• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced techs? More like glorified button mashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK... I HEAR CLACK...AND MORE CLACK..AND EVEN MORE REPULSIVE CLACK!

THIS is your advanced techniques? Do you not HEAR the result of your frantic BASHINGS? Seriously people, it is kind of hard to consider someone a real "pro" if the sound I hear is quite similar to that of noobish button mashers...

Yea, I know, a mere gripe, but a justified gripe.

It really is funny, that in order to be the best at the game, you have to sink to a level that is remotely similar to the most n00bic tactic ever. I am no fool. I understand that the end result in this current predicament is a payoff by having "amazing tech skills," but really, seriously, it is button mashing.

There is no such thing as "quiet" pros, which I find quite humorous. The "best" at the game sound very much similar to the "n00bs" of fighting games in general...

You know what else? You CAN button mash to pull off the techs....BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THEY ARE DONE!

:laugh: So in conclusion....pros? Keep doing what you are doing....

Keep button mashing....

N00bs. :psycho:

iruchii

Smash Apprentice
Flames incoming.

Not from me, though, because I don't use advanced techs at all and I'd hate to break my Gamecube Controller's analogic stick with them.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Tech skill has nothing to do with winning. Learn more. You just have to be able to control your character, no one cares how fast you can Jump cancel shines, and no one cares how cool your combos look. Theres more to this game thank you think chump.

it is kind of hard to consider someone a real "pro" if the sound I hear is quite similar to that of noobish button mashers...

Sound Johns?!?!!

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Serious Post? More like trolling...

spam spam spam spam spam... yada.

Break

Smash Apprentice
You know what else? You CAN button mash to pull off the techs....BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THEY ARE DONE!
WOW. Have you even tried to used the advanced techniques? I myself am a casual player and don't regularly use them, but I have given the large majority of them a try and they are far from "button mashing". This is a pathetic attempt at trolling.

Will a mod please just close this useless thread, the only thing it's going to contain is flaming.

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
*pulls up a LA-Z-BOY and sits quite comfortably in it, taking quick nibbles on his blue snow cone*

Ok puppets, entertain me.

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
WOW. Have you even tried to used the advanced techniques? I myself am a casual player and don't regularly use them, but I have given the large majority of them a try and they are far from "button mashing". This is a pathetic attempt at trolling.

Will a mod please just close this useless thread, the only thing it's going to contain is flaming.
Precisamundo.

Kids sure do hate the truth! :laugh:

I use the techs, but after I began to see what they really portrayed me as, I let them go.

I have always detested button mashers, why carry on that route?

Break

Smash Apprentice
Curse you and your blue-tinted jesting!
But the real joke is on you...
Post count +1!!!

Break

Smash Apprentice
Educated trolls with a sense of humor are dangerous things indeed.
Post count +1!!!
MUWAHAHAHAHA

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
Then why the hell did you make the post?
It's a mirror son, a reflection of just how much of a brat one can be to another for throwing out a totally legit point and bombarding it with hate from the truth.

I can see into your soul son, it's quite easy, like a pop-up book with swirly bold font. :cool:

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
OP : blame the GCN controller. When I play Accent Core with a Dual Shock it doesn't make as much noise.

D

Deleted member

Tech skill has nothing to do with winning. Learn more. You just have to be able to control your character, no one cares how fast you can Jump cancel shines, and no one cares how cool your combos look. Theres more to this game thank you think chump.

Sound Johns?!?!!
Wiimote is banned, ****** scrub!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
If you thought GameCube controllers were loud, try going to an Arcade full of MvC2 players.

It's not our fault that the GC control has a somewhat cheap egronomic design.

>_>
You tell me. Every time mine goes into rumble, I can hear the buttons shaking. Either that, or something is horribly wrong with my controller.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I love how everyone is complaining of the troll instead of trying to respond to his statement.

You know why? You don't have a response. We do make tons of sounds when we play. Turn off the music/volume next time, you'll hear it.

But so what? If timing button presses is noobish because it sounds(literally sounds) like n00b play, so be it. Don't John the next time you get owned by a 'button masher'.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Sure we can sound like noobs all we want, but looks what's happening on the gameplay.

That's like saying a 1st grader is drawing a picture and sounds very sloppy, compared to a famous artist making a sloppy sound when he paints, but the product is the key.

Wavedashing does require alot of buttons to press at once over and over, but it's the "way" you do it that sets you apart from noobs.

i mean jeez, a fast typer sounds like he is just pressing random keys like a 1st grader. since when he types fast he sounds like a 1st grader...I guess I shouldn't type fast..:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom