• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Full Hop Spam

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Right... So if you've seen my newer videos (posted below) you'll see I've been experimenting with full hop tricks. Below is the list of ideas. I'll rank them in usefulness. Also, remember that these take too long to do in normal combat. Most of them work at the beginning of the match or once someone is knocked off the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsEhkzsHGZA

Full Bomb Arrow
Full Hop-Bomb Pull-Throw-Arrow
(Someone come up with a name...)

As you hold jump for a full hop, input commands for bomb pull, bomb throw, and then arrow. The timing for this is about the difficulty of SHDA. Keep in mind you might have to buffer moves slightly.
I would honestly say this is the most useful/ practical. It allows for two projectiles to come out without previously holding a bomb.
Useful rating: 8

Bomb Double Arrow
Full Hop-Throw-Arrow-Arrow

Start with a bomb in your hand. Full hop and immediately throw the bomb. Next, input arrow and then another arrow. The result will be three projectiles coming out at once, creating a large area of damage zone. This also help to create good openings. The down-side is that it takes like 2-3 seconds...
This is not really that useful... The only time I can see this working is when an opponent is knocked off the stage. Still, with characters you should not follow of the stage (MK...) this provides a great damage racking tool and sets up well for a F-Air.
Useful rating: 3

Arrow Bomb Arrow
Full Hop-Arrow-Throw-Arrow

Start with a bomb in your hand. Full hop and input arrow command immediately. Next, throw the bomb and land in an arrow cancel. The result will also be 3 projectiles. This also takes like two to three seconds. This is kind of cool because of the odd order of **** flying.
Also, not that useful ... The only useful thing of this is that it makes a really weird patter for opponents to deal with. Useless **** FTW
Useful rating: 5

Boomerang Bomb Arrow
Full Hop-Boomerang-Throw-Arrow Cancel

Start with bomb in hand, full hop, throw 'rang, bomb, then land in Arrow cancel. The timing for this is a little harder that the other.
Though kind of stupid seeming, the creates a LOT of openings. Having three different projectiles out at once in on jump works REALLY well.
Useful rating: 6

Throw Pull Arrow
Full Hop-Throw-bomb pull-Arrow/Boomerang

Start with bomb in hand, full hop, throw bomb, pull another bomb, arrow cancel or boomerang. Pretty simple timing wise... Not much else to say here...
This one is useful if you want to end you spam chain with another projectile in hand. I recommend this if your opponent will be close by the time you land.
Useful rating: 6

UncleSam

Smash Master
I've been trying to work on Full hop combo's as well, and I haven't thought of those but I have thought of:
Bomb pull>Bomb throw>bomb pull>full hop>bomb throw>arrow>instant throw>arrow cancel

I haven't tested it(since I don't have my wii) but it's sort of like a combination of the SHDA and SHDB in one full hop try it out(since I currently can't)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Good idea, we've been working on SH but never much on FullHop.

Cant really think of any off the top of my head you guys havent already mentioned...
Pretty much projectile>projectile>arrow cancel.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
I like. Sometimes I get trapped with SHing everywhere because it's so quick, but the FH really gives you more flexibility.

I think a fast falled arrow cancel is useful for getting down sometimes.

Also, in terms of making the guide itself better,
Replace 'Bomb Throw' With 'Throw'
Remove 'Full Hop' from the beginnings of all the sentences.
Replace 'Arrow Cancel' With 'Arrow', as it is probably self evident that it is an arrow cancel.

Finally order them in terms of usefulness.

Also I think they should be called

Ultra Bomb Arrow
Bomb Double Arrow
Arrow Bomb Arrow
Boomerang Bomb Arrow
Throw Pull Arrow

Top Bottom