• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After 4 pages of different teams... *Closed*

9Kplus1

Smash Master
7 Calm Minds
6 turns of Slowbro stalling
5 Golden Wisps♪♪♪
4 Vine Whips
3 -20 degree Icy Winds
2 Lopi Fake Outs
And a Return behind the Abomasnow tree♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
------------------------------------
lol @ my song, but, RMT, now with holiday cheer!

Metagross *Babidi* @Occa Berry
Adamant Nature
EVs:252attk/200hp/56spdef

Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Thunder Punch
Icy Wind
My lead and physical sweeper. Yes, Icy Wind got in there... it helps whenever I need to switch out. Agiligross was never my strongpoint in both 3rd and 4th gen, so, don't suggest it...

Lopunny *Chi Chi* @Leftovers
Jolly Nature
EVs:252spd/200attk/56hp
Ability: Cute Charm

Magic Coat
Fake Out
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Tis' the season to be Jolly? Haha, I made a pun! But really, this is my newer version of Lopunny. She hits hard and can do a nice number on Noir/Blisseys that love to cripple her. Hey, if ExpertBeltPunny can KO a Registeel AND Regirock, this Punny'll work too.

Espeon *Pan* @Wise Glasses
Timid Nature
EVs:252spattk/200spd/56hp

Psychic
Grass Knot
HP Ground
Calm Mind
My CM version of Espeon, better yet, Latios Jr. So far, she has swept 8/8 Uber Teams in PBR. *Claps*

Spiritomb *Buu* @Leftovers
Calm Nature
EVs:252hp/160spdef/92def/4spattk

Calm Mind
W-o-W
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
My dual wall and Nape counter.

Slowbro *Uub* @Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs:252def/240hp/16spattk

Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Slack Off
HP Electric [70]
After an EPIC Slowbro vs Slowbro battle with Fluffy, I brought my buddy back with the position of a tank. Once again, coverage > STAB.

Tangrowth *Hurcule* @Leftovers
Sassy Nature
EVs:252def/100hp/100attk/56spattk

Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
HP Dragon [70]
Earthquake
Take THAT W4M! MY Tangrowth does MORE than wall! It tanks aswell. HP Dragon was the strongest HP that hits Dragons I could breed, so, I took that. Earthquake makes Tangrowth my Vire counter.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
The other one is overcrowded with SEVERAL different teams, so, time for some organization!

Azumaril @Leftovers
Careful Nature
EVs:252hp/52attk/100def/104spdef
Huge Power

Ice Punch
Brick Break
Substitute
Perish Song
No CBAzumaril this time, this time, it's BulkyAzumaril. Perish Song is for getting baton passers to switch out.
No Waterfall? Fine.

Porygon 2 @Chople Berry
Bold Nature
EVs:252hp/120def/52spdef/84spattk
Ability:Trace

Ice Beam
Conversion 2
Thunderbolt
Recover
The UU Pory... yes, I'm using it. With the Chople Berry, it can survive a Hera's Close Combat and live to Convert to a Psychic type... yippie...
Fine

Hariyama @Leftovers
Adamant Nature
EVs:252hp/252attk/4def
Thick Fat

Bullet Punch
Fake Out
Stone Edge
Substitute
My Weavile/Vire counter.
Fine

Slowbro @Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs:252def/240hp/16spattk

Ice Beam
HP Electric [70]
Grass Knot
Slack Off
My Dos, Chomp, Mence, Nite and T-Tar/boah counter.
Fine

Leafeon @Yache Berry
Impish Nature
EVs:252attk/180hp/76def

Leaf Blade
Rock Smash
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
My Physical Sweeper.
No Rock Smash

Miltank @Leftovers
Careful Nature
EVs:252hp/232spdef/24def
Scrappy

Seismic Toss
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
Ice Punch
The better version of Blissey... HER Seismic Toss hits Ghosts.
Fine

There, RMT.
It's a good team.

ss118

Smash Master
Been quite a while since one of us rated the others team, eh?
Ah well, lets see how you did!
The other one is overcrowded with SEVERAL different teams, so, time for some organization!

Azumaril @Leftovers
Impish Nature
EVs:252hp/64attk/96def/96spdef
Huge Power

Ice Punch
Brick Break
Protect
Perish Song
No CBAzumaril this time, this time, it's BulkyAzumaril. Perish Song is for getting baton passers to switch out.
As I recall, you do have a sense of creating unique sets.... however, using it as a starter doesn't work as well. I suggest placing it in th back for when you notice the BP chain. Then you can let the Smeargle BP the Ingrain, and then your free to PS the team to death.

