• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

advice? with videos

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
Ok I am back.

Your game play with Pit seems to be really lacking. your approach was non effective, arrows weren't used to full extent (if used at all). Not too much tilts or grabs. But it you can improve.

What to improve on.
---------
Fundamentals; Spacing; Approach; Mindgames; Knowledge of your character

---------
Fundamentals
It seems as thou you have not fully learned the fundamentals of the game yet. It didn't seem like you knew what you were doing out their. You were kinda just walking and f smashing. And you rolled alot. So for this I suggest you go read up on our Pit guide written by the Kupo and CF.
The guide is found here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181610
Besides reading that guide play around with the game mechanics a bit and go read up on the mechanics in the main boards (I am sure their is a thread somewhere I am just too lazy to go look for it XD)

---------
Approach
Your approach with Pit was lacking, lacking too much. The only approach I saw was Full hop Dair or a dash attack. I didn't count a single SH Nair. Approach with that instead. SH Nair into their shield and they will get hit, then you can follow with a combo. You can also use your arrows to as an Approach. SH arrow while moving forward, using the arrow's hitstun as a reliable wall for you to approach from.

---------
Mindgames
You don't have to know the advanced techs to be good at mindgames, ( I suggest you don't even learn any techs yet until you have established a better ground for your game) Simple jab fakes would be great. Try to go jab > jab > grab ; jab > d tilt; jab > jab > f smash. You can really mix it up and make it your own style these are just combos that I use.

---------
Spacing
This really goes back to learning the fundamentals of the game it self. After learning your character more and the fundamentals of the game, Spacing will just come natureally to you.

---------
Knowledge of your character
It seems as if thou you haven't learned your character yet. Your just kinda wingin (lol wings) it and hoping it works. Reading that pit guide would help you solve this problem.

Well I am done, I hope you take my advice and become a better Pit player Now i am off to eat because cross country is a b*****.

P.S. I just realized that your friend is the pit not you the OP. So every time i say "you" pretend i am talking to your friend. Have fun.

rinoH

Smash Lord
use more tilts and more airdodges cuz you could have easily dogded those attack from the dk and wingdash which works great against dk and i guess arrow loop for mindgames

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
use more tilts and more airdodges cuz you could have easily dogded those attack from the dk and wingdash which works great against dk and i guess arrow loop for mindgames
You really think he is in a position to learn ATs???

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
Maybe if you watched the video you can clearly see that he is very new to pit....

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
Its alright dude, I just don't want new people to go in and dive right into the techs when they dont know their character. Cause then they get pwnt.

kown

Smash Lord
gambit really felt the need to help him out. i give u ten claps. haha but really thnxs for ur helpful advice for him.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
thanks Gambit, really appreciate it. my friend is relatively new to smash and Im a veteran melee player who started brawl about a month or two ago so we ain't that great hehe I haven't even unlocked all characters yet lol

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
That Dk and snake where pretty good. I liked the DK. Does your friend have an account here?

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
I think he does but with a post count of 0, he's not the type that get's very involved in videogames, but I'm trying to change that muhahah ;P

oh btw. thanks, I main MK but I don't have any good videos, only that one video where my friend was pretty unlucky, but it's still up on YT hehe

Deeves

Smash Rookie
Justaway you need to use your air attacks more often. D. A is good and you can short hop into it. keep your distance and snipe with the arrows. Grab more! You should practice flying under the stage for mind games. Note: you can be gimped really easly with you wings. Just a little advice from past exp.

Top Bottom