• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial B - Reverses causing mixed results

Solasel

Smash Rookie
So I think we can all agree that b-reversed pistol shots are a necessity for ZSS being slippery. When used on the ground it pretty much consistently makes her do a turn on the spot without sliding. However, when used in the air, usually it causes me to do something akin to a wavebounce (immediately reverse my velocity and shoot the gun), but sometimes it just makes me continue on my path, but shoot the other way. Both of them seem useful, but it would be nice to know how to select between the two. Does anyone know definitively the difference in inputs?

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If you input behind you prior to hitting special, you'll retain most of your momentum (minus what you lose by hitting behind you) for a "turn around special".

If you input special and then input reverse, you'll reverse your momentum as well as turn around for a "special reversal".

If you combine these two, tap behind you, reneutral, hit special, and tap the direction that was originally in front of you, you will reverse your momentum, reverse a turn around special (effectively making you face forward), and "wave bounce / recoil special"

Top Bottom