• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice on What Brand GC Controller to buy for SSB

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master

But in all seriousness, get a normal GC one from Nintendo, lol. Wavebirds work pretty well from my experience too.
In all seriousness, is that real?

Also, I have a madcatz controller, and it's a good deal smaller than regular controllers. I find it makes stuff faster, but takes a while to get used to. Personally, I use the GC controller I got when buying my GC, but for Brawl I plan to try out every control scheme and I predict the CC will be the best.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I use this: http://store.videogamecentral.com/unps2coadxor.html

To play with a PlayStation2 controller. I just like the whole button layout more on the PS2 controller then the GC with its oversized A button.

I intend to play Brawl with the PS2 controller aswell...

I am going to hell arent I?

EDIT: Actually, I read that classic controller thingie from AtackstorM and its almost the same why I like the PS2 controller so much :D

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I use this: http://store.videogamecentral.com/unps2coadxor.html

To play with a PlayStation2 controller. I just like the whole button layout more on the PS2 controller then the GC with its oversized A button.

I intend to play Brawl with the PS2 controller aswell...

I am going to hell arent I?

EDIT: Actually, I read that classic controller thingie from orange and its almost the same why I like the PS2 controller so much :D
TRRAAAIIITOOOOORRR!!! LOLOL j/k j/k well if it will work on the Wii and Brawl and if that what u intend to use,,,,Then I say go for it (^^)V

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
TRRAAAIIITOOOOORRR!!! LOLOL j/k j/k well if it will work on the Wii and Brawl and if that what u intend to use,,,,Then I say go for it (^^)V
heh..

Well it works with Melee on my Wii, dunno if it works with Brawl, else I'll get a classic controller, close enough.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo controllers are the only ones I like personally. I've used some arsenal ones and they all broke on me, than I tried some madcatz one and it was a piece of ****.

So really for Brawl I'm most likely just going to use the standard gamecube controller, although I'm definitely going to try the wii-mote+nunchuck. Probably even try only the wii-mote just for the hell of it.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Why I'm probably not going to use the Wiimote- nunchuck configuration: I have some difficulties waving a wiimote in the air to attack, then recovering my position. I can do it, but it's annoying.

That said, I am going to try out all the GC controllers, and also get a classic controller. I'm going to try the classic mainly because of the R button of the GC controller... ><; the springs are annoying, and the only reason to press it lightly would be the light shielding, and even if that is still in, I can get into a lightshield with the Z button so quickly, probably even quicker on the CC, that it doesn't matter much IMO.

Besides, the classic controller has something going for it: the fact that after playing enough PS2 fighting games, I am kind of used to that layout. >____>;

So yeah, either GC or CC for me.

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
offical nintendo.
Buy a wavebird if your not bothered about changing batteries all the time.
Personally I prefer the orignal wired versions.

Top Bottom