• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice for my Peach

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Hey fellow Peach players I just wanted to put up a couple vids of my Peach (the only ones i have) and get some advice from anyone on how i can make my game stronger. I know im not THAT good but i am looking to improve. And i know darkrain was probably semi-sandbagging the matches (he always has pity on me) <3 david lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToLGloxi2vU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AaqNqnzZF4

In the first video, I know i wasnt up throwing enough, but any other advice from both videos would be greatly appreciated

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Don't use dsmash too much. Remember, it's a solid anti-ground attack, but it leaves the area above you completely open... which sets up right into a Drillshine. Against Fox, dsmash is more of a punishment for poor spacing and something to do when techchasing than a spammable attack.

Uthrow isn't the only throw you have to use, it just happens to be the one you can chaingrab with. Dthrow in particular does open up some techchasing possibilities, but you have to predict what direction they'll tech in.

Look into adding more nairs in your game. It has solid priority and knockback, and at 80%+ you can combo an uthrow into it for either a KO or edgeguarding. It's also extremely fast. If the Fox isn't chasing you quickly enough, you can break combos with the nair.

Fox nairs own Peach. So do Waveshine combos. Be careful of them. Don't stand near Fox unless you have control of the game. Staying far away will get you laser'd until you approach, but the key is to stay patient, because going in without a plan will almost always end in an usmash or uair on you.

Whoever was recording for the second match needs to stop messing with the camera.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Learn to SDI out of Fox's up-air, I just posted a thread on it. You should replace a lot of the forward airs with neutral airs for speed. Dash attacking Fox's shield is probably the worst thing you could do in this matchup, it can lead to an easy 0-death infinite on Peach.

It looks like you don't waiver between offensive and defensive at all, which can lead for easy predictability (ie lacking mindgames.) Practice playing a bit more defensively with turnips and wait for an opening.

PS. female Peach players are awesome.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Lolz yea smash is fun but my Pro game is Soul Calibur 2. Ivy FTW!

Top Bottom