Skype Sunday in order to participate. Thanks.

Last edited:

trummyg

Smash Cadet
This rule, which is in place form many tournaments, not just ours, is to avoid mirror matches.mirror matches do not always necessarily dictate a person's true skill in a game, and can sometimes lead to unfair play. In an attempt to avoid this unfair play, we have elected to conform to this rule that was already put into place for many tournaments before us. We cannot make everybody happy, and we understands that it stinks to not to be able to use your main, but we must do what we feel is best for the competition as a whole.

EDIT: Everyone must check in between 6 and 7 PM on Skype Sunday in order to participate. Thanks.
I'm not trying to argue on what you're saying here, but I'm curious. How do Mirror matches differ from regular ones in terms of whether or not it requires as much skill?

Serth_Hermlerm

Smash Rookie
NNID
SerthHermlerm
3DS FC
4639-9465-8729
Serth_Hermlerm | 4639-9465-8729 | seth.hamlin13

I dont know who to choose since Luigi was already chosen

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
muddykips | 3609-1085-1849 | muddy.kips

hopefully there's still room. i'll take yoshi, or g&w.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Before I choose am i able to swap at all during the tourney? Like say i play my first match and it just doesnt seem that a certain character is playing well for me. Am i stuck with that character the whole time?
You can switch your character one time, but it must be before the tourney starts.

And @ muddykips muddykips gotcha, Yoshi works.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Sorry to hear @ Nstinct Nstinct , and man, @ trummyg trummyg , I'm starting to feel bad for you, Rosalina was taken a long time ago. And no, we unfortunately have no way to stream or record it currently, but we may actually look into it in the future.

And everyone, a lot of leaderboard points are up for grabs tonight. Here's what you can get:

Participation: 3 Points
First Place: 12 Points
Second Place: 10 Points
Third Place: 8 Points
Fourth Place: 6 Points

Winning in the Winner's Bracket:
Round 1: 2 Points
Round 2: 4 Points
Round 3: 6 Points
Semifinals: 8 Points

Winning in the Loser's Bracket:
Round 1: 1 Point
Every Other Round: 2 Points
Semifinals: 6 Points

*A bye in any round rewards the same amount of points as if the competitor would have participated in that round.

Upsets:
This ONLY applies to those who defeats someone who is a higher seed than them and holds a spot on the leaderboard before the tournament begins.

Knocking Flubfrey out of the tournament: 4 Points
Knocking Retrosleep out of the tournament: 5 Points
Knocking Chaineblood out of the tournament: 7 Points
Knocking DrLobster out of the tournament: 10 Points

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
How exactly do mirror matches cause unfair play? If anything, a mirror match is what can determine people's skill with a certain character, as opposed to fighting against someone who has a clear advantage against your character. Honestly, this rule doesn't make sense, and I've never seen a tournament use this rule.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
@ Alphamew17 Alphamew17 , I've already provided our reasonings for the rule, and I myself have looked at tourneys where this is in place. This is an opinion shared by much of the fighting game community, and I will not present you with an answer to represent them as a whole. I will not go on to argue with you. I'm sorry that you do not like our ruleset, and while we would love to have you in this tourney, nobody is forcing you to participate.

Top Bottom