• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AEX Pre-Tournament - Free, Food, Fun - November 16th, 2013 - Mohnton, Pennsylvania

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
Hey all. I'm planning a larger tournament in January where I plan to advertise locally and get a room at a public place, but before that I decided to have a small tournament on Saturday, November 16th that I was initially just going to have friends come to.

We're gonna start lining up the brackets at 2pm, and begin playing by 3pm.

It's free to join and play, first place winner gets a small cash prize of $20, second place gets $10, and third place gets $5.

I'm gonna order a bunch of pizza and get a lot of drinks. We'll be playing in my garage (it's a detached garage, it's very spacious.)

We'll be playing singles and doubles. If anyone wants to spend the night into Sunday, they're more than welcome.

Like I said, there are no fees whatsoever, there will be lots of food, and it'll be a blast! I thought I should extend the invitation to all of you fine people. If anyone wants to stop by and have a fun Saturday evening, you're all more than welcome.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
This sounds so cool, and by association, you sound so cool. I may be able to make this, but right now I'm trying to go to ROM.

If you aren't already in the Philadelphia Melee facebook group, I'd like yo invite you to join it, and post about this event there as well. https://www.facebook.com/groups/108078502591099/

Sounds good! I'll share this with my group and see if anyone else is interested.
I also wanted to ask Et cetera what group are you talking about? Sorry if I already know you, I'm bad at remembering the real names to smashboard names conversions.

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
This sounds so cool, and by association, you sound so cool. I may be able to make this, but right now I'm trying to go to ROM.

If you aren't already in the Philadelphia Melee facebook group, I'd like yo invite you to join it, and post about this event there as well. https://www.facebook.com/groups/108078502591099/
Awesome, thank you! I sent a request to the group, and I'll definitely post about this on there. Also, if anyone is interested about the facebook page event that I created for this, you can see it here https://www.facebook.com/events/539808589434737/

I hope you see you there :D it will be a really chill and fun time.

Et cetera

Smash Rookie
I also wanted to ask Et cetera what group are you talking about? Sorry if I already know you, I'm bad at remembering the real names to smashboard names conversions.

We have a small group that plays at my school. I'm fairly new to Melee (started playing competitively with Brawl), but I've been playing with Tyler Fedeli and Dan Reynolds, who are a part of the Philly Melee group. But I'd like to get to meet more people in the scene and get much better at Melee! I look forward to playing next weekend!

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
If there are more of these with more notice, my crew and I will definitely try to make it out to one of these.

Mroo

Smash Rookie
Are people new to the competitive scene able to go? I have never been to a tournament before...

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
Of course! A lot of people from around my area has never been to competition before, so it's a first time for a bunch of people. Hope to see you there!

Top Bottom