• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Additional/New Stages?

Which Melee past stages would you want added to the next release?

• Total voters

Chaoseater

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if PMBR is going to add any more new or past stages? I remember reading that they were going to put more from Melee in, but I dont know how much weight it actually held.

And second, if they were to add in any more Melee stages, which would you want back?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
poke floats would be super hype. like, i don't think it would ever be used competitively, even if they fixed the clipping issues, but damn, that stage was fun!

my friends and i also have really dumb fond memories of termina : p

Exodo

Smash Ace
i did a discussion thread for stages, but it seems like nobody here actually cares about stages being changed or added :l

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
A Fixed N64 Yoshi's Island (no clouds and better positioning since is too close to the left blast zone), N64 Planet Zebes without acid and Sector Z.
Yep, i love the N64 Stages.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'd support remakes of Peach's Castle and Zebes from 64, and Mushroom Kingdom 1 or 2 or Kongo Jungle from Melee.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
wasn't great bay legal for doubles at one point? Also if the blast zones get fixed it has a chance to be counter pick materiel(maybe not because stage spikes lol).

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Who's the scumbag who voted for Icicle Mountain? Have you no soul?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Saw this rumor on 4chan that Poke Floats, Bowser's Castle, Mute City, and Kongo Jungle (Melee) might be in.

Probably fake though, we don't need more castle stages.

Chaoseater

Smash Rookie
Saw this rumor on 4chan that Poke Floats, Bowser's Castle, Mute City, and Kongo Jungle (Melee) might be in.

Probably fake though, we don't need more castle stages.
That would be pretty sick, honestly. And yeah, I guess youre right. What, we got like 3, maybe 4 castles? I know we can just add in our own stages, but I think its much more badass if some of these were official in Project M. ;)

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I'd absolutely love to see new stages. They're what I'm most excited for outside of new characters, which we probably won't get for awhile. Great Bay would be great. I imagine it being very different with the swimming mechanic, which I hope would be present in the stage. Poke Floats is always good fun. Melee's Kongo Jungle was also pretty nice. Brinstar Depths was another interesting stage to play on for fun. I'm most interested to see what new original stages they might have. I remember a PMBR member stating that he loved some of the stage concepts that were being thrown around, so I guess they may show up in 3.5.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Here is a more thorough voting list for stages I made awhile back. It includes every Smash stage from the previous games/ones removed from brawl. The Second Post is links to images of each stage if you are unsure if which stage is being mentioned. Plus it has been voted on a lot so it accurately depicts the most wanted stages for Project M. Oh and you can vote fore multiple stages. You should check it out here is the link below.
http://smashboards.com/threads/what-are-the-top-most-wanted-stages-for-pm-vote-for-yours.342850/

Last edited:

_Chrome

Smash Ace
Yeah please fix Summit! There's a really good looking hacked version on the Internet somewhere that is like FD except it has two vertically rising platforms at the far left and right of the stage, it's kinda like a more maneuverable Fountain of Dreams I guess. So for me, looking forward to a Summit and a Shadow Moses Island neutral.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Yeah please fix Summit! There's a really good looking hacked version on the Internet somewhere that is like FD except it has two vertically rising platforms at the far left and right of the stage, it's kinda like a more maneuverable Fountain of Dreams I guess. So for me, looking forward to a Summit and a Shadow Moses Island neutral.
We don't really need more neutral or FD type stages. At least don't ruin existing stages that are fine how they are, Not every stage needs to be competitive friendly. Non competitive stages or stages with abnormal layout can be fun. Sometimes I just want to play a stage because the layout makes it more fun.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
We don't really need more neutral or FD type stages. At least don't ruin existing stages that are fine how they are, Not every stage needs to be competitive friendly. Non competitive stages or stages with abnormal layout can be fun. Sometimes I just want to play a stage because the layout makes it more fun.
Current Summit isn't even fun for me casually

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Spear Pillar come back. Saffron's no fun without the Pokemon. :003::004::101::113::137:

Would be nice if they dropped Cresselia from the stage too.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
While we're talking about it, I'll pass on the idea from the alt/art thread. Would you like HD remakes of returning stages? Updated textures, completely recreated with Brawl assets, and/or 3D backgrounds. There are plenty on the vault, but nothing can top the PMDT's polish.

Edit: I meant to say any returning stage, 64 or Melee.

Last edited:

_Chrome

Smash Ace
Shadow Moses Island can still be fun, but Summit is awful.

_Chrome

Smash Ace
I'd like to see Spear Pillar come back. Saffron's no fun without the Pokemon. :003::004::101::113::137:

Would be nice if they dropped Cresselia from the stage too.
Yeah, if they're not going to make a tournament stage, then we need the yell of :004:-"CHARMANDER!" every match, because it's hilarious! But IMO Saffron > Spear Pillar

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Shadow Moses Island can still be fun, but Summit is awful.
I'm fine with summit, but I'm still not completely opposed to it getting some adjustments. I just don't want another stage that's a flat base with some platforms floating around. At the very least I don't want that type of stage to replace something with a more unique layout.

Top Bottom