• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After Hours I (Sunday, October 12)

Thatsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATSA
3DS FC
3351-5342-1929
Thatsa | FC:3351 5342 1929| Skype: thatsaplusone

SlapChop44

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0791-2753-3358
I'd like to thank all of you for signing up for the first edition of the After Hours Tournament! For those wondering I will be hosting block A-D and Grizzly will be hosting E-H. I'm sorry I don't make myself more a part of the boards here, but I assure you I will be very involved in this tournament and look forward to hosting. Good luck to all of our contestants and have a good time participating in the first ever After Hours Tournament!

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
@ Carl Swaygan Carl Swaygan we are currently full, but I can add you to the waiting list in case someone drops out.

As for everyone in the tournament, you canow claim the one character you wish to use for the tournament! You are not allowed to select a character the someone else has already chosen, and I will update all selections (including those not on Smashboards) on the OP.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Keep the character claims rolling in, but I have another announcement to make. As you all begin accepting my Skype request (I have a couple more to send out at this point), I will be putting together a group for the tournament. You may all feel free to socialize there, but if you have any questions about the tourney, please ask them in this thread so that everyone can have access to it easily (after all, they may have the same question too). the Skype group will be primarily used for communication once the tourney begins, as it'll help the process run for more smoothly.

On Sunday, the day of the tournament, you MUST check-in by commenting on this thread that you are indeed still available to participate. The latest you are permitted to check in is 8:00 PM CST, the start time for the tourney. Failure to follow this rule will result in disqulaification. Checking in on this thread between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM US Central Time will qualify for early check in, thus rewarding you with an extra point for the After Hours leaderboard. If you check into Skype AFTERNOON checking in on the forum, you will gain a second bonus point. Those who do not belong to Smashboards will likely have another means of checking in. So what are these points?

Scoring System:
Points do not have an effect on the placement of each individual tournament, but rather dictate your place on the After Hours leaderboard as well as your seeding for future after Hours tournaments, should you choose to participate. The scoring system for the first tournament goes as follows:

Participation in the Tournament: 1 Point
Early Check-In on Forum: 1 Point
Early Check in on Forum AND Skype: 1 Point (This is in addition to the previous point)
Win in Prelims: 2 Points
Win in Quarterfinals: 3 Points
Fourth Place: 4 Points
Third Place: 5 Points
Second Place: 7 Points
First Place: 10 Points

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Gonna reserve ma homey Diddy Kong.

SlapChop44

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0791-2753-3358
A reminder to everyone: if you haven't yet, claim your character! And also remember to add me on Skype and to add my friend code.

WhistfulSoul

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhistfulSoul
3DS FC
2079-6649-1314
Just wanted to post here so everyone knows I do in fact have a Smashboards account now. Figured I oughta get one.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Welcome to the boards. I updated the challonge link in the first post, so if any of you were having trouble viewing the bracket, you all should be able to see it now. If you have an account, you can also make predictions (if enough people participate then we may reward an extra point to the person who has the most accurate prediction). Also, some info was added above the tournament roster regarding changing your character.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
I have sent out a skype request to everyone, so if you could all please accept it, that'd be great! Also, for those of you that have accepted, you should now be in the After Hours skype group (let me know if you aren't). I still have to add the majority of you to my 3DS friends list. I've been busy with exams for school, but you should yourself added to my friends list between today and tomorrow night. Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to Sunday!

gogojojo331

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1821-9451-2258
When is the next tourney? Can I be on the waiting list as well

:shiro: Seem every tourney is taken whenever I get to it

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Last edited:

SlapChop44

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0791-2753-3358
Check-ins start early tomorrow! Early check-ins take place from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM CST. Anyone that doesn't check in before 8:00 PM will be disqualified. Remember, you will get one point towards your After Hours leaderboard standing for checking in early on Smash Boards, and two points for checking in early on Skype and Smash Boards.

Treholt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2320-6175-8838
Oh snap, I must have miscalculated. When I first tried to figure out what time it would be for me it looked fine. But I think the tourney will start at 3 am for me... So I have to cancel my entry... Sorry for the inconvenience! I saw somebody wantet to join while it was already full, so someone can take my place I hope.

WhistfulSoul

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhistfulSoul
3DS FC
2079-6649-1314
I'm still all set to play, the wait's gunna be long though, (tourney's at 9 pm for me and Bulborb).

(Does this count as a check in .-.)

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Yep, that counts. I'll update the OP with a leaderboard for points. Don't forget to check in on the skype group as well.

Last edited:

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Verifying that I am indeed still free. I'm in the same boat as Soul, though; tourney starts at 9 PM for me lol.

Anyways, still good to go.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Gotcha, as an update, the full leaderboard will be posted tonight after the conclusion of the tourney.

Top Bottom