• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice for my Falco :)

burningherbs

Smash Cadet
Don't use the get-up attack so often when you're lying on the ground. And I saw you use a jab to dsmash combo a bajillion times in the falco vs. fox vid at low percentages, and I think you can do better. Perhaps a jab to grab and then tech chase. But jab to dsmash pushes your opponent away, which is probably good at higher percentages while fighting at the edge, but allows them to get away and regain composure. So when you gain control, keep control.

And I saw you CC Peach's dsmash >_<

Shermanator

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the tips Burningherbs. I should have a couple more matches up on youtube soon so, I'll post those up when I do. Anything else I need to do??

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
a lot of SHFFL's were followed up by the d smash when you should be doing a shine cuz it comes out quicker. a solid falco overall though.

daytripper

Smash Cadet
You seem D-smash happy. It's great for edgegaurding and helping clear the opponent off the stage, but earlier in the game there are better moves to chose that would help you rack up more damage. And I noticed in the Gdorf video that wall-teching could have helped your recovery out.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
definitely could grab a lot more. every time your opponent receives stun from, or shields your lasers, is a good opportunity to surprise with a JC grab instead of what they expect - dair. his grabs don't set up for very much, but they allow you to maintain tempo, which is important for a character like falco, because once he gets hit or grabbed, he gets hit again, and again, and again, due to gay comboing. a strong tempo is the next best thing to shine comboes.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
SHFFL, and don't try to do that edge-hop again, because you phailed in first match.

HAKU

Smash Apprentice
Don't double jump so much i noticed that on the vs fox match you double jumped too much and shine bit more at the right times

vericz

Smash Champion
I saw a lot of mistakes that can easily be fixed by knowing your matchups better

Vs peach- Peach is easy to combo from low %s's like from 0-about 40-50%. After she reaches 40+ she is VERY difficult to combo so its all up to lasers and getting her off the stage. When she is off never edgehog unless you know its worth it, instead shoot lasers and wait for her, if you can get the edgehog go for it. NEVER dtilt peach when you both are at low %, it's bad.

Vs Ganon- I don't play vs ganon that often so the only tip I can give you is a tip that chaddd gave me, don't tech in place vs ganon. Also combo him :)

Vs Fox-Didn't watch the whole thing but all I can say is combo more and grab more

Practice boi :)

FalcoRape

Smash Cadet
I was annoyed by one thing you did over and over against Fox. You kept doing full jumps then doing dair. Don't use full jumps. Short hop more often. And try moving around faster.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Hey all,
I'd really appreciate some advice on how to improve my Falco. I'm open to anything you have to say!

Vs peach - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt589xn8K1Q
Vs Ganondoof - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMPBlK1hzsI
Vs Fox - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Do3xYNGoc

Thanks,
Shermanator
OMFG! That was sooooooooooooo funny... I only watched the fox match but the music was hilarious!!! Best match ever!
At first I thought your tag said Rob$....

Yeh anyways...learn to waveshine,grab ALOT more!... stop being predictable... Now i must watch that video again. LOL too funny. +1 rep to you.

Jem.

Smash Master
I only watched Falco vs Fox.. And you need a lot of work in that matchup and skill IMHO.

I saw maybe one combo vs Fox? Fox is pretty easy to combo, you need to practice L-Cancelling, short hopping, and doing short hop laser.. Learn to Short Hop Fast Fall L-Cancel aerials (SHFFL) throw in some wavedashes to throw him off, don't downsmash so much, learn to waveshine, it's good with combos. Dont F-Smash so much.

unknown522

Some guy
I watched all 3 vids.........

U really gotta grab a lot more, and WD out of ur shines if they shield it, or JC grab out of it. U need to work on ur L canceling, and need to edgeguard more with dair especially against that peach. There were many perfect opportunities if u didn't notice. More mindgames, and dash dance with WDs might help mindgaming. Oh, and pillar the fox.

Top Bottom