• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Dancing Blade Problems

Toe

Smash Apprentice
When performing Marth's initial strike of the dancing blade, sometimes I seem to drop quickly while performing the move while other times I seem to preform it normally without dropping as quick. I am not sure why this happens and if anyone know I would greatly appreciate an answer. Thanks in advanced!

Rlagkrud

Smash Cadet
Think of it like a double jump. First time you use it after hitting the ground is super floaty.
Everytime after is far less.
There are some nuances though, like it only resets after landing normally. Landing with a move won't reset it.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
When performing Marth's initial strike of the dancing blade, sometimes I seem to drop quickly while performing the move while other times I seem to preform it normally without dropping as quick. I am not sure why this happens and if anyone know I would greatly appreciate an answer. Thanks in advanced!
As far as the first hit of Dancing Blade goes, I think Kadano covered that. I'm not entirely sure how good you are with Marth, but just a quick tip: use the Dancing Blade to get as far in as you can and THEN use your second jump. Against Falco or Sheik, that'll save you a lot of trouble because you'll be able to use your second jump once you're out of the range of the laser/ needle.

Toe

Smash Apprentice
I took a look at Kadano's thread but I don't think that was what I was looking for. The specific example I had was while holding ledge. I've seen AG l Arc do this and I thought I would give it a try. While holding ledge he does a Dancing Blade away from the stage and then usually follows up with some aerial. Sometimes when I do this, the initial Dancing Blade will drop me much lower and I am unable to complete this sequence of moves and return to stage after. I have not been able to find a pattern in why this happens. I have also ran into this occasionally when using the initial hit of Dancing Blade on an offstage opponent.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I took a look at Kadano's thread but I don't think that was what I was looking for. The specific example I had was while holding ledge. I've seen AG l Arc do this and I thought I would give it a try. While holding ledge he does a Dancing Blade away from the stage and then usually follows up with some aerial. Sometimes when I do this, the initial Dancing Blade will drop me much lower and I am unable to complete this sequence of moves and return to stage after. I have not been able to find a pattern in why this happens. I have also ran into this occasionally when using the initial hit of Dancing Blade on an offstage opponent.
As a general rule, I don't think that's a good idea. If you want an aerial to recover from the ledge, just ledgehop.

Rlagkrud

Smash Cadet
Oh, I forgot to mention. Grabbing ledge does not refresh your dancing blade. It does not count as a true landing.
Look at my earlier post for more info.

An example of what you're saying was shown in the recent WTFox, M2K vs Leffen at FD.
He got knocked off and used his charged dancing blade to get back to grab ledge.
This did NOT refresh it since it's not a true landing.
While he continued to edge stall, Leffen stole ledge and M2K was unable to stall with an uncharged dancing blade, causing him to lose.

To remedy this, I make it a habit to do a true landing whenever I know used my charged dancing blade. I usually do this by hax dashing, since a wave dash counts as a true landing (since it's just a jump and air dodge land). If I get knocked off again, I'll have a charged dancing blade to get back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom