• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Samus Tech Thread Compilation

Litt

Samus
Ok well here is a list of all advanced techs that are useful for samus in PM:
Jab cancels (aka jab pressure on sheild, there are guides on the samus melee page for this)
Missile spams:
Platform missile spam on stages:
Short hop missile spams: Pokemon stadium 2 and 1, battlefield, yoshis story
Double jump missile spams on the other stages with platforms (note you must let of of the original jump button to pull off another jump fast enough to missile cancel)
Full jump fast fall missile cancel
Full jump double missile
Full jump missile --> 2nd jump missile --> fast fall 3rd missile
Super Wave Dash
Double Super Wave Dash
Super Wave Dash --> Taunt Cancel on edge of the stage
Short hop --> Air dodge --> Zair
Morph Ball edge guard: rolling backwards towards the edge of the stage in crawl form, when nearing the edge, jump-->airdodge --> zair, and you will immediately grab the ledge
Bomb on opponent sheild --> wavedash back to ground --> rising nair for shield poke, or another bomb on sheild --> dair, or back to jab pressure on sheild.
On edge game with samus: You only get 3 grapples off stage before the 4th one fails, you need to touch the stage again otherwise you will not be able to refresh the number of allowed grapples. You can not currently tether the edge if you are above the edge, you past the edge of the stage on a vertical plane.
Rising Grapple: Air dodge upward --> zair for a 3rd jump higher than a regular up B if timed correctly.
If you hug the wall of the stage, and do a rising grapple, you can hit your opponent standing on the stage with the fully elongated Zair, and then grab the ledge while fast falling when they are still in hitstun
Zair bomb cancels no longer work
Extendur is not currently in PM but developers are eager to add it to the game
You can not grapple any wall with samuses grapple beam like in melee, but also developers are eager to add it.
Once you are tethered to the edge, you can cancel it with down the control stick, and can regrapple the edge, or go into an up b.
Only 3 ice homing missiles can be out at once, and the only go away until they have hit an object or are completely out of play.
Don't forget samus still can wall jump, (she can not wall jump out of her up b like mario can, but it is possible to space your bomb jump well enough to wall jump with no jumps left if you can get to the stage by bomb jumping.)
Samus does have the ability to chain grab in this game, the timing is weird (and yes theoretically she has the ability to do so in melee as well but it was very a viable option)
Low angled forward tilt --> into a lagless morph ball attack (<-- not 100% sure about this tech but I saw a video about it and you can speculate for yourself).

Thats all I can think of for now, as for the use of the Ice moveset, I have not had enough exposure to explore its practical uses, all I have so far is, its really useful in doubles, especially short hop fast fall L cancel ice fair for safer approaches

Last edited:

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
You forgot the windmill of fury.
It's like the most powerful AT ever.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
SHFFMC is not possible in PM... FHFFMC is barely possible...
Just tested this quickly in frame advance and it appears that you are correct; SHFFMC is not possible even on the earliest frame according to SDM's frame data (FF 28th frame in air, 29 fire missile).

Litt

Samus
I know, I was one of the few samuses out there to actually master the shffmcs, and I tried my best, but in no way could I make it happen in PM, so I came to the conclusion that its just not possible. Since I have a hard enough time with the FHFFMC, I doubt there would be many frames for a DJFFMC to be possible as well.

Litt

Samus
I'm all over these Samus boards tonight. I may be scrubby, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting a DJFFMC in PM.
You shouldn't you don't wanna just burn your second jump like that unless you were doing it in a dj missile cancel, where you would get your jump right back. Just learn the FHFFMCs, just double jumping with samus fast enough is already a problem, you dont want to burn your jump and put yourself at a height even higher than a FJ

Top Bottom