• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After Hours I (Sunday, October 12)

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Welcome! This is the official thread for the first After Hours tournament, hosted by @SlapChop44 and myself. The tournament will take place on Sunay, October 12, starting at 8:00 PM US Central time. You can find the original announcement for the tournament here: http://smashboards.com/threads/anno...l-new-tournament-series.370566/#post-17699967 PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT THERE, it was simply to see if there was enough interest in the tournament series before one would be occur. The bracket will be located here as I fill it out:
http://afterhours.challonge.com/afterhoursi

Please keep in mind that After Hours is not meant to be your standard, every day tournament. Our goal is to offer you a unique tournament experience that you will not get in most other places.

The official rules for the tournament are below, with details on how to sign up following. Keep in mind that not all After Hours tournaments will follow these rules.

TOURNAMENT RULES

-
There are 16 spots available for the tournament.
-Seeding is based on when you signed up. There will be a points system (to be specified on later) for the tournament that will allow you to get a higher seed if you participate in any future After Hours tournaments.
-Miis, custom moves, and equipment are not allowed.
-The tournament will be divided into four rounds: Prelims, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Finals. Finals will consist of a Third/Fourth place game before the actual Finals begin.
-For the first three rounds, the Prelims Quaterfinals, and Semifinals, all matches will be played on the Battlefield stage (no final destination mode). It will be a 5 minute, 2 stock match, and it will be a best out of 3.
-The Finals (including the Third/Fourth place match) will be played on Final Destination. It will be an 8 minute, 3 stock match, and will be a best out of 5.
-The only item to be used will be the smash ball. No items will be used in Finals.
-Character claiming will come later next week, but you will not be able to use the same character as someone else, and no custom moves, or Mii characters, will be allowed.

DISQUALIFICATION AND FORFEITURE
-
Sometimes Smash cycles the host of a match. PAY ATTENTION!!! If you become the host, you MUST change the settings so that they are in line with the rules of the tourney. Failure to do so results in you forfeiting that match and your opponent gaining a point.
-You are not allowed to select any other stage or form other than those listed in the rules. Failure to follow this rule will result in the forfeiture of that match.
-Failure to check in to the tournament will result in disqualification.
-Failure to select your character before the start of the tourney will result in your opponent gaining a point at the start of your first match.
-If you are found cheating in any way, turning customs on, turning anything other than the required items on, flaming/trolling other participants, or disobeying the TOs, then you will be disqualified.
-Disqualification results in you getting kicked out of the tournament, losing ALL leaderboard points, and being suspended from a number of After Hours tournaments to be determined at the time of disqualification.

SIGN-UPS

-4 spots are reserved for off-site friends of mine who requested to be in the tournament. Seeding is still first come, first serve.
-You may not choose a character right now upon initial sign-up, that will come later.
-Neither @SlapChop44 or myself intend to directly participate in the tournament unless we need to fill spots. If 16 spots are not filled, we will cut it down to 8 openings only.
-To sign up, respond to this thread with your friend code and your skype username if you have one. Skype is how we will communicate on tournament night.
-Add BOTH myself AND @SlapChop44 to your 3DS friends. My FC is 3351-4506-8996. His is 0791-2753-3358.
-If the tournament fills up, but you wish to participate, still sign-up. You will be added to a reserve list. Also, we hope to have more After Hours tournaments in the future, with different sets of rules and different amounts of participants.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here!

ROSTER/SEEDING
The tourney is currently full. You can still sign up and be put on a waiting list.
*=Not currently on Smashboards

You are permitted to change your character for an unused one, or trade characters with another participant, up until Saturday afternoon. After that point you may not change characters. You may only change characters once.

1. Thizzfface | FC: 2938-6739-6903 | Skype: thizzfface :4marth:
2. LukeDuke | FC: 1521-2656-7668 | Skype: LukeDuke186 :4mario:
3. wobbie831 | FC: 1693-2876-9993 | Skype: tbeast96 :4samus:
4. miracleJester | FC: 1547-5445-7442 | Skype: miracleJester :4littlemac:
5. BulborbAdventurer (LudwigMasterRace) | FC: 2578-3118-4996 | Skype: dontblink1337 :4olimar:
6. Teknology | FC: 0447-7254-7800 | Skype: al3x.v9 :4shulk:
7. DrLobster | FC: 4699-5880-7408 | Skype: wasthistaken :4diddy:
8. Flubfrey | FC: 2165 - 5513 - 7968 | Skype: flubfrey :4bowser:
9. *Soul | FC: 2079-6649-1314 | Skype: Pending:4tlink:
10. Rend4125 | FC: 3007-8610-4758 | Skype: billiam4125 :4jigglypuff:
11. *Chiggy | FC: 4339-2509-4559| Skype: JacobChig:4megaman:
12. Retrosleep | FC: 1908-0519-6891 | Skype: tomhatesyou :4myfriends:
13. Anomalous Adam | FC: 2020-0165-2865 | Skype: anomalous_adam :4villager:
14. Thatsa | FC:3351 5342 1929| Skype: thatsaplusone :4charizard:

15. imbatman94 | FC: 2294-5156-9746 | Skype: imbatman2294 :4yoshi:

16. Chaineblood | FC:5000-3986-8173 | Sype: mportier@gmail.com :rosalina:

Last edited:

