• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

advice? Video link

jyin94

Smash Rookie
i need help on improveing my ganondorf. this forum is most likely consisted of talented young gamers who could probably whoop my ***. so attached is a video against my brother and i was hoping you guys could critique and add some info about ganon...particularly about these matchups im about to face soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CqXsC5VwFM

-cf
-falco
-jigglypuff
-peach
-sheik

i know his matchups against falco and shiek are poor, but i would like some insight from you guys, the pros!

thanks for helping a fellow noob!

spider_sense

Smash Champion
i need help on improveing my ganondorf. this forum is most likely consisted of talented young gamers who could probably whoop my ***. so attached is a video against my brother and i was hoping you guys could critique and add some info about ganon...particularly about these matchups im about to face soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CqXsC5VwFM

-cf
-falco
-jigglypuff
-peach
-sheik

i know his matchups against falco and shiek are poor, but i would like some insight from you guys, the pros!

thanks for helping a fellow noob!
Haha don't sell yourself short man. But I will admit, you have to definitely work on your tech skills, you have the basic stuff down; however, you're not consistent with it at all. Way too many L-cancels short hops to air dodges that got you hit alot, but don't worry everyone started off that way. For now. Just work on tech skills. Here's a great vid to watch to learn all of Ganon's techs. (I will admit, you can reverse uair and waveland fine but practice definitely makes perfect)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDs-lPmIUec <---Try to mimic everything thing he does in the opening of the video as best you can. The chain grabbing is invaluable because Ganon can utterly destroy Link just because of that.

Top players you should be watching are: Thomas Tipman, Linguini and Kage. Try to imitate everything they do and watch how they deal with each particular matchup given the situation of the match itself.

Against Link. You can hit back his boomerang with jabs or tilts, you can catch bombs with a well timed Z or A pressed (A if you're grounded and Z if you're airborne) Link has some pretty laggy attacks. Learn to wavedash out of shield whenever he does his up-b, you can also do it from the ledge, but you have to learn how to ledge hop which is simple in itself. I'll expound more on the matchup if I think of anything else to add, but for now. Keep at it.

jyin94

Smash Rookie
Thanks dude, the video is pretty sick, such a pity the guy retired tho!

I saw a video of kage v mango, and he's really gooood..

but also, i have lots of trouble with the ledgehop -> waveland

like i can ledge hop but it doens't bring me high enough to waveland its pretty weird, im pretty sure im doing it wrong, could you go through that like in detail? that would be great

and which chars can ganon chaingrab?

again, thanks for all the help, very insightful!

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Thanks dude, the video is pretty sick, such a pity the guy retired tho!

I saw a video of kage v mango, and he's really gooood..

but also, i have lots of trouble with the ledgehop -> waveland

like i can ledge hop but it doens't bring me high enough to waveland its pretty weird, im pretty sure im doing it wrong, could you go through that like in detail? that would be great

and which chars can ganon chaingrab?

again, thanks for all the help, very insightful!
As far as I know. Ganon can chaingrab Shiek, Link, Young Link, Roy and Ganon. He can chain grab a few others but they don't lead to deaths like the ones mentioned previously. Those characters are Falco, Fox, C. Falcon (High *** percents though, which can lead to deaths) Marth to like 40% I believe. Mario and Doc around the same percents as Marth

Ledge hop waveland - Make sure you can consistently get up on the ledge first. To wave land onto the platform, make sure you do a quarter circle motion going towards the ledge while pressing L or R. That's sorta the best way I can explain it. Work with it in training mode. Also, the best levels to practice that stuff is on Battlefield, Dreamland and Final D.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ganon also chaingrabs pikachu and pichu quite easily. Bowser and DK as well, you just have to get used to the lagged dthrow animation and still be close to frame perfect on your jc grabs to get the regrab. He chaingrabs others too, be sure to check out magus's thread on chaingrabbing.

smellysmallwood

Smash Cadet
I would have to say your quite good. One thimg i wpuld say is going for the stomp finish
isn't alway sthe best idea to edgegaurd with reverse u-air should be used more often to finish link
off. I'm a bit buzzin so my wording might be a bit weird sry bout that. Ledge hop techniques would help alot
like ledge hop u-air and ledge hop wavelands. And for some reason i find that down smash works well against link.

Top Bottom