• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice: doubles at oc3?

a-mar

Smash Cadet
i am going to OC3 this year and i will definately lose all of the events and most of the matches but i am holding out hope in the doubles event(not to win just to not embarass myself)

the partner i have i have been playing with for about 8 months and i think when we try we are an efective team??

he plays as a good zelda and an ok peach

any tips for team play dynamics would be a huge help

thanks, a-mar

BTW i main as samus :cool:

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Darn, if only he played a good Sheik...

Samus is a good teammate. She's fast enough to get around and help her partner and has great recovery making it easy for Samus to stay alive so you'll have a stock if your partner needs it. She also has decent offense. Although Samus lives long, her recovery is slow, so while you're doing bomb jumps, your partner will have to either be fast or be able to handle a 2 vs 1.

Samus lacks the "killing move", but can rack up damage nicely. You deal the damage, while Zelda KOs.

If your partner is good at dodging, then you won't have to worry about shooting missiles.

Samus can save her partner with 3 moves.(recovery)
1) She can jump out a bomb off her partner so they get their up-b again.
2) She can Uair her partner.
3) Although this doesn't work as much, she can shoot homing missiles, although they don't home on on your partner.

Hope this helps.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, don't go Samus unless your partner can dodge missiles...

I think Zelda could work because her fair and bair kill like nothing. She can also reflect missiles with her b attack.

Top Bottom