• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

add on to the short up/ up B

kown

Smash Lord
This is a quot from sagemoon in UndrDog's undrworld topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagemoon View Post
I discovered something while playing the other day and i'll try to explain it so you can add it. It's extemely helpful in edgeguarding as pit.

Okay so first while you are on the ground jump and then immediately go into your up b. Now if you do it right you should be flying right at ground level (much similar to peaches float canceling height). But thats not the tactic I found out. So while in this mode. You can fly off the edge and you have great mobility and speed. You can attack or get hit or anything BUT YOU GET ALL JUMPS BACK even your UP B returns. I can upload some gameplay videos so you can see what i mean. Not only can you reach your opponent anywhere off the ledge, but you have all 3 jumps to do a followthrough with any attack and make it back to the ledge.

The only thing i dont recomend is up b after just leaving the other up b. Diminishing recovery will kill you lol

Edit: Oh and please give me credit for it ^_^
Sagemoon is credited with the initial observation that allowed me to find this.

Here's how it works. You may have noticed how Pit can't do any attacks out of his Up-B while he's floating on top of the ground. If you raise up from this position into the air, use an attack (f-air works best), you're able to use all your midair jumps still, and even Up-B again. And if you lower yourself to the ground with the Up-B and go back up again, you can continue the cycle. You have to lower yourself so that you don't have to compensate for too much downward momentum when trying to go back up. I've been able to do this successfully five times in a row.[Quote/]
im adding on to this
and not sure if this helps and it mite have already been stated and its pretty much the same thing as above but you can also go off the edge and downwards. I'm thinking that your opponent will think that u lose all of your jumps once he sees the blue wings and will be careless and miss the edge while trying to take you down with him. haha just mind games but it could work hopefully. maybe... jsut throwing it out there

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This works very well against people who aren't familiar with Pit, and certainly would work at a tournament at this time.

Anyway man, welcome to Smashboards! Don't feel too bad when I say this, but this should've been a reply in the thread that's already been made. Don't sweat it though. I hope you become a active member back here in the Pit Forum. ^_^

Top Bottom