• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Down B shown at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Haven't got a pic of it yet, but it seems like DK has a new tool for his aerial combat: Down B.

In the scene where the Amiibo where shown and DK was fighting Link on the Mario Galaxy stage DK did a few akward-looking slaps in front of him that doesn't resemble any of his current aerial moves. Also, it did damage Link, even if it looked quite weak, so it's an attack.

Not sure how useful this is going to be, but at least there's something new about DK other than his roll dash attack. Am hoping someone good will pick DK at the Invitational Tournament so we'll learn more about it soon.

Luigi player

Smash Master
yeah definitely seems like it. that's really cool. hopefully someone picks him at the invitational/best buy stores to confirm his roll-dashattack...

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'll get video of it at E3. It's there alright.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Nintendos e3 digital event at exactly 11 minitues in. DK attempts to do a down aerial B, and does so a second time at 11:03.

this is great!

Luigi player

Smash Master
Too bad he didn't have it in Brawl. This is the downward hitting aerial he'd need so much for coverage below him. Especially against MKs Tornado... oh well, let's see how good it makes him in this game.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Oh man, that's great. Hopefully that means he isn't as vulnerable from below because his dair was so unreliable.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wow amazing looking move! Thanks for recording RomanceDawn ! Seems like this move has quite some duration on it to.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Here is the hand slap video. Nothing special, just that. Not a smash run exclusive or anything like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ez8im7i5Hp0
I don't have any videos to prove it, bit I feel like the aerial down B was different in the Smash Run demo I played today at Best Buy. Maybe I just wasn't seeing correectly, but I thought I saw him clap his hands under him. Maybe they changed it, maybe the tiny screen was playing tricks on me...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK is getting all these nice things now, and people are mentoining he's really powerful this time to. He's been reported to be better than Bowser at least, so that's all good seeing much many changes they applied to Bowser. Am really hoping this is gonna turn out to be something good!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think that attack could quite likely become one of DK's customizable moves for Down B.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want to slap so many characters on their head so badly already! Great gif! Thanks for making it.

Annex

Smash Ace
Wow, the second hit of that connected really far forward. Could make it useful for approaches. Otherwise it could be good as ANOTHER spike, bringing his total to....4? Lol. One of which being the only spike ever to have (the option of) super armor
And I could've sworn I saw a midair clap somewhere. Can't find it now.

I'm so hype for Donk finally getting the spotlight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am not sure how potent of a spike / meteor it's going to be but am sure it's gonna be a great attack for damage building! And even better, approach!

I love the attention DK is getting to! I really am looking forward to co-main him with Diddy this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom