• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After Hours II (This Saturday-SIGNUPS OPEN)

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Welcome! This is the official thread for the second After Hours tournament, hosted by @SlapChop44 and myself. The tournament will take place on Saturday, November 22, starting at 8:00 PM US Central time. You can find the original announcement for the tournament here: http://smashboards.com/threads/anno...l-new-tournament-series.370566/#post-17699967 PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT THERE, it was simply to see if there was enough interest in the tournament series before one would be occur. A link to the bracket will be posted this week.

Please keep in mind that After Hours is not meant to be your standard, every day tournament. Our goal is to offer you a unique tournament experience that you will not get in most other places.

The official rules for the tournament are below, with details on how to sign up following. Keep in mind that not all After Hours tournaments will follow these rules.

TOURNAMENT RULES

-
There are 28 spots available for the tournament.
-Seeding is based on the After Hours leaderboard. Those not placed in the leaderboard will receive seeding based on when they sign up. There will be a points system (to be specified on later) for the tournament that will allow you to get a higher seed if you participate in any future After Hours tournaments.
-Miis, custom moves, and equipment are not allowed.
-The tournament will be divided into several rounds. Finals will consist of a Third/Fourth place game before the actual Finals begin.
-All matches will be played on the Omega Form of any stage.
-The first round will be known as the wildcard round. It will be a 2 stock, best of 1 match. Those in the top 4 seeds will get a bye for this round.
- For the rest of the tourney, save for the Finals (which includes the Bronze match), it will consist of 3 stock, 8 minute, best of 3 matches. The finals will follow the same exact ruleset, but will be a best of 7.
-No items will be used in the tournament.
-Character claiming will come later next week, but you will not be able to use the same character as someone else, and no custom moves, or Mii characters, will be allowed.
-The top 4 on the leaderboard are @ DrLobster DrLobster , @ Chaineblood Chaineblood , @Teknology, and @ Retrosleep Retrosleep . They are allowed to choose the character they wish to use immediately upon sign up. Everyone else must wait until character claiming begins.

DISQUALIFICATION AND FORFEITURE
-
Sometimes Smash cycles the host of a match. PAY ATTENTION!!! If you become the host, you MUST change the settings so that they are in line with the rules of the tourney. Failure to do so results in you forfeiting that match and your opponent gaining a point.
-You are not allowed to select any other stage or form other than those listed in the rules. Failure to follow this rule will result in the forfeiture of that match.
-Failure to check in to the tournament will result in disqualification.
-Failure to select your character before the start of the tourney will result in your opponent gaining a point at the start of your first match.
-If you are found cheating in any way, turning customs on, turning anything other than the required items on, flaming/trolling other participants, or disobeying the TOs, then you will be disqualified.
-Disqualification results in you getting kicked out of the tournament, losing ALL leaderboard points, and being suspended from a number of After Hours tournaments to be determined at the time of disqualification.

SIGN-UPS
-You may not choose a character right now upon initial sign-up, that will come later.
-Neither @SlapChop44 or myself intend to directly participate in the tournament unless we need to fill spots. If 28 spots are not filled, we will cut it down to 20 openings only.
-To sign up, respond to this thread with your friend code and your skype username if you have one. Skype is how we will communicate on tournament night.
-Add BOTH myself AND @SlapChop44 to your 3DS friends. My FC is 3351-4506-8996. His is 0791-2753-3358.
-If the tournament fills up, but you wish to participate, still sign-up. You will be added to a reserve list.
-We currently have 2 more After Hours smash tournaments planned for 2014. Another set for November, and one in December. As a special announcement, we intend to add Call of Duty Advanced Warfare to our list of games around December.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here!

Last edited:

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Should be good for it! Lookin forward to another great tournament.

As with before, goin' in with ma boi :4diddy:.

ninjaclone09

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaclone09
3DS FC
3411-2166-3677
I'll join.

FC is 3411 - 2166 - 3677
Skype is topmemer

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Glad to have you back, @ DrLobster DrLobster . @ ninjaclone09 ninjaclone09 , you've also been accepted in. I won't update the actual participant list until later. Also, I'll be out all day tomorrow, and so for those who wish to sign up tomorrow, please feel free to do so, just note that I will be a little late getting to them.

Jonney

Smash Cadet
NNID
hawkeye721
3DS FC
4253-3982-7075
I'd love to join
FC: 4253 3982 7075

megamain

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3540-1300-6153
I'd like to participate in tournament. My IGN is rewsay and my friend code is 3540-1300-6153. My Skype is christian.deleveaux.

Chaineblood

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chaineblood
3DS FC
5000-3986-8173
I'm in, but only if the tourney won't go on past 11 again :/ my birthday party is saturday.
oh and gonna switch it up (and probably regret this) :4samus:

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
@ Chaineblood Chaineblood , we might be cutting it close, but hopefully we should be able to finish by then. Glad to have you and @ Retrosleep Retrosleep back again. We may even add another host for the first couple rounds to help them move more quickly, which will also allow for less of a wait between games. Also, @ leFrogman leFrogman , we require your 3ds friendcode.

Last edited:

Jonney

Smash Cadet
NNID
hawkeye721
3DS FC
4253-3982-7075
I might be around 15 minutes late for this, hopefully I wont.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Well it is actually being postponed. Everyone who signed up is still in if they wish.

EDIT: Tourney has been moved to this Saturday. We are currently open to signups.

Last edited:

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Last edited:

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
I'm extremely sorry, but you all signed up a bit too late. We may have another tournament very soon, as in this or next week. If any of you would like, I can notify you as soon as it is posted.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
It already happened, everyone checked in too late, so those who checked in on Skype were able to participate. We may have another tourney this weekend. Congrats to DrLobster for winning a second consecutive tourney.

3870x2

Smash Rookie
NNID
3870x2
3DS FC
2852-8211-0162
Same here.

Last edited:

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Yeah.....tbh, Grizzly, this tournament was kind of run a little hastily, considering the new date for the tourney was announced the day before said date, or something like that. It didn't really give people a lot of time to come in and be prepared.

No h8 m8, just givin ma two cents.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Yeah I agree, there were just a lot of personal obstacles in the way of this one. I will notify everyone who asked to be notified as early as possible next time. We do plan to have one in mid-late December.

Top Bottom