• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aether spike

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
I've found Ike to have an amazing edge game. He is virtually unedgegaurdable(?). Expecially usefull against Lucas and Ness, when Ike Aethers up, hold forward, he will grab the edgeguarder on his way up, hold back to drag them away and land on the ledge and the other character still be spiked.

I'm sure this is also out there, but since his nair has virtually no lag time upon landing, that is a great way off the edge into a shield grab.

Any thoughts?

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
well, a smart edgeguarder will try to Bair you or hit you with a powerful attack at the peak of your aether, since your super armor wears off as soon as you take off.

Just an FYI and a heads up :), but yeah, if you aren't forced to use your QD to recover, the aether is a tough one to time against.

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
OK, I can potentially see that happening, but I've never had that issue occur. As soon as the sword is thrown upward, the edgeguarder is staggered. if that hits, I don't see the issue with it. However if the throw misses, I could see the aether being blocked.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Works better if you use Aether to sweetspot the ledge rather than get back on, that way your temporary invicibility while holding the edge will give you the time you need to get up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Drop down bair Ike when he's trying to get into aether range.

Or another Ike/Marth can simply wait above the ledge and throw out a counter =\
counter will only work if the Ike hits you at the peak of his aether cause by the time you strike with counter then he's jumping up. But if its the beginning you'll be sucked into the aether.

Top Bottom