• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advertising and Brawl+

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
As we get closer and closer to a Brawl+ Gold release (which we need a deadline for. We'll never finish this if we don't have a deadline. Sometimes, not everything gets in the perfect game) I feel we need to start looking at how we are going to advertise Brawl+. Currently, there have been a few side tournaments but the game thrives on friendlies primarily. Not everyone visits Smash Boards and not every diligently checks the site and nightly build. Therefore, as I said, I think we need to get one of us to head an advertising committee for the game. Here are some things I'd like to see before we launch Brawl+:
  • A Facebook and other social networking sites Group
  • People in charge of bringing it to tourneys and local game clubs
  • A REAL Website. None of this ***** ****, I'm talking about a real, well designed, professional website. On this Website I'd like highlights of all the changes that have been done to each of the 39 characters, a mission statement for Brawl+, a place to download the codeset (and possibly homebrew and the other tools required), and a compilation video showcasing exciting new things for each of the 39 characters (think of a video like that 15 minute one you could watch in Melee). My dream is to have it turn up in Google as one of the first hits. This would be the bulk of the adverting committee.
  • A Super Bowl Commercial

It's tough to come up with cheap/free advertising for an underground game, so other suggestions are great. Does anyone else think this would be helpful or should we coast upon our free advertising here on SmashBoards? If we decide against this massive endeavor, I'll just turn this topic into a discussion of a release date.

kupo15

Smash Hero
As we get closer and closer to a Brawl+ Gold release (which we need a deadline for. We'll never finish this if we don't have a deadline. Sometimes, not everything gets in the perfect game) .
I'm sorry, but there are several aspects to the games core mechanics that must be fixed. I agree for the character balance but we can't blatantly not fix/add core game mechanics that improve gameplay for a deadline.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I don't think the deadline is really important. The most important thing is creating the best possible game we can. However I really like your other ideas to promote this game(except super bowl commercial). I know AIB gets a lot of traffic. Does anyone know if there's a section for brawl+ there?

Top Bottom