Articuno @Leftovers
Calm Nature
EVs:252hp/400def/200spdef/16spattk
Ice Beam
Haze
Heal Bell
Light Screen
My supporter.
400 defense, lol.
Anyhow, haze seems redundant with Perish Song taking care of BP chains and slow stat uppers. I suggest removing it for Roost.

Jolteon @Liechi Berry
Timid Nature
EVs:252hp/252spd/4spattk

Shadow Ball
Baton Pass
Charge Beam
Substitute
My Passer
very intresting, surprising you didn't put agility>shadow ball. Then u could BP subs, atk, special ak, and speed =D

Slowbro @Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs:252def/200hp/56spattk

Ice Beam
HP Electric [70]
Calm Mind
Slack Off
My Dos, Chomp, Mence and Nite counter.
I don't think this could switch into specsmence very well, and a Chain Chomp would screw you over, too. Consider Surf/ Psychic over calm mind to take care of your gigantic Infernape weakness.

Aerodactyl @Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
EVs:200attk/56spattk/252spd

EQ
Taunt
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw
My Physical Sweeper.
this won't be hitting very hard without some STAB.... and Aerodactyl doesn't do the "mixed attacker" deal very well, either. Possibly use a focus sash and use it as a starter over Azumarill.

Claydol @Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
EVs:252hp/124spdef/124def/8spattk

Rapid Spin
EQ
Psychic
Toxic
[Insert description here]
Consider taking off either EQ or Psychic for Stealth Rock.

There, RMT.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Crobat is replacing Aerodactyl.

@SS118-

Articuno: Haze does seem a little unessisary, but, it does work on occaisson by removing my opponent's stat boosts w/o switching to Azumaril which actually gives my opponent a chance for sweeping. But, it DOES seem like a good choice since Azumaril can switch in on fire pokes.

ss118

Smash Master
I still suggest Roost>Haze, since Articuno doesn't have the stats nor the resistances to be a wall without a recovery move, while it also seeming redundant with Azumarill's Perish Song. If you work it right, the most the opponent can take out is one guy.
Secnario:

Opponent SDs as u switch in.
Fails to kill(hopefully) as u PS.
3 turns
U protect.
2 turns
Switch and hope to live.
1 turn.
So it could go 1-for-1, you live and they die, or they switch and you have a free set up turn, like setting up SR with Claydol.

I believe Nasty Plot and Hypnosis are illegal on the same set. Though I don't enjoy playing against them, I suggest keeping Hypnosis and go for a more physical version, such as one with AA or U-Turn. Taunt is advisable, and roost could work with Focus Sash for random EQs. Hypnosis can't go with Pursuit or Brave Bird, either.
Azumarill is asking for Aqua Jet. It seems too cruel to leave it out of a set!
... unless you want to be REALLY unique and run Thick Fat. But that's retarted.

Try to detail your descriptions a bit more: some people don't understand complicated EV spreads. There may also be a good reason your running Shadow Ball> HP Ice on Jolteon, such as a Gengar weakness(which would make sense).

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Okay, I've added a Hippodwon and I've updated my team.

@ANYONE who reads this-

I'm the type of person who uses coverage > STAB ,so, really, don't suggest moves because they get STAB, K?

I can see my Mixape problem being solved easily by Registeel who can switch in on Grass Knots/T-Punches, survive a Flamethrower or Close Combat, cripple it and EQ it to its doom.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
out of all the teams i've done so far

this one looks the best only because it definitely can stall the best

though, poliwrath isn't exactly that great of a staller/wall/tank

metagross is naturally bulky enough to take physical hits (base 130 DEF), blastoise is your RSer, much needed

registeel and hippowdon look good to me

just poliwrath is worrysome

you are a bit nape weak though, maybe even metagross weak

but you have pokes who can deal with both of those

i'd be more worried with mixnape than anything else

mood4food77

Smash Hero
let's see

Muk:
105-HP
105-ATK
75-DEF
65-SP.ATK
100-SP.DEF
50-SPD

Physical Movepool:
Focus Punch
Return/Frustration
Brick Break
Explosion
Poison Jab
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Punch