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
You have all been added. I'll stay in touch with everyone, and the bracket has been updated on challonge.com/afterhoursi

In order for you to be able to enter the tournament, be sure to add me to your friends list!!! Also, watch this thread for a tournament date and for when character claiming begins.

xSinCarax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xSinCarax
3DS FC
4313-2082-1946
You have all been added. I'll stay in touch with everyone, and the bracket has been updated on challonge.com/afterhoursi

In order for you to be able to enter the tournament, be sure to add me to your friends list!!! Also, watch this thread for a tournament date and for when character claiming begins.
whats your FC again? lol

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
No worries, you've been added. If everyone could also add @SlapChop44 (his FC is 0791-2753-3358) to your friends list, it'll help the tournament go more smoothly.

xSinCarax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xSinCarax
3DS FC
4313-2082-1946
Last edited:

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
No, I don't believe it will, but I can look into it. We will have our own After Hours leaderboards/ranking though.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Added you earlier. I should have a more solid time/date for the tourney by either tonight or tomorrow. Also, I plan on announcing what items will be available at that time.

Last edited:

Teknology

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0447-7254-7800
I'll join this, FC: 0447-7254-7800 and my skype is al3x.v9

I'm also in EST

Last edited:

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Hey, this seems pretty cool. I'll join.

FC is 4699-5880-7408. No Skype, sadly.

Also, in EST, so lel

ALSO also, no Double Elimination?

Last edited:

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
I'll add you two in, and I have an off-site friend, as well as another friend of his that will be participating. Check back on this thread Tuesday for a special announcement about character selection, skype, and scoring for the After Hours leaderboard.

@ DrLobster DrLobster no, no double elimination this time, but if all goes well a future After Hours tourney will include it.

As for items: the only item to be used will be the Smash Ball. No items will be used in Finals.

The official date for the tournament is this coming Sunday, October 12. Matches will start as close to 8:00 PM US Central Time as possible, and go until they are finished (unless we are so tired to the point where both hosts decide to finish it on Monday, but chances are against that). I will remind everyone, as well as provide more details on how to do so later, but you must check in the day of the tournament or else you will be disqualified. Let me know ahead of time if you cannot make it.

Remember to add BOTH myself and @SlapChop44 to your friends list, so that we can have two matches running at once. Both of our friend codes can be found in the original post under sign ups.

Last edited:

xSinCarax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xSinCarax
3DS FC
4313-2082-1946
Smash ball? Really? you do realize some characters have completely useless smashes compared to others right? this isnt competitive this is gonna go on luck the minute someone grabs it. Just X me out from the list please. Sorry.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Okay I will. After playing and testing it out, the smash ball rarely appears. I currently do not have a way to set a time and stock together, so the smash ball will help to balance that out. Besides, I'm sorry if this hasn't been made clear to anyone, but After Hours is not your typical tournament. While it is meant to be competitive, it is also meant for fun, as well as to add an unexpected element that you generally won't come by in "standard tournaments." I'm sorry if this isn't for you, but for everyone else who wishes to play, I hope you are all looking forward to it, because I know that I sure am!

Last edited:

Treholt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2320-6175-8838
FC: 2320-6175-8838
Im in GMT+2 time so yeah.

Last edited:

xSinCarax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xSinCarax
3DS FC
4313-2082-1946
Okay I will. After playing and testing it out, the smash ball rarely appears. I currently do not have a way to set a time and stock together, so the smash ball will help to balance that out. Besides, I'm sorry if this hasn't been made clear to anyone, but After Hours is not your typical tournament. While it is meant to be competitive, it is also meant for fun, as well as to add an unexpected element that you generally won't come by in "standard tournaments." I'm sorry if this isn't for you, but for everyone else who wishes to play, I hope you are all looking forward to it, because I know that I sure am!

Like no disrespect but yeah that def. should have been said at the start. Im just looking for competitive atm but def. keep me posted for the enxt tournament items or not.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Like no disrespect but yeah that def. should have been said at the start. Im just looking for competitive atm but def. keep me posted for the enxt tournament items or not.
Will do. Some After Hours tourneys will be more competitively based then others.

Also @ Treholt Treholt added. Time zone looks to be a bit of a doozy for this, but nonetheless glad to have you on board.

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
3007 8610 4758 sign me up!
Will add. Do you have Skype?

Wait, wut? That feature gets unlocked pretty early, I thought.
I may have missed it, because I have every character unlocked and such. I still plan on looking into it though. I should be able to get it by the tourney, though.

Last edited:

GrizzlyEatsKids

Smash Apprentice
NNID
foodonfloor
3DS FC
3351-4506-8996
Okay awesome, thank you.

EDIT: Some people, who are friends in real life, requested that they not face each other in the first round. I was able to make that happen by swapping seeds with those who were willing. You need not worry though, for all of your seedings have remained the same.

Also, tomorrow morning, I will post on here allowing everyone to begin claiming their character, so keep checking back early tomorrow! A character can only be used by one person, and this is the character that you must use for the duration of the tournament! Characters will be claimed on a first come, first serve basis.

Last edited:

MegaDeadpool3442

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3067-6083-5937
I Would Love To Join If I Can!
FC: 3067-6083-5937
Names IP

Last edited:
Top Bottom