• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

advice for fighting tilt spammy marths?

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
I know facing marth is one of a Falcon player's favorite matchups because of the easy combos, but I seriously have trouble approaching/defending against Marths that spam tilts. They have like, no lag, and they outrange me too bad. If I get a hit, its usually a combo but I tend to lose to these stupid tilts when it comes down to the wire. Every time I think I can exploit an opening, *BAM* another tilt just pops out, whacks me good, and results in some stupid marth combo, techchase, etc on me. Does anybody have some advice on what can I do to counter the flurries of tilts?

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Don't rush the Marth
let him come to you
just stay were you are until he comes over
once the Marth starts using his nasty tilts you can either
attack with Dair
attack with Raptor boost
wavedash backwards and try for anything
I think Nair cuts through it

you are faster than marth
so you should beable to get through his attacks
be smart and don't attack blindly
let him get close
then cut through his attacks with nair

technomancer

Smash Champion
Best advice I can give is to get faster, and punish u-tilt and f-tilt with grabs, and don't try to punish the dtilt. You'll get a sense of when it's safe to go in with experience. You could also try running up right next to him and shielding.

pdk

Smash Lord
trying to rushdown marth = suicide, he can easily put you in an awkward situation where you're just barely in the range of his tippers and can't strike back

try rolling just barely past him and grabbing or finding various ways to bait him into using laggy moves (e.g. fulljump over him then double jump if he attacks, falcon's a fastfaller so if i recall he could even punish utilt's lag fairly well)

Kick

Smash Apprentice
yeah dont rush him. if he misses a utilt, marth becomes exposed, knee him in the face for being so careless.

audreyh

Smash Ace
if he's a tilt spammer, you can just run up to him and forward b. the pullback lag will be enough for you to miss his tilt. obviously this is punishable, but it'll make him stop spamming tilts.

Top Bottom