Support Movepool:
Substitute
Curse
Haze
Toxic
Acid Armor
Sunny Day
Taunt
Protect
Rain Dance
Rest
Sleep Talk

well, his support moves are great, and he can set up 101 subs with 212 EVs invested (assuming 31 HP IVs), physical movepool is pretty decent, can make a great support option though

you could possibly run
Muk@leftovers
Sticky Hold
Careful
212/126/100/72 (HP/SP.DEF/DEF/ATK)
Substitute
Acid Armor
Focus Punch
Shadow Sneak

sets up 101 subs, acid armor to raise defense, FP on switches, Shadow Sneak for coverage

or you could run
Muk@leftovers
Careful
252/212/46 (HP/SP.DEF/ATK)
Substitute
Haze/Toxic
Focus Punch
Shadow Sneak

FUll coverage, can haze out stats or stall with toxic

either way, subpunching looks to be the way to go

now for

Swalot:
100-HP
73-ATK
83-DEF
73-SP.ATK
83-SP.DEF
55-SPD

Muk is definitely teh way to go here, much better stat distribution, they pretty much have identical movepools but swalot can't get Haze or most of the good physical moves muk gets

so if you want one of those two, definitely muk

ss118

Smash Master
Your justified reason for using Ice Punch on Metagross, if I'm correct, is for Hippowdon staters....

Wouldn't Meteor Mash do the same amount of damage, while also having a +8.5% chance of increasing attack(counting accuracy). The only reason to really use it is for Dragons, but he doesn't like taking spec'd hits(salamence), being screwed over by a yache berry(dragonite), or taking STABed EQs, even wih his base 130 Def. At least you could hit them all hard on the switchwith Meteor Mash.

A muscle band/ LO could create a steel one-two hit combo with Meteor Mash/ Bullet Punch that would do more damage than a CB Meteor Mash alone.

Priority moves rock! XD

If you would use it with Thunderpunch and EQ, you could also ake down Skarmory. Thunderpunch as it switches in and spikes/ whirlwinds, and EQ if it ever ges the idea of rootsing. That would require making it slower than it, forcing you to use a Brave naure(I think). Gyro Ball could be a good opion, butwould do considerably less damage than Meteor mash on Hippowdon.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
*looks at title*

... -_-

(>' ')==@ <(^-^)> <- Celebi
^Mii

Metagross @Choice Band
Adamant Nature
EVs:252attk/200hp/28def/28spdef

Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Pursuit
<("<) (>")> (^"^)... But really, this is my lead and physical sweeper. EQ destroys fire pokes, Thunder Punch for Dos starters, Ice Punch for Hippo, Chomp and Crobat starters. Pursuit is for when other starters realize they are Catarpies when compared to Meta.

Metagross leads work so much better if they have Grass Knot for Swam[ert and Hippowdon. Grass Knot can even hurt Gyarados a bit.

Jynx @Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
EVs:252spattk/252spd/4hp
Forwarn

Ice Beam
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Psychic
My Spceial sweeper. Forewarn tells me if my oppoent is using moves like Outrage, Solarbeam, etc. That way, I know who to switch out to.

Good.

Bibarel @Leftovers
Impish Nature
EVs:252hp/152def/80spdef/24attk
Unaware

Super Fang
Taunt
Dig
Waterfall
So I heard you liekz Bibarelz, eh? It helps with my sweeper/Mixape problem.

-_-

No, not really. Infernape still outspeeds and has Close Combat or Thunderpunch. The only Infernape this beats is:

Fire Punch
HP Ice
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance

Registeel @Chople Berry
Careful Nature
EVs:252hp/120def/100spdef/36attk

Earthquake
T-Wave
Seismic Toss/Stealth Rock
Explosion
My Special Wall. Registeel explodes when its HP gets too low. T-Wave for supporting and Seismic Toss for things that it doesn't want to explode on <_< *COUGH*Skarmory*COUGH*.

Good.

Blastoise @Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs:252hp/128spdef/100def/28spattk

Rest
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
HP Electric
My Spinner.

Okay.

Hippodwon @Leftovers
Impish Nature
EVs:252hp/140spdef/100def/26attk

Slack Off
Curse
Thunder Fang
Earthquake
Seeing as I have no sashers, this works fine as a wall.

Good.
To be honest, my luck with MM is just horrible, it's not the thing I wanna rely on in tight spots, BUT, I will consider it.

It's Christmas Break!
-Celebi
My Christmas Break goes from Dec. 21 through Jan 1.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Top Bottom