• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advantages in X or Y throw?

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
I've been hearing that all D3's change their X (gamecube controller) to throw. I have mine set to Y for throw. Is it quicker for the X throw or is it just how it feels for the player? I feel like I'm the odd one out. :ohwell:

pockyD

Smash Legend
you mean grab?

use whatever feels comfortable... people choose x or y because they already use the other one to jump

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I never liked using Z to grab, so I'm using X. It's all a matter of preference. The difference is minimal if you're thinking that there's an advantage when chain grabbing with X instead of Z. Plus, Y is also jump, so who needs 2 jumps?

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
for me it seems easier to do the infinte w/ using x or y instead of Z, but that's just me, if you can work with Z then just use it

tachyon34

Smash Rookie
what do u mean by using Z or X for grab? i thought the only thing you needed was Shield grabs for both chain grab and infinites?

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
I would prefere to have it set to X than Y because pressing Y is futher up on the pad making it "feel" like you're jumping

And no i dont get sexually aroused by these feelings either.

Nokon

Smash Apprentice
on the classic i use y
but on the cube i just use R + A, both x and y bother me for grabs and z sucks more.

Its all really preference, and people were looking for an alternative to Z since it was really far out of the way.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I end up using R+A most for shield grabs, but I'm using y for grabs, but only because it hurts my finger to use z for a long time like in an infinite.

Top Bottom