• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Ledge options

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to share a few interesting ledge options I have been playing around with
I will refer to dropping of the ledge and double jumping as ledge hoping

Ledge hop rising laser to waveland back to ledge.
For those who don't know, wolf can haxdash. Not only this but wolf can add a projectile to this haxdash resulting in a seriously safe poke. Wolf can also wall jump into a wavebounce for added style.

Ledge hop wall jump immediate backair to ledge grab.
This backair is invincible and pokes people close to the ledge. by doing a shine turnaround or up b you can grab the ledge on the way down. Also if your perfect with your wall jump and back air, you can wavebounce laser waveland to the stage on the way down, or edgecancel side b instead.

Ledge hop wall jump up b down to ledge.
This will semi spike recovering opponents.

Ledge jump immediate shine jc platform waveland
This is useful because it allows you to shine close opponents while retaining your double jump. This allows you to escape to a platform.

Ledge drop Side b shorten pseudo moonwalk to ledge grab
This one is pretty well known at this point, but I wanted to put it here anyway.

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
For walljump bair, it's mostly useless. If you have to grab ledge because they're too close to safely waveland from the bair on stage, then they'll easily punish using the shine to turnaround or upb ledgesnap. Walljump to upb is 50% unnecessary. You can just ledgejump or hop and upb to ledge. Simpler, same effect. Ledgejump shine is a good mixup, but you're slowing down your actions from a tournament winner. Be aware that if they're so close as to get shined by a ledgejump, then there are plenty of options you can use instead. And the last one is well known, but only works on Yoshi's brawl or melee. Melee is very difficult to perform consistently and not worth it.

Top Bottom