• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice for Puff Ditto

Hunter Sidell (Gus)

Smash Rookie
NNID
huntersidell
So I've noticed there's a lot of info on these threads that have a lot of advice for various matchups, yet I can't seem to find any regarding the Jigglypuff ditto. It's a boring match to play for sure, but there's another Puff player in my region that I'm having difficulty beating. Does anyone have any advice/tips when playing a Jigglypuff ditto match??

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I've heard Hbox say that you just have to try to predict the next aerial puff will do.

Other than that, keep track of your/your opponents' kill options, have good spacing, etc.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
It's practically footsies. You need to have a lot of patience.

Maybe play some street fighter to practice the fundamentals, lol

Razgrizmerc

Smash Cadet
Maybe it's just bad spacing, but I have someone here that likes to MM me all the time in Puff dittos and he stopped recently cause I figured out some of Puffs moves that could be rested, also he refuses to rest me back when I rest cause He's seen me tech puff rests before. Not condoning resting another puff mainly cause if you mess up you lose, but, other than that lots of bairs and spacing.

flmo

Smash Rookie
Puff dittos are a game of outsmarting and outspacing your opponent, so there's not a whole lot I can say other than try and figure out your opponent's habits and punish them for being predictable, but that's almost every matchup with puff. Best advice I can give is to watch old Hbox vs Mango videos, or if it's really giving you a lot of trouble maybe use a secondary.

Top Bottom