• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Mode Very Hard on one stock?

RubberS0ul

Smash Rookie
I was probably a little lucky when I got the Crazy Hand trophy a year ago. But since I could have five stocks and I could go with Hard difficulty, it doesn't seem as bad as trying to get this special message:
"You beat 1-P Adventure On Very Hard with one stock!"

The furthest I've gotten is Pokemon Stadium with Roy and the Pikachus just tear me apart. I try using Roy's Up-B and it just doesn't seem to KO them as easily as the other teams.

F-smash doesn't seem to be as feasible either because I'll end up getting grabbed before I can unleash it. Picking up Pokeballs might as well be suicide.
Continues get eaten quite fast as a result.

I've tried using Dr. Mario since his Up-B does a number on teams, especially the Pikachus(proven by a Normal difficulty run. 5 stocks of course). But then the issue changes to getting past the stages leading up to Pokemon Stadium.

Stages that give me trouble as Dr. Mario:
- Mario & Peach fight (Sometimes I decide to fight Luigi instead, but it's risky to get him to SD because he doesn't do his side-B most of the time)
-Zelda fight (Dr. Mario's Fsmash has poor range >_<)
-Samus fight (This is as far as I've gotten with Doc.)

So I don't know. I may try farming coins and getting up to 999 coins. But even then, my continues will eventually get eaten up.

Does anyone have any tips?

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Why are you doing this? For fun? You definitely don't need it to get any trophies if that's what you're doing, and if you want all the messages one of them is like play 1,000,000 games or something so good luck with that.

RubberS0ul

Smash Rookie
I'm doing it because I want to 100% the game (which includes getting all of the messages).

Though Pokemon Stadium is still variable, I got up to Onett last night and got destroyed by the three Nesses. If I ever back to that point again, I'm going to try to use Doc's back throw since it has great knockback.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Well if you go AR-less then you need the Japanese event trophies (obviously I don't know if you have those) as well as the ridiculously high VS battle messages to get 100%, so unless you have a good plan for those it's kinda pointless. If you want to do everything within reason then good luck and let us know what you figure out.

RubberS0ul

Smash Rookie
I don't have the JP trophies, so ABSOLUTE 100% won't be possible.
*sighs*

I decided to go through a run as Roy with five stocks and got up to Battlefield. But that was not without losing some lives (the nigh impossible Pokemon Stadium) and continuing (Once on Samus and once with Onett)

It would be nice if this went further and talked about Pokemon Stadium, Onett, etc.

Top Bottom